Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

'Smaller' companies with LMO's

'Smaller' companies with LMO's

Old Nov 4th 2013, 5:13 pm
Not so new ;-)

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 'Smaller' companies with LMO's

OK, I am currently interviewing/ in communication with, several of the larger Canadian haulage companies with LMOs. The further i get into the process though, the more I think I would be happier with a smaller, family orientated company.

I have managed to identify a couple of suitable companies through hours and hours of research and trawling through the barrage of shite on web forums....

Is anyone able to offer any heads ups? PM if you like, save publicising it to the masses

BTW, I am not wet behind the ears, stupid, inexperienced or otherwise. Please save sarky, narky comments for someone else!

Last edited by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer2; Nov 4th 2013 at 5:32 pm.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'Smaller' companies with LMO's

Watt & Stewart, Claresholm AB.
Hughson Trucking, Milk River, AB
Westcan, Calgary, AB
B & D Walter, Lethbridge, AB
Old Nov 4th 2013, 6:24 pm
Not so new ;-)

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilg14
Watt & Stewart, Claresholm AB.
Hughson Trucking, Milk River, AB
Westcan, Calgary, AB
B & D Walter, Lethbridge, AB
Thanks Neil! Got all of them! Is Alberta still known as a nightmare for obtaining PR?
Old Nov 4th 2013, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Took me 2 years and I got it in 2010, my mate just got his and took 2 1/2 years.
Just read yesterday on Calgary news that the Government are ploughing another 44million into immigration processing so maybe they'll get there shit together.
Don't know about how long it takes in the other provinces though.
You might be better off going to MB or SK but I don't know about companies with LMO's.
Loblaws in Regina.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 11:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Most smaller companies tend to not be happy paying for LMO's, so you might find it easier with a bigger one.

Good luck.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

http://www.djknoll.com/
Old Nov 9th 2013, 12:58 pm
Not so new ;-)

Originally Posted by Big Truck
Cheers
Old Nov 9th 2013, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Another vote here for DJ Knoll , excellent family orientated company running super B bulkers , dry vans and recently tankers . They also have there own training school .
Old Nov 9th 2013, 6:16 pm
Not so new ;-)

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Another vote here for DJ Knoll , excellent family orientated company running super B bulkers , dry vans and recently tankers . They also have there own training school .
Thanx mate.......they did appeal to me. Some companies you just get a 'feeling' for!
Old Nov 9th 2013, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

No worries , a few guys I served my sentence with (gaining pr) are now on there as O/Os and never moan , try contacting NW trucker from this forum , believe he could be useful if you choose them .