Yurts

Old May 1st 2012, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Mike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant future
Default Yurts

Thought it was about time to give Rural,Paul,Phil and all the other members a new challenge Now i know for a fact that Hungary has a history of Yurts,so has any body seen any in use on your trips out and about ? any photos would be great,really great would be if any forum members are living lightly in a yurt!I know of one Yurt maker in Hungary,and that they do not require planning permission there,as you will have guessed i am a big fan of yurts and we are hoping one day to have one here in Slo,when we find the right place to site it! All good wishes,for the holidays ,Mike.
Old May 2nd 2012, 9:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat0105 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Yurts

There's one in my village, in my "szer" in fact (only eight or so properties in my szer). I gather the resident is living there all year round.
Old May 2nd 2012, 12:07 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

There's a Wild West style camp on the road to Tapolca which has several. I looked at some in Portugal before but wouldn't relish living in one here during the winter
Old May 2nd 2012, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Mike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant future

IF set up properly off the ground and on a good base(double skinned with good thick insulation) and the right amount of felt between the outer and inner covers you would be as snug as a bug in a rug,a lot warmer and less drafts than most house's!
Old May 8th 2012, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Well its very quiet on the Hungarian forum,can only hope everyone is out looking for yurts,we are looking forward to the photos!
Old May 8th 2012, 8:01 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mike and Janet
Thought it was about time to give Rural,Paul,Phil and all the other members a new challenge Now i know for a fact that Hungary has a history of Yurts,so has any body seen any in use on your trips out and about ? any photos would be great,really great would be if any forum members are living lightly in a yurt!I know of one Yurt maker in Hungary,and that they do not require planning permission there,as you will have guessed i am a big fan of yurts and we are hoping one day to have one here in Slo,when we find the right place to site it! All good wishes,for the holidays ,Mike.
Yurts are actually popular at Oregon USA state parks. Rented out well in advance.
Old May 8th 2012, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Good to know,should we ever find ourselves in Oregon!Greetings,from a very warm and sunny Slovenia.
Old May 13th 2012, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps I should look into starting yak breeding?
Old May 13th 2012, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

There are some very fine ones( Yaks that is) for sale in Austria! Thought someone would have found me some Yurts to look at by now.
Old May 17th 2012, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

Zalacsanybrits is an unknown quantity at this point

Just looked on line and found there is meant to be one for rent in my village of Zalacsany. No idea where about's it is though
Old May 17th 2012, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Well i thought you had all gone quiet on me,so perhaps i will get to see some photos yet!It would be interesting to know how far west they were used,may be only on the great plain by herders? a shame that they never,as far i as know made it over the border to us here in Slo,though having said that in the village of Vogričevci where we first lived it is said that Atilla had his camp there when they raided to the west,so perhaps they may have used something similar,who knows?
Old May 17th 2012, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday I visited a farm in a village called Döröske, about 100 km north of my place. They were just preparing a patch of ground ready to erect a yurt so it might be up by now! They are hosts on the Wwoof organic farm volunteer site and use the yurt as overspill accommodation for volunteers in the summer. I can send you the address etc by PM if you wish.
Old May 17th 2012, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Hello,

I too am really interested in a Yurt. Being a 'host' to a programme similar to Woofing (HelpX) it would be ideal.

Many thanks
Old May 24th 2012, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, only just checked this topic.
There's a guy in Sirok with a small guest house who also has 2 yurts that he rents out . We bought our house from his son and he's a really nice guy. He caters for horse riders and bikers passing through, among others. The yurts aren't used all year though; he puts them up in early spring and takes them down for winter.
Here's his web details and also an extra photo:
http://siroktour.lapunk.hu/?modul=oldal&tartalom=387187
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/64755536
Old May 24th 2012, 9:14 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mike and Janet
Good to know,should we ever find ourselves in Oregon!Greetings,from a very warm and sunny Slovenia.
I really should pay closer attention