Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Christmas and New Year in Ayamonte

Christmas and New Year in Ayamonte

Old Jul 20th 2011, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

ClaireBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Christmas and New Year in Ayamonte

We are thinking of coming to Costa Esuri for Christmas & New Year, can anyone tell me if anything will be open. eg.supermarkets, restaurants to book Christmas Dinner (I have emailed Jags- await reply). Also any ideas for New Year's Eve?
Thanks
Claire & Bob
Old Jul 21st 2011, 7:05 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas and New Year in Ayamonte

Originally Posted by ClaireBob
We are thinking of coming to Costa Esuri for Christmas & New Year, can anyone tell me if anything will be open. eg.supermarkets, restaurants to book Christmas Dinner (I have emailed Jags- await reply). Also any ideas for New Year's Eve?
Thanks
Claire & Bob
In recent years there have been things going on all over the period in Jags, the Golf Club and I am sure Gavins new place in Town will have something (just guessing). We hhad a great NYEve a couple of years ago at the club .. and this year you will simply have more choices than before

You'll have no problems with the restos and supermarkets either.....

Go for it

Jon
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 9:20 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Christmas and New Year in Ayamonte

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
In recent years there have been things going on all over the period in Jags, the Golf Club and I am sure Gavins new place in Town will have something (just guessing). We hhad a great NYEve a couple of years ago at the club .. and this year you will simply have more choices than before

You'll have no problems with the restos and supermarkets either.....

Go for it

Jon
Thanks Jon, we have booked our flights. I'm sure as we get closer to Xmas we will start to hear of events. We have not been to Gavins yet, where in Town is it?
Regards
Claire & Bob
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Jon, we have booked our flights. I'm sure as we get closer to Xmas we will start to hear of events. We have not been to Gavins yet, where in Town is it?
Regards
Claire & Bob
Hi, Gavins new bar and restaurant are in Plaza La Lota. Regards Bryony
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 10:38 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Regards
Claire & Bob
Hi Claire & Bob Its called El Limonero a resto and as Bryony says its in La Lota plaza, (where the'new' pizza place used to be opposite the indoor market) and next door to Lotita which I think Gavin also has taken over as well which is a tapa and cocktail bar... and general bar as well.

Im sure there will be all sorts of things to do - and last year for example Jag did specials over Xmas and New Year. The club did a buffet for NY Eve that went down well I heard, and Jags also had an event.

You'll have fun

Jon
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Christmas and New Year in Ayamonte

Thanks
Claire & Bob
Hi Claire & Bob,

Don't know if you are aware that the big celebration for Christmas in Spain is 6th January it therefor follows that Ayamonte being a working town just closes for Chistmas Day and most things are open either side of the 25th December. They do let their down on the 6th so if you are over for 10 days or so you can sandwich New Year between a traditional Brit Christmas and a new expirience Spanish one!

Have a good one, John.
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Claire & Bob,

Don't know if you are aware that the big celebration for Christmas in Spain is 6th January it therefor follows that Ayamonte being a working town just closes for Chistmas Day and most things are open either side of the 25th December. They do let their down on the 6th so if you are over for 10 days or so you can sandwich New Year between a traditional Brit Christmas and a new expirience Spanish one!

Have a good one, John.
Thank you everyone for the replys, very helpful and no we didn't know that the Spanish celebrate on 6th Jan. We are really looking forward to a different Xmas & New Year in Ayamonte.
Regards
Claire & Bob
Old Aug 28th 2011, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

Thank you everyone for the replys, very helpful and no we didn't know that the Spanish celebrate on 6th Jan. We are really looking forward to a different Xmas & New Year in Ayamonte.
Regards
Claire & Bob
Just to let you know that Jags has replied to my email and will be opening on Xmas day. Just waiting for menus and then we will be booking.
Regards
Claire & Bob
Old Aug 29th 2011, 12:01 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Christmas is hardly celebrated out here, and what the Spanish celebrate on the 6th of Jan. is called Three Kings (Reyes Magos). This is the day when all the kids get their presents. In general Christmas is quiet so your best bet is to go to a foreign orientated place for a Christmas feel. Last year there was a Christmas market on the Plaza Ribeira, next to the taxis.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 6:54 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Just to let you know that Jags has replied to my email and will be opening on Xmas day. Just waiting for menus and then we will be booking.
Regards
Claire & Bob
Everything in Spain will be open on Christmas day, as Jur says they don`t celebrate it here.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jdr
Everything in Spain will be open on Christmas day, as Jur says they don`t celebrate it here.
But they do just over the bridge in Portugal
Old Aug 31st 2011, 7:17 am
Bleating on & on

Barbara Red lips has a spectacular aura aboutBarbara Red lips has a spectacular aura aboutBarbara Red lips has a spectacular aura about

Thanks
Claire & Bob
Don't forget to bring wooly jumpers and raincoats.... the weather is nothing like it is in summer.
Some sunshine, but shorter days and consequently long cool dark nights with the possibility of wind and rain.

As long as you are prepared it can be fun.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

Geeeeeezer is an unknown quantity at this point

I see Restaurante El Limonero in Ayamonte are open over the Xmas and New Year and have Jackie Ashworth booked for Xmas Eve and New Years Eve

http://ellimonero-ayamonte.com/christmas.htm
Old Oct 24th 2011, 2:31 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Geeeeeezer
I see Restaurante El Limonero in Ayamonte are open over the Xmas and New Year and have Jackie Ashworth booked for Xmas Eve and New Years Eve

ThereĀ“s also something about free food during football matches there.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Geeeeeezer

Thanks for the link, it looks good, just need to decide whether we go Christmas Eve or New Years Eve!