Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Changing my spanish plates back to UK plates

Changing my spanish plates back to UK plates

Old Oct 23rd 2010, 8:07 pm

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light
Default Changing my spanish plates back to UK plates

Hi

Does anyone know if I need to fill in any forms to change my car plates.

My car used to have UK plates which when we moved to Spain, we re-registered to spanish plates. Now we are back in the UK..can I just put the old plates back on?

Thanks
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 8:22 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing my spanish plates back to UK plates

Originally Posted by manamama
Hi

My car used to have UK plates which when we moved to Spain, we re-registered to spanish plates. Now we are back in the UK..can I just put the old plates back on?

Thanks
I dont think you can just put the plates back on, because the car will have been permanently exported, but I could be wrong.

I hope you are remembering to drive on the left and go round the roundabouts the opposite way, and dont be hogging the outside lane on roundabouts as in Spain, because it can land you in a whole lotta trouble.
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 9:07 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

No, you certainly cannot put the old UK plates back on.

You will have to go the process of re-registering your car onto UK plates.

It is actually a fairly simple process as the DVLA have all the original details of the car so that will make it easier.

I suggest you give them a call and get the details from them direct.

You will also need to de-register you car from the Spanish system or you will continue to get charged road tax by the local town hall.
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 9:15 pm
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

Thanks
You're having a laugh I've just had a look at the time of the post so I'm assuming you've been watching the X Factor and got bored!!!
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 9:29 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JnK
You're having a laugh I've just had a look at the time of the post so I'm assuming you've been watching the X Factor and got bored!!!
It must have been when that plonker Wagner was singing........

Grim, really grim.

What is he doing there?

He needs to be voted out this week, he really is a PAYASOL.

Last edited by JLFS; Oct 23rd 2010 at 9:32 pm.
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 9:32 pm

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fred James
No, you certainly cannot put the old UK plates back on.

You will have to go the process of re-registering your car onto UK plates.

It is actually a fairly simple process as the DVLA have all the original details of the car so that will make it easier.

I suggest you give them a call and get the details from them direct.

You will also need to de-register you car from the Spanish system or you will continue to get charged road tax by the local town hall.
Thanks...I will call them Monday and find out.
Good point about the de-registering - hadn't thought of that. I'll let them know too.
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by JnK

Yep during X Factor adverts !! Had to keep it short and sweet too.
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 9:37 pm
Banned

Yep during X Factor adverts !! Had to keep it short and sweet too.

But who is going to win, for me it is between Rebecca and Matt.
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 10:52 pm

My favourites too...Rebecca is great and a scouser and Matt is fab .

Probably the boys will win.

Wagner to go tomorrow.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 5:46 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

My favourites too...Rebecca is great and a scouser and Matt is fab .

Probably the boys will win.

Wagner to go tomorrow.
let's hope so

but I won't be able to watch it til Monday

SO DON"T TELL ME!!!!
Old Oct 24th 2010, 9:53 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

She called me in to watch that Wagner sing and I was too gobsmacked to pass any, sane comment. (Earlier, she wanted me to come in and watch Ann Widdicombe, but I refused).

About the car. You’ve got six months to re-register it in the UK, the DVLA makes it quite simple.

You should, of course, de-register the car in Spain, along with the Residencia, Padron, medical card and God knows what else. It’s impossible to do that from England, you would need to return to Spain, fill out all the forms, get back in the queues, pay over your money etc etc.

Nobody does it, because it’s almost impossible.

For the sake of your conscience, you could send registered letters, in Spanish, to all the people concerned. I’ve got no idea what they would do with such letters, but it may make you feel better and I would retain all copies.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 10:04 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

HBG is right - not many people bother with signing off all the various things but you should "baja" the car or you will be getting road tax bills for ever!.

These two links to the Trafico site show the paperwork needed and also the downloadable application form.

The alternative is to get a gestor to do it for you.

http://www.dgt.es/was6/portal/conten...eftraslado.pdf

http://www.dgt.es/was6/portal/conten...Castellano.pdf
Old Oct 24th 2010, 1:02 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by HBG
She called me in to watch that Wagner sing and I was too gobsmacked to pass any, sane comment. (Earlier, she wanted me to come in and watch Ann Widdicombe, but I refused).About the car. You’ve got six months to re-register it in the UK, the DVLA makes it quite simple.

You should, of course, de-register the car in Spain, along with the Residencia, Padron, medical card and God knows what else. It’s impossible to do that from England, you would need to return to Spain, fill out all the forms, get back in the queues, pay over your money etc etc.

Nobody does it, because it’s almost impossible.

For the sake of your conscience, you could send registered letters, in Spanish, to all the people concerned. I’ve got no idea what they would do with such letters, but it may make you feel better and I would retain all copies.
So we can take it that you are not knocked out by the style and grace of the Widd........
Old Oct 24th 2010, 1:08 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks
Yes you do, just one form ...... and you probably will get the same plates you had when you left the UK as I did. I've just gone through the process.

Go to your local DVLA office and tell them what you want to do. Give them your old registration number and they will check it for you. Because the car was already registered in the UK once its a relatively simple job. They will give you the forum to complete

You'll need to get the car taxed and insured before you go back to the DVLA to re register the car and I am told it will be done immediately. The MOT can either be done on the chassis number, or the reg no (check with dvla first to make sure the number is still ok)

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Oct 24th 2010 at 1:11 pm.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

porque no is an unknown quantity at this point

And the other posts.....?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.