Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help watching TV online with software called xxxxON or lik? I've forgotten the name

Help watching TV online with software called xxxxON or lik? I've forgotten the name

Old Jan 22nd 2010, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Help watching TV online with software called xxxxON or lik? I've forgotten the name

Chaps

I very recently used some software that was recommended on here for watching TV online - it had loads of channels, European mainly, as well as BBC and ITV and I used it to watch a few football matches.

Then I rebuilt my computer

And I'm damned if I can remember what it was called, now I have not written it down. It was red and black in colour, and every time it started it had a voice singing the brand name - like DreamON..... or something like that.

It was xxxON so another word that blended it in and I'm sure it was on this forum that it was recommended. Good stuff with decent quality too, totally free and not IP based so fine to use in Melbourne watching UK TV that was on at the moment. SO it was only live TV and not recorded.

Anyone help me out with what it was called - I want it back and it's bugging me too.

Thanks

Andy
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help watching TV online with software called xxxxON or lik? I've forgotten the n

Originally Posted by slipshot
Chaps

I very recently used some software that was recommended on here for watching TV online - it had loads of channels, European mainly, as well as BBC and ITV and I used it to watch a few football matches.

Then I rebuilt my computer

And I'm damned if I can remember what it was called, now I have not written it down. It was red and black in colour, and every time it started it had a voice singing the brand name - like DreamON..... or something like that.

It was xxxON so another word that blended it in and I'm sure it was on this forum that it was recommended. Good stuff with decent quality too, totally free and not IP based so fine to use in Melbourne watching UK TV that was on at the moment. SO it was only live TV and not recorded.

Anyone help me out with what it was called - I want it back and it's bugging me too.

Thanks

Andy
I know what it is - FilmOn! Hahahahaha
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice
Default Re: Help watching TV online with software called xxxxON or lik? I've forgotten the n

I know what it is - FilmOn! Hahahahaha
yes filmon HDI player
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

kimandken will become famous soon enoughkimandken will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by billymacker
yes filmon HDI player
Hi, can any1 please tell me how this works?

I cant seem to work it out, i did dl it but nothing happens.

Kim
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kimandken
Hi, can any1 please tell me how this works?

I cant seem to work it out, i did dl it but nothing happens.

Kim
Once installed you 'may' need a restart but it normally comes up with a channel immediately.

When open you should have 2 boxes - the left is the viewing box, the right is the list of channels. By default, my opens into Pay per view 1 channel. But you need the right box and then click on BBC1 or ITV and start on the LO buttong for the low res.

I have a 8meg speed on my laptop and while the high is great, it does stop every now and then to buffer. Low res never does this and works fine.

But it all depends if you have the two boxes and the speed of your net connection. Trying ITV now and working fine.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

2plus3 will become famous soon enough

Once installed you 'may' need a restart but it normally comes up with a channel immediately.

When open you should have 2 boxes - the left is the viewing box, the right is the list of channels. By default, my opens into Pay per view 1 channel. But you need the right box and then click on BBC1 or ITV and start on the LO buttong for the low res.

I have a 8meg speed on my laptop and while the high is great, it does stop every now and then to buffer. Low res never does this and works fine.

But it all depends if you have the two boxes and the speed of your net connection. Trying ITV now and working fine.
What a great free download - thanks for sharing.

Can you watch these channels in Aus or only in the UK?

Kari
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2plus3
What a great free download - thanks for sharing.

Can you watch these channels in Aus or only in the UK?

Kari
Just watched the entire Spurs v Leeds match this morning here in Melbourne and while it dropped out quite a few times, it was generally fine. You just need a decent net connection and good speed for the low res one. But it all works as is currently free...
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

ExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really nice

Hi, This sounds like a great site. I downloaded it and followed all the instructions but nothing seems to happen. I have all the icons, I have clicked on the Lo setting and I get the spinning globe but then no tv - does anyone have any idea where I might have gone wrong? I'm not sure what my internet speed is but I don't usually have any problems and watch plenty of youtube etc. Any help appreciated.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light

Just downloaded it and gave it a go. Great application! So my mornings with Sky News don't have to end when I come over!

Not sure how legal this application is though. I'm sure the BBC have not given permission for thier channels to be streamed internationally for free.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light

My Service is now not working. I think you need to subscribe.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 77hil
My Service is now not working. I think you need to subscribe.
You need to register but this is free. Just need a username and password and ensure it is set up in the actual software if you registered on line. Then it works fine and for free. I've not paid at all.

As for the legality? Who knows. It's there and it's working...
Old Jan 24th 2010, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

I've passed this link to a couple of expat friends in Aus but they cannot get it to work - would it be anything to do with hardware i.e. wont work on a pc/laptop not bought in the UK??

Kari
Old Jan 24th 2010, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2plus3
I've passed this link to a couple of expat friends in Aus but they cannot get it to work - would it be anything to do with hardware i.e. wont work on a pc/laptop not bought in the UK??

Kari
Nothing to do with hardware - and as proof, both my laptop and desktop are UK purchased and it works fine. One is running Win 7, the other Vista and it's good.

I've just tried it now and it's not working so maybe their systems are down - try tomorrow after the people have come back to their office and reset the system.

You need to ensure you are registered. If not sure, run FilmOn, click on Help and then register for free. Then change preferences (View, Preferences) to sign in automatically.

But it does seem to be down at the moment hence your trouble.

A
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Nothing to do with hardware - and as proof, both my laptop and desktop are UK purchased and it works fine. One is running Win 7, the other Vista and it's good.

I've just tried it now and it's not working so maybe their systems are down - try tomorrow after the people have come back to their office and reset the system.

You need to ensure you are registered. If not sure, run FilmOn, click on Help and then register for free. Then change preferences (View, Preferences) to sign in automatically.

But it does seem to be down at the moment hence your trouble.

A
I think the problem could be that they have Aus bought PCs?
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

PC's country of origin should make no difference.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.