Runcorn anyone?

Old Jul 13th 2013, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Runcorn anyone?

Well I will be honest and say I know nothing about Runcorn and would generalize and say don't think much of it. Does anyone know anything about the place or ever lived there? Reason - job possibility but not sure it is one I want as would time me down alot. No major decisions being made until I am back in UK.
Old Jul 13th 2013, 3:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Runcorn anyone?

Originally Posted by fulwood
Well I will be honest and say I know nothing about Runcorn and would generalize and say don't think much of it. Does anyone know anything about the place or ever lived there? Reason - job possibility but not sure it is one I want as would time me down alot. No major decisions being made until I am back in UK.
My husband was born and bred in old town Runcorn...his extended family still live there. What exactly do you want to know?
Old Jul 13th 2013, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Just what is it like, city, any historical features, housing, just as a place to live. is it near countryside?
Old Jul 13th 2013, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

Download a few episodes of "Two Pints of Lager"
Old Jul 13th 2013, 11:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Just what is it like, city, any historical features, housing, just as a place to live. is it near countryside?

Let me put it like this...Runcorn has seen better days...much better days. A few miles south will take you to Frodsham and surrounding villages and countryside. To the west of Frodsham is Chester...to the east Northwich, Knutsford. Very nice towns and beautiful countryside but property will be more expensive than Runcorn.
Old Jul 13th 2013, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

holly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond repute

Good general area to live if you plan to drive to work, I would not consider it otherwise. You will want to live South of the Mersey though to avoid rush hour jams on the bridge.
Nearby Wirral was voted the fourth best place in UK to raise a family and is relatively inexpensive as Britain goes.
Old Jul 13th 2013, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

ElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really nice

Originally Posted by holly_1948
Nearby Wirral was voted the fourth best place in UK to raise a family and is relatively inexpensive as Britain goes.
OOOh I didn't know that It's where I'm from and heading back to next Saturday
Old Jul 13th 2013, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

ElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really nice

I have passed through Runcorn but don't really know a lot about it, but as Jerseygirl said, the surrounding areas are very nice and some of them verrrry expensive and exclusive to live in.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Let me put it like this...Runcorn has seen better days...much better days. A few miles south will take you to Frodsham and surrounding villages and countryside. To the west of Frodsham is Chester...to the east Northwich, Knutsford. Very nice towns and beautiful countryside but property will be more expensive than Runcorn.
Exceptionally good call. Runcorn is grim and the places mentioned are very nice perhaps Northwich the lesser so to be honest. One of the most toxic ex ICI sites in the world is a stones throw from Runcorn
Old Jul 14th 2013, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yep this job opportunity would pay exceedingly well and would be the guardian of currently 18 year old girl who was abused by her mother at young age. Think shook her or threw her on the floor. She has a trust which is well funded and the person who has been caring for her is getting older and wanting to look to the future for this child. She is not expected to live beyond 30 but we all know how that goes when doctors tell us how long we have to live. The person who takes care of her has brother in US who I am friends with. He mentioned me to family and they want me to visit next year and see if I want to do it. I have lots of concerns and questions but living in Runcorn is likely the deal breaker.. We shall see..
Old Jul 14th 2013, 6:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Yep this job opportunity would pay exceedingly well and would be the guardian of currently 18 year old girl who was abused by her mother at young age. Think shook her or threw her on the floor. She has a trust which is well funded and the person who has been caring for her is getting older and wanting to look to the future for this child. She is not expected to live beyond 30 but we all know how that goes when doctors tell us how long we have to live. The person who takes care of her has brother in US who I am friends with. He mentioned me to family and they want me to visit next year and see if I want to do it. I have lots of concerns and questions but living in Runcorn is likely the deal breaker.. We shall see..
Runcorn is a post industrial town. It is made up of the new town and the old town. The old town centre is run down...my husband's family have lived in the old town for generations. The new town...built in the 70's to accommodate the overspill from Liverpool. Would I live there...no. Would my husband go back to live there...certainly not...his words not mine.

Liverpool is about 20 miles away...has recently seen a rise in popularity. According to my husband it also has the greatest football team in the world. Widnes and Warrington are Runcorn's neighbouring towns...both have been transformed in the last 20 to 30 years. A 30 minute drive and you're in Delamere Forest...surrounded by lovely countryside, pubs, villages etc. A 10 minute drive and you're in Frodsham...a lovely market town. 30 mins from Manchester Airport...Liverpool airport is even closer.

If you PM me the road name I will be able to give you more details.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jul 14th 2013 at 6:09 pm.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jerseygirl let me ask my friend's husband for address.. Thanks for all your input..
Old Jul 15th 2013, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

yozzernz is an unknown quantity at this point

It's lovely, try looking at places like Palacefields and Windmill Hill.......
Old Jul 15th 2013, 12:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by yozzernz
It's lovely, try looking at places like Palacefields and Windmill Hill.......
Old Jul 15th 2013, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

yozzernz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yeah I'm kiddin', some nearby places like Frodsham and Old Runcorn are lovely though as others have said

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.