NHS PENSION.

Old Sep 1st 2007, 11:03 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default NHS PENSION.

Anybody any advice regarding what to do with superann pension when moving to oz
Old Sep 1st 2007, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: NHS PENSION.

Nope but thats something I'm interested in too as I have 20 years service in nhs pension scheme. Am going to spend some time next week on the nhs pension agency website see if I can find some info they also have a forum so it might be worth doing a post on there.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 11:20 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for that will do a check on the forum.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Barney99 will become famous soon enoughBarney99 will become famous soon enough

I'm in the same boat. 24 years service to transfer, what have other nurses done when they moved abroad?

Andy
Old Sep 1st 2007, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

you can transfer your pension & it is supposed to be advisable from a tax point of view. i did speak to someone at an Expo last year & will try & dig out the info. Unfortunatel, house very chaotic due to decorating at the mo so may take a while!
Old Sep 1st 2007, 12:29 pm
FREE TIBET

Me thinks this boat is going to be full soon,got that titanic feeling coming on
Old Sep 1st 2007, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi I had 28 years service with NHS prior to coming to Oz. Did some research before leaving Scotland and if transferring the scheme you are transferring into has to be QROPS registered. There is plenty of info on the forum re this , worth searching for it.

Donna
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

All of the advice I was given was to leave it in the NHS...so I did.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Thats certailny the option that I am drawn to Paul, as I understand so far, cash based pension products are the ones that are liable for tax, however, I am trying to find out if a final salary pension scheme like the NHS superannuation scheme has the same tax liability on retirement

Andy
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:36 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulb
All of the advice I was given was to leave it in the NHS...so I did.
I've left mine in the nhs too.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

PaulB and SME, Who gave you the advice to leave it, was it and IFA or someone at the NHS scheme? What are the tax implications on retiral, will you get taxed on your pension if you are still living in Aus?

Many thanks,

Andy
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 10:11 am
FREE TIBET

Prob a stupid question but obviously the money is static while we are overseas,so how do you then get the money when you retire.Do you meet a dodgy character from the nhs in a carpark and handed a large cash filled envelope
Old Sep 5th 2007, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Prob a stupid question but obviously the money is static while we are overseas,so how do you then get the money when you retire.Do you meet a dodgy character from the nhs in a carpark and handed a large cash filled envelope
Hi.
Your NHS pension is not static, it does grow but not at the same rate as if you were making contributions. Mine has grown by a 25% since I`ve been in oz. Am currently in the process of bringing over into a QROPS recognized super fund. (Not using a company as they charge approx 3% of the transfer value to complete this relatively simple excercise. Big bonus is that you do not on retirement have to purchase an anunity like you do in the UK. You can access the entire amount (lump sum) tax free!!! Think of the compounding growth when you move sterling amount into $AUD fund!!!! Cheers Mandy.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 9:24 am
FREE TIBET

Mandy thats sounds great,now i just have to break it down a little to understand it all,how the **** did i ever make it as a nurse
Old Sep 5th 2007, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

TELLYADDICT1 is a jewel in the roughTELLYADDICT1 is a jewel in the roughTELLYADDICT1 is a jewel in the roughTELLYADDICT1 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Mandy&Cliff
Hi.
Your NHS pension is not static, it does grow but not at the same rate as if you were making contributions. Mine has grown by a 25% since I`ve been in oz. Am currently in the process of bringing over into a QROPS recognized super fund. (Not using a company as they charge approx 3% of the transfer value to complete this relatively simple excercise. Big bonus is that you do not on retirement have to purchase an anunity like you do in the UK. You can access the entire amount (lump sum) tax free!!! Think of the compounding growth when you move sterling amount into $AUD fund!!!! Cheers Mandy.
Brilliant, thanks.
TA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.