Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Step Children In Dubai

Step Children In Dubai

Old Apr 17th 2011, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

Susannah1970 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Step Children In Dubai

My husband and I will be moving to Dubai over the next few months along with my two children from previous relationships. My eldest will be 18 by the time we move but my youngest will be 7. Will there be any problems getting residency visa's for the children and do I need to obtain permission from their biological fathers because I am not in touch with either of them.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 9:46 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Step Children In Dubai

http://ukinuae.fco.gov.uk/en/help-fo...ae/sponsorship
Old Apr 18th 2011, 6:35 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Susannah1970
My husband and I will be moving to Dubai over the next few months along with my two children from previous relationships. My eldest will be 18 by the time we move but my youngest will be 7. Will there be any problems getting residency visa's for the children and do I need to obtain permission from their biological fathers because I am not in touch with either of them.
yes you need to get permission from their biological Father's, I am not criticising but that might cause problems if you have two children from two different Father's. What sex is the eldest as you can only sponsor boys til they are 18.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 7:27 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

no one else has answered this?
Old Apr 18th 2011, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

I did suspect that I may need the permission of the biological father for the youngest child. This really puts a spanner in the works for us as he emigrated to Australia in 2008 without leaving a forwarding address and has not been in touch since.

Also my eldest will be 18 by the time we expected to move and will be wanting to continue with his studies. Who or how do we manage to get sponsorship for his residency?
Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

I did suspect that I may need the permission of the biological father for the youngest child. This really puts a spanner in the works for us as he emigrated to Australia in 2008 without leaving a forwarding address and has not been in touch since.

Also my eldest will be 18 by the time we expected to move and will be wanting to continue with his studies. Who or how do we manage to get sponsorship for his residency?
If he has a place at Uni then you are fine, it is only if they are not studying that it becomes a problem.

Stepchildren
If, for whatever reason, a declaration cannot be obtained from the biological Father, the UAE authorities will require evidence that the Mother has sole parental responsibility.
• The UAE authorities will require a declaration signed by the stepfather undertaking to support the child throughout the family’s residency in the UAE.

Last edited by Patsy Stoned; Apr 19th 2011 at 2:21 am.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 4:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Forgive me if it's a stupid question.......... but how would the authorities here know that he wasn't your current partner's child? Do you all have the same surname? Does the 7-year-old have his own passport?

I don't see the issue.............
Old Apr 19th 2011, 5:08 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by The Dean
Forgive me if it's a stupid question.......... but how would the authorities here know that he wasn't your current partner's child? Do you all have the same surname? Does the 7-year-old have his own passport?

birth certificate for visa?
Old Apr 19th 2011, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
birth certificate for visa?
My two were only required to submit passports........... we had to produce a marriage cert for Deanetta and me, and the four passports.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

It seems really hard to come and work and live in the UAE now.

Really pleased I arrived in '85 when no documents except a passport were required. Also no marriage certificate requested, no qualification validation etc!!
Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
If he has a place at Uni then you are fine, it is only if they are not studying that it becomes a problem.

Stepchildren
If, for whatever reason, a declaration cannot be obtained from the biological Father, the UAE authorities will require evidence that the Mother has sole parental responsibility.
• The UAE authorities will require a declaration signed by the stepfather undertaking to support the child throughout the family’s residency in the UAE.
Doesn't my 18 year old need residency in order to get a place at college/uni?

And I can not prove that I have sole parental responsibility, this again would need the biological fathers approval or I would have to seek permission from the courts system in the UK to do this. And all because he sauntered off to love with his new family in Australia!
Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The Dean

We don't all have the same surname, again this would require permission from the biological father to do so who, as I have previously stated, has gone to Australia to live without giving a forwarding address.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 3:12 pm
Concierge

you will need permission, 100% sure of it.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't my 18 year old need residency in order to get a place at college/uni?

And I can not prove that I have sole parental responsibility, this again would need the biological fathers approval or I would have to seek permission from the courts system in the UK to do this. And all because he sauntered off to love with his new family in Australia!
I would think by the mere fact that he has disappeared from your son's life is proof enough that you have sole parenting. An affidavit stating this would suffice I am sure. Your 18 year old just needs to apply to UNi/college and have an acceptance letter and then his step father can sponsor him. Might be worth a visit to the UAE embassy to talk it through with them.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 4:58 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
I would think by the mere fact that he has disappeared from your son's life is proof enough that you have sole parenting. An affidavit stating this would suffice I am sure. Your 18 year old just needs to apply to UNi/college and have an acceptance letter and then his step father can sponsor him. Might be worth a visit to the UAE embassy to talk it through with them.
as long as they have a no objection from the Father, honestly we went through this with my cousins little girl, took forever and she was female and only 10, nearly got booted from school because we couldn't get it sorted. Eventually tracked down the absent Father and got consent. As Patsy says check with the embassy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.