Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Bring Your Own Sick Bag !!

Bring Your Own Sick Bag !!

Old Oct 18th 2008, 11:37 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of
Default Bring Your Own Sick Bag !!

During last week's heavy downpours I had the misfortune to fly out of Alicante during one storm... SCARY !!! I have flown many many times and that was the most frightening turbulence I've ever experienced !! Judging by the very loud and frequent screams from other passengers I would say that feeling was mutual.

I prayed a little, thought of who I love and if my will was up to date! It lasted about 20 minutes until we got high above the clouds. I was feeling really sick by this stage - and it then dawned on me that with probably 100's of flights under my belt that there was no sick bag!

Guess who I flew with ??? (clue: Irish Harp logo). As we were all confined to seat belts there was no way I could get something from my hand luggage or call a flight assistant !! SO it would have been sick all over me and the floor !! YUK

And just for the record 9 times out of ten on Ryanair there are no seat pouches for your magazines, bottles of water, books, spec's , etc. So you stupidly have to hold onto every thing.

We will be required to bring our own toilet paper as well !!
Old Oct 18th 2008, 12:00 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bring Your Own Sick Bag !!

Originally Posted by GrapeEater
During last week's heavy downpours I had the misfortune to fly out of Alicante during one storm... SCARY !!! I have flown many many times and that was the most frightening turbulence I've ever experienced !! Judging by the very loud and frequent screams from other passengers I would say that feeling was mutual.

I prayed a little, thought of who I love and if my will was up to date! It lasted about 20 minutes until we got high above the clouds. I was feeling really sick by this stage - and it then dawned on me that with probably 100's of flights under my belt that there was no sick bag!

Guess who I flew with ??? (clue: Irish Harp logo). As we were all confined to seat belts there was no way I could get something from my hand luggage or call a flight assistant !! SO it would have been sick all over me and the floor !! YUK

And just for the record 9 times out of ten on Ryanair there are no seat pouches for your magazines, bottles of water, books, spec's , etc. So you stupidly have to hold onto every thing.

We will be required to bring our own toilet paper as well !!
well at least you are ok.good job you didnt have dodgy ticker.The trouble with being sick on the floor in a confined space is that it could make some one else vomit and in turn other people vomit.so my advise if your flying would be to keep a plastic tesco bag in your pocket.
Old Oct 18th 2008, 1:15 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

I remember watching a documentry relating to the same airline involving interviews with various members of staff(faces hidden of course).

Two stewardesses told how they rarely had time to clean out the cabin before the next passengers came aboard.
On one occasion,when only half way through the cabin, they were just about to clean up a seat which was covered in puke when they were ordered out and had to leave it as loading was beginning.

The pilots also had sad stories to tell about poor pay and various unwritten, but obvious pressures they had to bear.
For instance if they didnt get the flight in on time or else make up lost time they would be in trouble.
Whilst the official line was always follow the flight plan,unofficially they had to do what was needed to make up time,including shortcuts when lining up for final approach.

Whist the Spanish motto is manyana,the staff of this airline were operating on a yesterday principle.
Old Oct 18th 2008, 9:32 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

I checked online and Ryanair are missing a trick I think. There is no "sick bag" option on the booking form !!! ...... YET !

or maybe they ain't thought of that yet?

Pshhh! Don't tell that O'leary bloke though.
Old Oct 18th 2008, 10:13 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:39 am.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 2:52 am
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
only you poshnbucks
jurdy
Old Oct 20th 2008, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Honest truth. Didn't think it would be possible, but you can be sick up your sleeve! (unless wearing short sleeves/a t-shirt) So there!
Old Oct 20th 2008, 7:52 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Honest truth. Didn't think it would be possible, but you can be sick up your sleeve! (unless wearing short sleeves/a t-shirt) So there!
WEIRD !!! Not something I'd try. And where did you get that little gem?
Old Oct 20th 2008, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Only the other week, a 7 year old came up to me with the proof up his sleeve! (Guess who had to do the cleaning up?) Wish I had a "Well, I don't believe it!" sticker to give to him!