NOA1 to NOA2 - your experiences?

Old Apr 13th 2010, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

BenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really nice
Default NOA1 to NOA2 - your experiences?

Hi all!
My fiancee just got NOA1 in the post
Checking the processing time it is apparently bang-on 5 months... however these include RFE's I guess (?) and so 'smooth sailers' go quicker (? again)...
Obviously we are keen for it all to fly through! But being realistic, which sadly we have to be, anyone care to share their durations & experiences so we can get a better idea of well prepped submission packs?
Old Apr 13th 2010, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: NOA1 to NOA2 - your experiences?

Hi Ben - here's my info...

I-129F posted 14th July 2009
NOA1 - 22nd July 2009
NOA2 - 30th September 2009
Packet 3 - 4th November 2009
Old Apr 13th 2010, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

BenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really nice

Thanks again JeepGirl! :-)
yours was quick! did you prep the I129F pack yourself?
Old Apr 13th 2010, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BenFrancis
Thanks again JeepGirl! :-)
yours was quick! did you prep the I129F pack yourself?
Yes we did the whole process ourselves. Our NOA2 did arrive quite quickly.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeepgirluk
Yes we did the whole process ourselves. Our NOA2 did arrive quite quickly.
I hope we are as blessed as you! I did quadruple check everything, organised etc.... fingers crossed!
Old May 20th 2010, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Just bumping this one back up - Me and USC are in the wait the receipt of I-129f to approval... anyone else got any recent timeline input?
TIA! :-)

Last edited by BenFrancis; May 20th 2010 at 5:09 pm. Reason: left quote in, dummy ;-) hehe
Old May 20th 2010, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just bumping this one back up - Me and USC are in the wait the receipt of I-129f to approval... anyone else got any recent timeline input?
TIA! :-)
It's been about 5 or 6 weeks since NOA1... you have a little while yet.
Old May 20th 2010, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeepgirluk
It's been about 5 or 6 weeks since NOA1... you have a little while yet.
Hello again :-)
yeah, that's what I'm reading... the average that I can work out based on what I have found so far is 14 weeks, so yep not even half-way yet!!
...back to pacing up and down... ;-)
Old May 20th 2010, 6:38 pm
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

Hello again :-)
yeah, that's what I'm reading... the average that I can work out based on what I have found so far is 14 weeks, so yep not even half-way yet!!
...back to pacing up and down... ;-)
Patience is a virtue in this process. The one thing I learned (the hard way) when we were waiting on petition approval was that comparing our timeline to others was the WORST thing I could have done. Not only is it truly futile, but it stresses you out worse than it would if you just went with a ballpark idea and were content to let it come when it came.
Old May 20th 2010, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

NashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TracyTN
Patience is a virtue in this process. The one thing I learned (the hard way) when we were waiting on petition approval was that comparing our timeline to others was the WORST thing I could have done. Not only is it truly futile, but it stresses you out worse than it would if you just went with a ballpark idea and were content to let it come when it came.

I-129F posted: 20th January 2010
NOA1: 28th January 2010
NOA2: 18th May 2010

We called the USCIS to find out why it was taking so long, we expected a couple of months tops. Seems like they are pretty busy with the problems in Haiti. They told us that they were still within the 5 months process time, and if it wasn't processed within that time scale, it would automatically go through. (but they did also say that ours was a clear cut case!)

It is worth a quick (30 minutes on hold) call to the USCIS after a couple of months, just to see if there is anything that you should be doing.

Just sit and wait, and make the most of where both of you are right now.

Hope this helps.
Old May 20th 2010, 7:33 pm
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wheretostart

I-129F posted: 20th January 2010
NOA1: 28th January 2010
NOA2: 18th May 2010

We called the USCIS to find out why it was taking so long, we expected a couple of months tops. Seems like they are pretty busy with the problems in Haiti. They told us that they were still within the 5 months process time, and if it wasn't processed within that time scale, it would automatically go through. (but they did also say that ours was a clear cut case!)

It is worth a quick (30 minutes on hold) call to the USCIS after a couple of months, just to see if there is anything that you should be doing.

Just sit and wait, and make the most of where both of you are right now.

Hope this helps.
I'm curious - what does the USCIS have to do with the situation in Haiti?
Old May 20th 2010, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

NashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud of

I am not 100% sure, but they mentioned it when we called.

It seemed that they were processing Haitian documents with urgency, and the rest of us had been put to the bottom of the pile, probably to do with the fact that there are now so many homeless people there.

Don't quote me on that, they didn't really expand, and I didn't feel it necessary to ask.
Old May 20th 2010, 8:18 pm
Instigator of the Post

I am not 100% sure, but they mentioned it when we called.

It seemed that they were processing Haitian documents with urgency, and the rest of us had been put to the bottom of the pile, probably to do with the fact that there are now so many homeless people there.

Don't quote me on that, they didn't really expand, and I didn't feel it necessary to ask.
Ah ok. Actually that does make sense once you mentioned it (can I claim pregnancy brain?
Old May 20th 2010, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Ah ok. Actually that does make sense once you mentioned it (can I claim pregnancy brain?
...only if you're pregnant.
Old May 20th 2010, 8:21 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I appreciate the sentiment, but there is nothing they can be doing. The file is sitting in a box waiting for its 15 minutes of fame. That's really all there is to it.

"As of April 9, USCIS had received approximately 44,500 TPS application packages"

They extended status & offered TPS to some Hatians already in the US.

Haitian Relief Measures: Questions and Answers

Special Humanitarian Parole Program for Haitian Orphans

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.