Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

UK top 20 worst places to live

UK top 20 worst places to live

Old Oct 15th 2007, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK top 20 worst places to live

It seems the place not to be in the UK is Middlesbrough, after the city topped a poll of the worst places to live.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/200...e-45dbed5.html
Old Oct 15th 2007, 9:06 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: UK top 20 worst places to live

LOL Stoke-on-Trent... surely that place is long overdue for demolition? I'm surprised that Cannock Chase made the list...

A quarter of the Top 20 worst places are made up of London local boroughs
...but no surprises there!
Old Oct 15th 2007, 9:24 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK top 20 worst places to live

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
LOL Stoke-on-Trent... surely that place is long overdue for demolition? I'm surprised that Cannock Chase made the list...

...but no surprises there!
Cannock Chase made the list! I'm going to have a look then!
Old Oct 15th 2007, 9:25 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippies
So it did, blimey
Old Oct 15th 2007, 10:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

What a load of poo!

Bradford's not on there and that's the worst place in the whole world, never mind the UK
Old Oct 15th 2007, 10:17 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

There are places worse than St Helens
Old Oct 15th 2007, 10:19 pm
Bring it On

Funkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud of

How do these people compile this list??? Have they actually lived in all of these towns and all the other sh*tholes I'm sure we all think should be on he list???
Old Oct 15th 2007, 10:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippies
Who on earth decides this crap Cannock Chase is a lovely area
Old Oct 15th 2007, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
It seems the place not to be in the UK is Middlesbrough, after the city topped a poll of the worst places to live.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/200...e-45dbed5.html
Not surprised that Mansfield is on there - i taught at a school in Mansfield...
Old Oct 15th 2007, 11:26 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Presumably if it was for Location x3 then it wasn't just down to whether the place was a sh*t hole or not but included, affordability, ease of finding work, entertainment etc. I've never been to most of those places but Islington isn't completely bad if you have several million quid
Old Oct 15th 2007, 11:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Presumably if it was for Location x3 then it wasn't just down to whether the place was a sh*t hole or not but included, affordability, ease of finding work, entertainment etc. I've never been to most of those places but Islington isn't completely bad if you have several million quid
Bradford:

Affordability - you cn pick up a nice terrace house in one of the worst areas for about $150k
Ease of finding work - No-one wants to work
Entertainment - Weekends are good for entertainment if you go into the city centre. Always a stabbing or two, and if you're really lucky you'll get to see a shooting
Schooling - There's no call for schools in most area's as none of the kids go anyway.

(couldn't resist - hehe )
Old Oct 15th 2007, 11:33 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Bradford:

Affordability - you cn pick up a nice terrace house in one of the worst areas for about $150k
Entertainment - Weekends are good for entertainment if you go into the city centre. Always a stabbing or two, and if you're really lucky you'll get to see a shooting
Schooling - There's no call for schools in most area's as none of the kids go anyway.

Sounds fab. I wonder why I moved here instead of there
Old Oct 15th 2007, 11:36 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wendy
Bradford:

The curries are rubbish as well.

Birmingham is much better.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 11:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Sounds fab. I wonder why I moved here instead of there

Oh, it's great
Originally Posted by MartinLuther
The curries are rubbish as well.

Birmingham is much better.
Ah, the good old Cat Curry from Bradford. I miss them - not!
Old Oct 15th 2007, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud of

Definately Bognor Regis, in West Sussex. What a hole! I used to call it Reginal's Bog.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.