Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Renewing Spanish Residency

Renewing Spanish Residency

Old Nov 5th 2009, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

loraco48 will become famous soon enoughloraco48 will become famous soon enough
Smile Renewing Spanish Residency

How do we renew our Spanish residency, our five years are up early next year:Thanks
Old Nov 5th 2009, 12:40 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing Spanish Residency

If you have a card rather than a piece of paper you go to the nearest Local police, In your case that could be either Lugo or Monforte and renew there. No photos required.The new certificate is life long unless you move within Spain.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

loraco48 will become famous soon enoughloraco48 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
If you have a card rather than a piece of paper you go to the nearest Local police, In your case that could be either Lugo or Monforte and renew there. No photos required.The new certificate is life long unless you move within Spain.
Many thanks Ian.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: up the mountains,with the goats.,los filabres,almeria,spain.
michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

sounds too simple to me. i renewed my residencia a few months ago. my old one was the plastic bank-card type. i now have a lovely big bit of a4 paper which does the same job. what i had to do was fill in the relevent form for renewing on the internet, print it off then take one of the pages to my bank to pay the seven euros cost of renewing. the bank stamped the page and kept a copy.
took signed form plus stamped bank page plus photographs to office in almeria,waited ten minutes and hey presto,done. outside the almeria office is a place where you can get your a4 page downsized and laminated to look just like your old card.....
i went to almeria because i was told it was the only place near to me where i could get it done and we have a policia local and guarda civil office in our village. i cant remember if the photos were used but i think they were kept by the almeria office. hope this helps. ole.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 5:51 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting that you say you can get the bank to stamp the forms to say you have paid the "tasa".

Usually you need special form that you get from the office when you apply and then have to it get stamped before you can get back in the queue. If the local office will accept that it is a considerable improvement.

The photos are not required but that doesn't mean that ill informed civil servants will not ask for them and under those circumstances it is not a subject for discussion! They usually end up in the bin as they don't know what to do with them.

Whenever I am doing something that involves government departments I carry an envelope full of photos in every conceivable format and size and copies of every conceivable Spanish document plus copies of my passport and my grandmother's dog licence!!

Life is too short to argue the toss with them.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

You definitely have to pay the tax which at the present time is €10.00 at the Bank on Form 790 before you go to the Police Station taking with you your passport and NIE. Then as said you get the green A4 sheet there and then.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Maurice is an unknown quantity at this point

Can this form that you have to complete prior to paying the money into a bank (original/renewal form ) be downloaded from the net please????
Old Nov 6th 2009, 8:29 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Reading this it seems every area has something different to another, Like Fred suggest take every bit of paper you have, with photo copies.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 9:19 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maurice
Can this form that you have to complete prior to paying the money into a bank (original/renewal form ) be downloaded from the net please????
I got mine from the police station, but could not pay until the day before my appointment.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 7:41 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maurice
Yes, from here
http://www.mir.es/SGACAVT/modelos/ex...anje/ex_16.pdf
(prob in free beer!)
Old Nov 7th 2009, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

The payment form, Modelo 790, can be downloaded from here:

http://www.mjusticia.es/JusticiaWebF...d&locale=es_ES