Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

1st time passport application. Need help-British national living in the us

1st time passport application. Need help-British national living in the us

Old Jun 8th 2011, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

kingshahine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 1st time passport application. Need help-British national living in the us

let me start with a bit of background information

I moved from the uk to the U.s when i was young, I was brought here by my parents. We were in the process of getting a green card but lawyer issues and mistakes made by my parents messed things up. Now im a young adult and im in a bit of jam. I'm trying to apply for my passport for the first time( i was included in my mothers passport which has been lossed) and im wondering what kind of problems i can expect by applying for my passport for the first time outside of the u.k?

-I have printed the c-1 form
-I've gathered all the necessary documents except my mothers passport information because its been lost although i do have my fathers.
- Both my mother and father are british citizens (father immigrated, mother was born in the uk)

Also Will the embassy question me on my legal status in the united states? Any advice will be appreciated, I'm young and i need advice, I'm just trying to figure out a way foward
Old Jun 8th 2011, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Need help-British national living in the us

i was included in my mothers passport when i came to the states but that passport has been lost.

When filing out the c1 form it asked for my mothers passport number and i don't know and she doesn't know it. So what can we do about that?

also i had a question about the forms themselves. It doesn't seem to be printing out correctly, at least the size seems to be off. the bottems of the pages cut out a little bit. Will this be a problem?
Old Jun 8th 2011, 9:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kingshahine
i was included in my mothers passport when i came to the states but that passport has been lost.

When filing out the c1 form it asked for my mothers passport number and i don't know and she doesn't know it. So what can we do about that?
I noticed your other thread in the Welcome Inn. You may want to fill in people here with ALL the details so people know what your status is and the like.

also i had a question about the forms themselves. It doesn't seem to be printing out correctly, at least the size seems to be off. the bottems of the pages cut out a little bit. Will this be a problem?
Check paper size in print settings. Your printer most likely uses Letter size, the pdf is probably A4 paper formatted. Tell the printer to shrink to fit printable area (or an option to that effect).
Old Jun 8th 2011, 9:27 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1st time passport application. Need help-British national living in the us

l
Also Will the embassy question me on my legal status in the united states?
No.

Though you will want to sort our your status in the US and sharpish...what status are the folks?
Old Jun 8th 2011, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
I noticed your other thread in the Welcome Inn. You may want to fill in people here with ALL the details so people know what your status is and the like.

Check paper size in print settings. Your printer most likely uses Letter size, the pdf is probably A4 paper formatted. Tell the printer to shrink to fit printable area (or an option to that effect).
details- Im illegal, i came here when i was young with my parents, im 21 now. I am a british citizen( i was born in essex), my mother is british citizen born in london, and my father is a british citizen but he was born in iran.

I have my birthcertificate, parents marriage license, mothers birth certificate, and my dads passport.

We lost my mothers passport and don't know her passport numbers. I have never had my own passport i was included with hers.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: 1st time passport application. Need help-British national living in the us

Originally Posted by Bob
No.

Though you will want to sort our your status in the US and sharpish...what status are the folks?
my parents are the same as me, illegal
Old Jun 8th 2011, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

bonkers is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no reason that they should ask you your statues in the usa.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 10:07 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

kingshahine,

So you are planning to get your UK passport, but then stay illegally in the USA? I understand you just want to have some kind of ID, but it doesn't seem there is a way right now for you to get your green card. Even with your UK passport, you still won't be able to get a drivers license or state ID (they will need to see proof of your legal status in the USA), and you still won't have permission to work legally either.

You can still return to the UK, even without a UK passport. Show them your birth certificate at the POE.

Rene
Old Jun 8th 2011, 10:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
kingshahine,

So you are planning to get your UK passport, but then stay illegally in the USA? I understand you just want to have some kind of ID, but it doesn't seem there is a way right now for you to get your green card. Even with your UK passport, you still won't be able to get a drivers license or state ID (they will need to see proof of your legal status in the USA), and you still won't have permission to work legally either.

You can still return to the UK, even without a UK passport. Show them your birth certificate at the POE.

Rene
How is he going to board a plane...are even check in for an international flight without a valid PP?

For a little more background here is the OP's thread that was posted in the Welcome Inn.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 10:36 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
How is he going to board a plane...are even check in for an international flight without a valid PP?

For a little more background here is the OP's thread that was posted in the Welcome Inn.
Oops, you're right. Thanks for that.

Having the passport helps him get back to the UK. But it doesn't really help him here in the USA.

Rene
Old Jun 8th 2011, 10:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Oops, you're right. Thanks for that.

Having the passport helps him get back to the UK. But it doesn't really help him here in the USA.

Rene
Yeah I know. As you can see I've asked him to post in the US Imm forum. Poor guy.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

i came here when i was young with my parents, im 21 now.
It's a shame you waited so long. Things would have been much easier for you if you had left the US prior to your 18th birthday. Now that you're 21, if you leave the US for any reason whatsoever, you'll incur an immediate 10-year ban from returning. But, from where I sit, that's probably a better option than remaining in the US as things are.

Ian
Old Jun 9th 2011, 12:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It's a shame you waited so long. Things would have been much easier for you if you had left the US prior to your 18th birthday. Now that you're 21, if you leave the US for any reason whatsoever, you'll incur an immediate 10-year ban from returning. But, from where I sit, that's probably a better option than remaining in the US as things are.

Ian
whats done is done, I need to go about getting my passport now. Theres a lot i can do with a valid id in this country, lots of ways around things.

What can i do to get my passport now?
Old Jun 9th 2011, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

British Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: 1st time passport application. Need help-British national living in the us

Just fill out the passport application form including the details of your mother and father. If you don't know her passport number, write "passport lost, number not known" but you'll need to supply birth certificates to support your application.

Dean
Old Jun 9th 2011, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Theres a lot i can do with a valid id in this country, lots of ways around things.
Respectfully, I was sympathetic until you posted this bit. I, for one, will not help you to get around things! I regret that your parents put you in this situation... but now you're just being a jerk.

<washing hands>

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.