Reload this Page >

Brits in Tucson

Brits in Tucson

Old Dec 24th 2008, 1:03 am
T_H
Banned

T_H is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brits in Tucson

I came across a closed thread about moving to Tucson while searching for something else and I must admit that it made me laugh. There was a British Club in Tucson a couple of years ago run by the Head of the International School and I was a member of the Club at the time. He tried to announce it in this forum, but his post was deleted by one of the moderators without explanation, and when he queried it was promptly abused and banned with no recourse by said moderator. The club had 80 members at one point. Tucson has an Oxford and Cambridge Club, several Irish / Scottish / Caledonian groups, a pipe band, a Daughters of the British Empire, couple of cricket clubs, mostly Asian and they play in Scottsdale, and half a dozen rugby clubs. The RAF comes to train every year and the University of Arizona has some kind of partnership with Manchester. Charlies used to show Six Nations, Lions tour and Tri-Nations but since they closed I don't know who is doing now. Funny how a couple of years ago Britsih Expats did not want to know about Tucson, but now it's ok. Perhaps that small-minded moderator has moved on.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brits in Tucson

Originally Posted by T_H
I came across a closed thread about moving to Tucson while searching for something else and I must admit that it made me laugh. There was a British Club in Tucson a couple of years ago run by the Head of the International School and I was a member of the Club at the time. He tried to announce it in this forum, but his post was deleted by one of the moderators without explanation, and when he queried it was promptly abused and banned with no recourse by said moderator. The club had 80 members at one point. Tucson has an Oxford and Cambridge Club, several Irish / Scottish / Caledonian groups, a pipe band, a Daughters of the British Empire, couple of cricket clubs, mostly Asian and they play in Scottsdale, and half a dozen rugby clubs. The RAF comes to train every year and the University of Arizona has some kind of partnership with Manchester. Charlies used to show Six Nations, Lions tour and Tri-Nations but since they closed I don't know who is doing now. Funny how a couple of years ago Britsih Expats did not want to know about Tucson, but now it's ok. Perhaps that small-minded moderator has moved on.
Then again maybe not.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 3:48 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brits in Tucson

Originally Posted by T_H
Apparently not as I am still here.

The person you are referring knows full well why they were banned and there was NO abuse. You however seem not to have taken the time to our read our site rules.

Thread Closed