Help with I 751 Please!!!

Old Oct 10th 2011, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

viki08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Help with I 751 Please!!!

Hi to all

I really need help with filing I751. My conditional green card will expire this December.

I have some questions about the documents that need to be sended. I read on their page what is essential with this form but some stuffs are not so clear.

I will appreciate if somebody from you here will tell me if is enaf what we have, or do we need something more?

I'm panicking since the first interview was very hard and the lawyer that i had mess up my documents at that time.

So far we have

1. Copy of my green card

2. My husband's birth certificate

3. Marriage licence

4. Copy of the rent Lise on both names

5. Copy of joint bank account - both names

6. I add him on my credit card when we got married and i got a letter from the bank that he is authorized user (no date since when unfortunately)

7. Copy of the car insurance - both names

8. cable and internet bill - both names

9. electricity bill (just my name)

10. tax return for 2009 and 2010, filed jointly, married

11. copy of the check for the return from IRS on both names

12 Letters from friends

We didn't travel, insteed we decided to put those money for education. He still didn't finish but i finish for medical assistant.

Q. Is it ok to send a copy of my diploma?

Q. How many bank statements do we need to send them?

Q. How many bill statements do they need?

I really don't know about those things. We are living in this house for three years now, so all of them??!!!

And i read that it's your responsibility to pay attention on the date and time, when and where to file the form, but actually i got a letter from USCIS like a reminder to file for removing of the conditions on my green card.

Is this normal?

Some people say that they didn't get nothing like that!

Thanks!!!!
Old Oct 10th 2011, 8:33 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with I 751 Please!!!

Originally Posted by viki08
2. My husband's birth certificate
3. Marriage licence
9. electricity bill (just my name)
12 Letters from friends
These items are not needed.

Not needed.

I'm not sure what immigration route you took, so it's hard to say. But the evidence should cover the time you've been together in the USA since he started his immigration journey, focusing especially on the most recent 2 years. USCIS is looking for longevity and consistency in your life together, in addition to making sure you are STILL together in a bonafide marriage.

For example, I included joint bank statements and joint utility bills from each quarter since my fiance had entered the USA on his K-1 visa. I included a few more of the most recent months.

And i read that it's your responsibility to pay attention on the date and time, when and where to file the form, but actually i got a letter from USCIS like a reminder to file for removing of the conditions on my green card.

Is this normal?
Some people get the reminder from USCIS, some don't.

Rene
Old Oct 10th 2011, 9:48 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

1. Copy of my green card
4. Copy of the rent Lise on both names
5. Copy of joint bank account - both names
6. I add him on my credit card when we got married and i got a letter from the bank that he is authorized user (no date since when unfortunately)
7. Copy of the car insurance - both names
8. cable and internet bill - both names
10. tax return for 2009 and 2010, filed jointly, married
11. copy of the check for the return from IRS on both names
This stuff is good... the other stuff doesn't matter. Do you have a life insurance policy with each other as beneficiary? What about health insurance with both names?

Ian
Old Oct 11th 2011, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Rene and Ian for your responds.

To Rene:

I know that everybody say for letters from friends (affidavit of support) is not strong evidence, but it's ok to have it right?

Especially that last time at the interview the officer ask for it and we didn't have it. They return as for them and the mess from the lawyer. After sending them for 2 weeks i get my green card.

To Ian:

Unfortunately we don't have (thanks god that nothing didn't happened so far). My employer promises health benefits after 6 mounts but nothing of that and we totally forgot on it, (since we don't need it).

We did had family plan for cell phones from before and almost a year after the marriage. Since the contract ended we discontinue them. Is it ok to send those bills even they are ungoing now?

Or i still keep the present from my husband from last Christmas (gift card with beautiful message on it ) To send a copy of that?

Birth day cards, Christmas cards from my mother in law, and sister in law?

I'm still thinking about photos.

Do we really need to send some?

Thanks guys for your time !

Viki
Old Oct 11th 2011, 7:53 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I know that everybody say for letters from friends (affidavit of support) is not strong evidence, but it's ok to have it right?
Yes.

We did had family plan for cell phones from before and almost a year after the marriage. Since the contract ended we discontinue them. Is it ok to send those bills even they are ungoing now?
Sounds like you have enough other evidence, you probably don't need to send bills from something that no longer exists.

Or i still keep the present from my husband from last Christmas (gift card with beautiful message on it ) To send a copy of that?
If you want to send a photocopy of that, you can, but it's not required.

Birth day cards, Christmas cards from my mother in law, and sister in law?
Your choice. Not required, but if you want to include a photocopy of them, you can.

I'm still thinking about photos.

Do we really need to send some?
Not if you don't want to, no.

Rene
Old Oct 11th 2011, 10:44 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

More important, your PR status will expire if you don't file your I-751 on time. (Once conditions are removed, your PR status will not expire even if your green card does.)
I really need help with filing I751. My conditional green card will expire this December.

Yes, but it's not relevant.

None, bank statements are not required, but if they are helpful to your case then include some. My wife sent 2, the first one and the latest one.

None, bill statements are not required, but if they are helpful to your case then include some. My wife did not send any.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Jeffreyhy

I was waiting for the transcript of our tax return for 2009. Finaly i got it yesturday.

