Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Moving to Dhahran to work for BAE. Any advice?

Moving to Dhahran to work for BAE. Any advice?

Old Aug 15th 2009, 11:25 pm
Just Joined

Bonam25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Dhahran to work for BAE. Any advice?

Hi, I've just accepted a position teaching English for BAE in Dhahran, and will start in December. Any information about living in Dhahran and/or working for BAE there would be really appreciated. I guess that I'd particularly like to know about life on the compound, Dhahran, and teaching for BAE.

Many thanks in advance,

Leigh.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 6:47 pm
Squirrely Wrath!

graham_s is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Dhahran to work for BAE. Any advice?

Originally Posted by Bonam25
Hi, I've just accepted a position teaching English for BAE in Dhahran, and will start in December. Any information about living in Dhahran and/or working for BAE there would be really appreciated. I guess that I'd particularly like to know about life on the compound, Dhahran, and teaching for BAE.

Many thanks in advance,

Leigh.
I'm in a similar position, I'm moving to Dharahn to start as a tech trainer.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

New purpose built compound will be ready in Jan, all mod cons.

Not far from the beach and the causeway, much better than Riyadh.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

Any information about life on a compound would be great! Is the food alright? Much of a social life? Are there many sporting activities going on?
Old Aug 20th 2009, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

There will be plenty of social life if the Riyadh one is anything to go by.

Will have gym, squash courts, tennis, basketball, swimming pools, rugby and football, there is both a PADI and BSAC dive club at the local beach.

Food is generally pretty good, lots of places to eat in Khobar as well though.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

Thanks a lot. And, maybe it's a stupid question, but are there ANY women around? On the compounds I mean.

And, one more thing. Hve you ever been across to Bahrain? What's it like there?

Many thanks.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bonam25
Thanks a lot. And, maybe it's a stupid question, but are there ANY women around? On the compounds I mean.

And, one more thing. Hve you ever been across to Bahrain? What's it like there?

Many thanks.
Women, well there are wives.

But I know in Riyadh they used to lay transport on for the nurses from the local hospitals for some of the social events.

Bahrain is ok, but after a few months in Saudi it will seem like something special. We used to pop over for the evening on a regular basis, takes about 40 minutes from the compound.