Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

457 too defacto with bridging visa A work limitation help

457 too defacto with bridging visa A work limitation help

Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

sammy123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457 too defacto with bridging visa A work limitation help

Hi there,

ALL VERY COMPLICATED I MIGHT ADD.Anyone can help i would appreciate it. I came over to oz with my ozzie partner and baby (who is now a citizen) only me thats not) on a 457. The reason for this is that the company i am working for would not offer any other visa. so for quickness and hassle plus i really wanted too work for them we accepted that we couldnt get another visa and just went for 457. Since then and doing heaps of research i realised we could so I have now put in my defacto 2 weeks ago and have been given a bridging visa with a 8107 work limitation on it. Saying you must not change employer or occupation without the permission in writing of the secretary. Would this be easy too do or not would they allow me to change has anyone done this before. When the spouse visa is granted do i need to keep working with the company who sponsored me on 457 or can i change. One last thing does anyone know what happens if i leave work before spouse visa is granted would i be allowed too do this. thank you not sure if anyone will have any idea what im going on about as im not sure i do thank u

Last edited by sammy123; Jan 29th 2010 at 3:01 am.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:23 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 457 too defacto with bridging visa A work limitation help

Originally Posted by sammy123
Hi there,

ALL VERY COMPLICATED I MIGHT ADD.Anyone can help i would appreciate it. I came over to oz with my ozzie partner and baby (who is now a citizen) only me thats not) on a 457. The reason for this is that the company i am working for would not offer any other visa. so for quickness and hassle we accepted. I have now put in my defacto 2 weeks ago and have been given a bridging visa with a 8107 work limitation on it. Saying you must not change employer or occupation without the permission in writing of the secretary. Would this be easy too do or not would they allow me to change has anyone done this before. When the spouse visa is granted do i need to keep working with the company who sponsored me on 457 or can i change. One last thing does anyone know what happens if i leave work before spouse visa is granted would i be allowed too do this. thank you not sure if anyone will have any idea what im going on about as im not sure i do thank u
Once your spouse visa is granted you can work for whoever you want.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

cool thank u
Old Jan 29th 2010, 8:48 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

ALL VERY COMPLICATED I MIGHT ADD.Anyone can help i would appreciate it. I came over to oz with my ozzie partner and baby (who is now a citizen) only me thats not) on a 457. The reason for this is that the company i am working for would not offer any other visa. so for quickness and hassle plus i really wanted too work for them we accepted that we couldnt get another visa and just went for 457.
Why did you not get a spouse visa before leaving, out of interest?
Old Jan 29th 2010, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Hi there

The reason i didnt get a spouse visa before was due too my employer quite complicated really. I had asked at interview what visa and told them my current situation they said well we will look into it. Then they came back with 457 and when asking why not spouse apparently they dont offer those types of visa and i cant say what i was told next it would horrify you because it did me. We just went along with it however since then called immigration and they told me i would be better applying for the spouse visa. just One of the reasons for this is the conditions of my contract are they could give me not less than but not more that two weeks notice of termination of my employment. (not that they are going too sack me of course i hope not anyway) where would that leave me 28 days too get out so here i am. Dont know if im overally happy with employer that is why i am asking about the 8107 work limitations etc just incase always like too be prepared.

Hope this helps too explain thank you
Old Jan 29th 2010, 10:29 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

The reason i didnt get a spouse visa before was due too my employer quite complicated really. I had asked at interview what visa and told them my current situation they said well we will look into it. Then they came back with 457 and when asking why not spouse apparently they dont offer those types of visa a

Employers don't "offer" spouse visas. Unclear why you expected that. You just do your own visa and then employer doesn't need to sponsor.

(there are circumstances where it is better for employer to sponsor, if eligible).
Old Jan 30th 2010, 12:10 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there

The reason i didnt get a spouse visa before was due too my employer quite complicated really. I had asked at interview what visa and told them my current situation they said well we will look into it. Then they came back with 457 and when asking why not spouse apparently they dont offer those types of visa and i cant say what i was told next it would horrify you because it did me. We just went along with it however since then called immigration and they told me i would be better applying for the spouse visa. just One of the reasons for this is the conditions of my contract are they could give me not less than but not more that two weeks notice of termination of my employment. (not that they are going too sack me of course i hope not anyway) where would that leave me 28 days too get out so here i am. Dont know if im overally happy with employer that is why i am asking about the 8107 work limitations etc just incase always like too be prepared.

Hope this helps too explain thank you
The problem with the spouse visa is that you can get sacked as well :-)

But I hope that wont happen, I know how that feels.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
Employers don't "offer" spouse visas. Unclear why you expected that. You just do your own visa and then employer doesn't need to sponsor.

(there are circumstances where it is better for employer to sponsor, if eligible).
Probably unclear because i dont really understand the world of immigration. Only go on what im told or read its a mind field as you well know. anyway thanks
Old Jan 30th 2010, 9:47 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Probably unclear because i dont really understand the world of immigration. Only go on what im told or read its a mind field as you well know. anyway thanks
If it's difficult for you to understand than I would strongly suggest you contact a MARA regisgtered migration agent who will be able to help you lodge your visa application and answer your questions about the restrictions on your present visa.