Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Registering your car in Nova Scotia

Registering your car in Nova Scotia

Old Apr 21st 2009, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Registering your car in Nova Scotia

Do i need to have my Nova Scotia Drivers licence before i can register the car i just bought?
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:04 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Registering your car in Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by Stu-pot
Do i need to have my Nova Scotia Drivers licence before i can register the car i just bought?
We registered ours without one, though that was over a year ago and that may have since changed. I am sure there was a thread about this very thing a while ago...I can't remember for the life of me who started it though...lol

Hope your settling in okay?
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:41 am
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stu-pot
no.

but they will need some sort of id, proof of insurance and the title.
rather like getting the tax disc renewed in the uk actually.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:47 am
BE Enthusiast

rach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud of

agree with wbexpat. I think passport/ bank card/ SIN card suffices as ID?

R
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:58 am
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rach_woz99
agree with wbexpat. I think passport/ bank card/ SIN card suffices as ID?

R
i brought the rolls royce of ids - the passport complete with WP.

actually im glad rach brought that up, i seem to recall you needing to have some kind of permanent status to qualify. or maybe i dreamed it. better safe than sorry.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Nicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to all

I registered my car while on a visitor visa (under hubby's work permit), passport and bank card. No SIN, no PR.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 2:14 am
Truro NS

Originally Posted by Nicola N-A
I registered my car while on a visitor visa (under hubby's work permit), passport and bank card. No SIN, no PR.
i must have imagined it. perhaps they were talking about it on the radio or something.
i do recall them having a shufty at my WP though. perhaps it was simple curiosity.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
We registered ours without one, though that was over a year ago and that may have since changed. I am sure there was a thread about this very thing a while ago...I can't remember for the life of me who started it though...lol

Hope your settling in okay?

is this the thread you were thinking of???
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...in+Nova+Scotia
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 10:52 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by val50
is this the thread you were thinking of???
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...in+Nova+Scotia
Oooh it was! You are a mind reader...what am I thinking about now?...
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Oooh it was! You are a mind reader...what am I thinking about now?...

oooh, that's nasty
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 11:06 am

oooh, that's nasty
lol I wasn't being mean! I was merely impressed as I couldn't for the life of me find that thread and didn't give any information on who wrote it...and you still found it!

Old Apr 23rd 2009, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

lol I wasn't being mean! I was merely impressed as I couldn't for the life of me find that thread and didn't give any information on who wrote it...and you still found it!

and I meant it was nasty what your were thinking lol
nice to know I haven't lost my touch for finding useful posts
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 3:12 pm

and I meant it was nasty what your were thinking lol
nice to know I haven't lost my touch for finding useful posts
LOl DOH! It was early....and I had only had a green tea, not coffee