Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Closest non-pretentious bar to Marina...

Closest non-pretentious bar to Marina...

Old Mar 25th 2012, 4:32 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Closest non-pretentious bar to Marina...

...but not in Marina. Quick, I need a drink.
Old Mar 25th 2012, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of
Default Re: Closest non-pretentious bar to Marina...

Nell Gwynnes at the Byblos?
Old Mar 25th 2012, 10:41 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robajob
Nell Gwynnes at the Byblos?
Hmm... pretentious, non. slighty Arsy, maybe. Loud unneeded band mais oui.
Old Mar 25th 2012, 11:11 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Hmm... pretentious, non. slighty Arsy, maybe. Loud unneeded band mais oui.
The band changed a few weeks ago. Any idea who is there now. Ps I loved the old band (my mate plays bass for them) they are now at the Music Rooms.

Its the only 'welsh bar' I have ever been in..not sure apart from the name, what was Welsh about it..
Old Mar 26th 2012, 2:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
...but not in Marina. Quick, I need a drink.
The Rose and Crown in Hastings........... they employ bouncers to throw people in........
Old Mar 27th 2012, 6:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Where did you end up?
Old Mar 27th 2012, 6:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by commander
The band changed a few weeks ago. Any idea who is there now. Ps I loved the old band (my mate plays bass for them) they are now at the Music Rooms.

Its the only 'welsh bar' I have ever been in..not sure apart from the name, what was Welsh about it..
The old band were decent but someone decided to have their amps set to maximum. That was just not needed.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

That band were stupidly loud.

McGettigan's in JLT?

The Underground ticks the non pretentious boxes...
Old Mar 27th 2012, 8:57 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Where did you end up?
Stayed in Thanks everyone for the suggestions, though. Will explore this weekend...