Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

How was your stay in Goa!

How was your stay in Goa!

Old Apr 20th 2012, 3:43 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Cool How was your stay in Goa!

How was your stay in Goa this season?
Old Apr 20th 2012, 3:50 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How was your stay in Goa!

I had to miss my winter in Goa this season and boy did I miss it if only for the weather !!
But hey next season will hopefully mean a longer stay.

Dread - x
Old Apr 20th 2012, 5:48 am
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice

Goa is not as good as it once was, prices (not always good value), Goans getting more and more greedy, Russians everywhere, Many more Costa Del Sol like tourists (spoiling most things), but i still enjoyed the season, already looking at flights for next season, 2 more years on my visa, fixed my rent for 2 more years, then who knows??,, where next??.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

We had a very short stay this trip, but enjoyed ourselves. Didn't really notice much difference from earlier in the year.

Met some nice people (including Russians, one family with the most adorable children, boys a 3 yr old and 1yr twins they were from Eastern Russia.)

Stayed 5 days in Alila Diwa hotel, the buffet breakfast was the best I have ever seen anywhere !!
Old Apr 20th 2012, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

willb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nice

We were there Jan/Feb. Prices have gone up, Resturaunt staff. Beach Shack staff all looked a bit fed up & not very happy. Lots of Russians there, and i believe they don't tip. So maybe that's why they all looked a bit pissed of.

We stayed in Betil Bati, and trying to find somewhere to rent for a couple of months was NOT easy. Yes lot's of places to rent, but now asking 20/35.000 Rupes a month. We went to look at an apartment in Zen Gardens Benaulim, they wanted 20.000 a month for what was really a bedsit. Just one room with a fold up bed and a kitchen. We lived in Zen Gardens in a lovely fully furnished row house, for only 16.000 Rupes a month. This was only a couple of years ago.

Other places we looked at also 25/30.000 Rupes a month, some were a disgrace, one place we looked at, there was a big massive cardboard Box full of rubbish behind the front door, beds not made kitchen full of unwashed pots and pans, C'Mon if you want to rent, clean the place up a bit. and some had no furniture at all. So it looks as if the Goans are looking to renters for their income now.

One Tuc Tuc driver wanted 600 Rupes from Margoa train station to Colva. He was told to "Go Forth & Multiply" Still we had a good time, and missing the food & the weather a lot.

Would we go back. Well
Old Apr 21st 2012, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

SteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to behold

Come on Willb, be fair, even 30,000 rupees is only 360 pounds a month and as with everywhere you get what you pay for. You make comparisons with rents of two years ago; look at the way property prices have escalated over the last two years, surely the owners have a right to a return on there investment?
Sometimes reading this forum reminds me of those TV comedy sketches that start with 'When I was a lad'! Why is it that every one expects a top return on there own investments but resents others a return on there's? Oh well, now when I was a lad..........................
Old Apr 21st 2012, 3:42 pm
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice

Originally Posted by SteveKingswear
Come on Willb, be fair, even 30,000 rupees is only 360 pounds a month and as with everywhere you get what you pay for. You make comparisons with rents of two years ago; look at the way property prices have escalated over the last two years, surely the owners have a right to a return on there investment?
Sometimes reading this forum reminds me of those TV comedy sketches that start with 'When I was a lad'! Why is it that every one expects a top return on there own investments but resents others a return on there's? Oh well, now when I was a lad..........................
I too think 360 pounds is far too much, after all its still India, the flats are rarely clean, what in India is clean?, a furnished flat is a worn out old bed, 20years old, pillows that stink of the monsoon, 2 plastic chairs and a plastic table, a fridge so filthy you need to spend hours cleaning before you can use it. Normally badly in need of a paint job. You mostly need to buy tins of bug spray to keep the livestock down.
Go to Thailand and see what you can rent for less money, far, far cleaner and better value. I almost forgot what in the way of utensils??, ok ask the money give something back in return.
No the Goans now see us as walking ATMs. Flame me all you want, this is what i see and know.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 5:02 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevebenaulim
I too think 360 pounds is far too much, after all its still India, the flats are rarely clean, what in India is clean?, a furnished flat is a worn out old bed, 20years old, pillows that stink of the monsoon, 2 plastic chairs and a plastic table, a fridge so filthy you need to spend hours cleaning before you can use it. Normally badly in need of a paint job. You mostly need to buy tins of bug spray to keep the livestock down.
Go to Thailand and see what you can rent for less money, far, far cleaner and better value. I almost forgot what in the way of utensils??, ok ask the money give something back in return.
No the Goans now see us as walking ATMs. Flame me all you want, this is what i see and know.
The expats are asking up to £350 A WEEK for their 2 Bed Apartments, and they are getting it!
Old Apr 21st 2012, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

SteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to behold

Exactly Noni - I'm afraid it all smacks of colonialism and keeping the indigenous population ''in there place'' - In fact steveb's bi line is indicative of his view.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 9:09 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Not looking forward to renting next season !!!

Dread - x
Old Apr 21st 2012, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by noni
The expats are asking up to £350 A WEEK for their 2 Bed Apartments, and they are getting it!
!

AndyD 8-)#
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 4:20 am
Banned

Originally Posted by SteveKingswear
Exactly Noni - I'm afraid it all smacks of colonialism and keeping the indigenous population ''in there place'' - In fact steveb's bi line is indicative of his view.
Savages should know there place,,,lol.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 4:22 am
Banned

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Not looking forward to renting next season !!!

Dread - x
Dont worry too much, im sure old Goan hands like us, can still find a flat at a fair rate, just be prepared to clean the filth.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 4:46 am
Banned

Originally Posted by noni
I must admit ive never heard of £350 a week in Goa, but one thing i do know, if its rented by expats, it will be cleaner.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

For the sake of accuracy and it being a Sunday morning with little else to do, I just checked out the Holiday Rentals site for two bedroom apartments in Goa. The price range was from130-00 pounds for an inland apartment at Karaswada to 400-00 pounds for a stunning 150 sq metre place on Chorao Goa Island. A lot of the properties were 250-00 a week plus and 300-00 plus not uncommon. Yes I know its sad that I even bothered to look but like I said it is Sunday morning!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.