Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

IELTS official copy mentioned in Acknowledgement letter

IELTS official copy mentioned in Acknowledgement letter

Old Jun 17th 2002, 4:13 pm
Karl

Default IELTS official copy mentioned in Acknowledgement letter

Hi Everyone, I had already submitted the original IELTS test report with my
application but the acknowledgement I recd says "YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO SEND US AN
OFFICIAL COPY OF THE IELTS TEST"

Though the above sentence seems pretty clear that I may have to send a official copy
, I was wondering whether they might have seen the contents of my appication before
they posted my acknowledgement.

All experts and those who have gone thru the proccess please clarify! Thanks Karl

Old Jun 17th 2002, 4:14 pm
David

Default Re: IELTS official copy mentioned in Acknowledgement letter

[email protected] (karl) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Hi Everyone, I had already submitted the original IELTS test report with my
    > application but the acknowledgement I recd says "YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO SEND US AN
    > OFFICIAL COPY OF THE IELTS TEST"
    >
    > Though the above sentence seems pretty clear that I may have to send a official
    > copy , I was wondering whether they might have seen the contents of my appication
    > before they posted my acknowledgement.
    >
    > All experts and those who have gone thru the proccess please clarify! Thanks Karl
They don't believe in the orginal IELTS test you sent to them. They need the English
Consulate to send an offical copy. You have to ask your nearest English Consulate to
send one to Adelaid directly.

Old Jun 17th 2002, 4:14 pm
Amos

Hi Karl,

I also got exactly the same wording in my acknowledgement letter.

I suspect this is a standard form. I attached the original IELTS results sheet with
my application too and still got this sentence in the letter.

I called the British Council here in Tel-Aviv to ask about the procedure and cost so
I'll be prepared when the request for an office copy will arrive and the lady there
just asked me to fax her an address (which had to include the file number) and she
sent it directly for free the next day (I suppose she did, that's what she said
she'll do).

At least where I did my IELTS, it was very important for her to know the date of my
exam, this is apparently their main means to find it, so I'd suggest you to keep a
record of this date around.

I haven't heard from DIMIA since the acknowledgement letter, so I'm not sure if I did
the right thing (yet).

Good luck with your application,

--Amos

[email protected] (karl) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Hi Everyone, I had already submitted the original IELTS test report with my
    > application but the acknowledgement I recd says "YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO SEND US AN
    > OFFICIAL COPY OF THE IELTS TEST"
    >
    > Though the above sentence seems pretty clear that I may have to send a official
    > copy , I was wondering whether they might have seen the contents of my appication
    > before they posted my acknowledgement.
    >
    > All experts and those who have gone thru the proccess please clarify! Thanks Karl

Old Jul 21st 2002, 10:20 pm
John

Hi,

what if you're not a British? Do you request your own country's Counsil to send it to
Australia, or how does that work?

Thanks a million! John

[email protected] (Amos) wrote in
<[email protected] >:
    >Hi Karl,
    >
    >I also got exactly the same wording in my acknowledgement letter.
    >
    >I suspect this is a standard form. I attached the original IELTS results sheet with
    >my application too and still got this sentence in the letter.
    >
    >I called the British Council here in Tel-Aviv to ask about the procedure and cost so
    >I'll be prepared when the request for an office copy will arrive and the lady there
    >just asked me to fax her an address (which had to include the file number) and she
    >sent it directly for free the next day (I suppose she did, that's what she said
    >she'll do).
    >
    >At least where I did my IELTS, it was very important for her to know the date of my
    >exam, this is apparently their main means to find it, so I'd suggest you to keep a
    >record of this date around.
    >
    >I haven't heard from DIMIA since the acknowledgement letter, so I'm not sure if I
    >did the right thing (yet).
    >
    >Good luck with your application,
    >
    >--Amos

Old Jul 22nd 2002, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

Nina is an unknown quantity at this point

I got the same letter, so I arranged with the British Language centre in Amsterdam (where I did my IELTS) to forward an official copy to Adelaide. They did it within a week.

Good luck,
Nina
Old Jul 22nd 2002, 7:32 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

>I had already submitted the original IELTS test report with my
> application but the acknowledgement I recd says "YOU WILL BE
> REQUIRED TO SEND US AN OFFICIAL COPY OF THE IELTS TEST"

It's possible that they are asking for you to arrange with the IELTS test centre to have the test centre transmit your IELTS results directly to DIMIA, without your intervention.

Peter