Reload this Page >

Quest for Promite......

Quest for Promite......

Old Apr 1st 2006, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

yorkiebar99 is on a distinguished road
Default Quest for Promite......

Hello!

Just writing to find out if anyone has bought "Promite" here in Canada. I have been searching on-line and can only find places that ship it at extortionate prices.

Thanks
Old Apr 1st 2006, 9:50 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quest for Promite......

Originally Posted by yorkiebar99
Hello!

Just writing to find out if anyone has bought "Promite" here in Canada. I have been searching on-line and can only find places that ship it at extortionate prices.

Thanks
Loblaws used to have it, they certainly have Marmite and Vegemite. I'll look next time I go.
Old Apr 1st 2006, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

Hello!

Thanks

What the heck is it?
Old Apr 1st 2006, 10:10 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Corky
What the heck is it?
A another Australian version of Marmite.

First there was Vegemite and now Promite.

I really don't know which came first.
Old Apr 1st 2006, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dbd33
Loblaws used to have it, they certainly have Marmite and Vegemite. I'll look next time I go.
Really? That would be great if you could have a look. I have checked our local loblaws but there wasn't any. If you do find some, we will pick some up next time we are in Toronto.

Thanks.
Old Apr 1st 2006, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hangman
A another Australian version of Marmite.

First there was Vegemite and now Promite.

I really don't know which came first.
The 'usband says there is nought like it and no comparison to vegemite/marmite........
Old Apr 1st 2006, 10:26 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Really? That would be great if you could have a look. I have checked our local loblaws but there wasn't any. If you do find some, we will pick some up next time we are in Toronto.

Thanks.
Loblaws vary their stock according to what sells locally, some have lots of kosher foods, some only "white man" food and so on. The Loblaws near here is the big one at Vic Park and Gerrard, it's a very diverse area so they keep all manner of foods, I'll see if they have it (I'm sure I saw it there) but, if they do, it doesn't follow that other Loblaws will; I'd look for a Loblaws near the TRANZAC club.

On second thought, and edit, why not ask here : http://www.tranzac.org/