Now i'm filing ready to submit my application some day camming week

Here is the list of the documents that i'm planing to send:

1. Cover letter listing all the evidence

2. Form I751

3. Coppy of my green card, front and back

4. Money order for $590 ($505 for application and $85 biometric fee)

Evidence for supporting our rilationship

1. Marriage license

2. Lise agriment on both names

3. Bank statement for our joint chacking/saving accound, support by letter from the bank

4. Bank statement for joint CC, letter from the bank stating that my husbend is autorized user

5. Transcript of tax returne for 2009, filed jointly

6. Tax return for 2010, filed jointly

7. Copy of the check from IRS for our return

8. Joint cable and internet bill for 2009, 2010, 2011

9. Electric bill Just on my name

10. Car insurance on both names for 2010, 2011

11. Affidavit of support - letters from 3 friends

I know that every case is diferent story, but how this sound to you guys?

And somethig else to get it clear:

Q. Since 2009 tax return is transcript, do i need to put all papers for 2010 or just form 1040.

Thay were prepered at Jackson Hewitt.

Q. For the CC, since the ststement is camming just on my neme i will include just the last mounth, but will supported with a letter from the bank and copy of the cards. Is that ok?

Q. Same for the cable bill. I copy all of them, (thay a lot of paper ), so i deceide to put the initial contract signet at 2009 and some of the first and last bills.

Is this seem ok?

I made a copy of some gift cards and christmes cards, but this is on hold. If my list is good enaf this will stay. I realy don't lake to send my personal stuff.

Is my thinking ok or !!???
Patiently waiting for your replys!!
Old Oct 16th 2011, 5:39 pm

1. Marriage license
7. Copy of the check from IRS for our return
9. Electric bill Just on my name
11. Affidavit of support - letters from 3 friends
The above items are not necessary.

Q. Since 2009 tax return is transcript, do i need to put all papers for 2010 or just form 1040.
If you are submitting a photocopy of the tax return (not transcript), you need a copy of the COMPLETE tax return, not just the 1040.

Q. For the CC, since the ststement is camming just on my neme i will include just the last mounth, but will supported with a letter from the bank and copy of the cards. Is that ok?
If something is coming to just your name, don't bother including that. Just include evidence that comes to both your names.

[quote]Q. Same for the cable bill. I copy all of them, (thay a lot of paper ), so i deceide to put the initial contract signet at 2009 and some of the first and last bills.[quote]
Same advice. If something is coming only to your name, don't include that. Try to include evidence that comes to both your names, or shows your joint life together.

I made a copy of some gift cards and christmes cards, but this is on hold. If my list is good enaf this will stay. I realy don't lake to send my personal stuff.
You don't have to send these if your other evidence is good enough.

Rene
Old Oct 16th 2011, 6:23 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

General comment:

The only purpose of a joint petition is to show that the couple established a life together. That is it, nothing more. As a general rule, a couple will leave a paper trail behind them in everyday living.

Anything else is surplus. The couple need not show a good life together -- the quality of life is of no interest to the CIS people.

For example -- tax returns are not submitted to show income, but for the fact that the couple have either filed jointly or have "married filing separately." [Separate tax returns are OK as long as not filed as "single."]

Lets say a joint credit card account is sent out in one name -- provide photocopies of both cards and then the first page of the statements.

Most policies of automobile insurance name the listed drivers. I just looked at the confirmation card required under California law and has both our names on it as insured.

Surprisingly, most couples will not have any problem in documenting their life together.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute

Just as a personal experience of our recent I-751 approval--

I included only the first page of the tax transcripts because they are interested in filing status, not income. Same with bank statements. The first page showed dates and both names, so I didn't think they needed to see every transaction. I wanted to cut out the extra bulk of unneeded pages.( I have this silly theory that a guy has a stack of files to work on. If he sees one 3 inches thick, he'll think "oh gawd, I don't want to dive into that huge thing right now. I'll pick this simple small one that I can whiz through easily. I'll do the big one later..tomorrow...next week.")

I photocopied the credit cards, one in each name, showing the same account number since the statements don't show both names. I sent no statements.

I copied both driver's licenses showing we live at the same address.

It was approved with no requests for further documentation (like the whole tax return or bank statement) so I guess it was enough to send just the first page of most things.

Last edited by Moxie; Oct 16th 2011 at 8:54 pm.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 9:14 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moxie
Just as a personal experience of our recent I-751 approval--

I included only the first page of the tax transcripts because they are interested in filing status, not income. Same with bank statements. The first page showed dates and both names, so I didn't think they needed to see every transaction. I wanted to cut out the extra bulk of unneeded pages.( I have this silly theory that a guy has a stack of files to work on. If he sees one 3 inches thick, he'll think "oh gawd, I don't want to dive into that huge thing right now. I'll pick this simple small one that I can whiz through easily. I'll do the big one later..tomorrow...next week.")

I photocopied the credit cards, one in each name, showing the same account number since the statements don't show both names. I sent no statements.

I copied both driver's licenses showing we live at the same address.

It was approved with no requests for further documentation (like the whole tax return or bank statement) so I guess it was enough to send just the first page of most things.
Good post.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 12:49 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Here is the list of the documents that i'm planing to send:
A week ago, we suggested that some of this stuff isn't necessary. I'm curious as to why you want to send stuff that doesn't help you at all?

Ian
Old Oct 17th 2011, 1:00 pm
BE Commentator

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
A week ago, we suggested that some of this stuff isn't necessary. I'm curious as to why you want to send stuff that doesn't help you at all?

Ian
Paul Simon wrote:

"The trouble is all inside your head she said to me. The answer is easy if you take it logically. I'd like to help you in your struggle to be free."

"Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest."