Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

The Worst HouseGuests

The Worst HouseGuests

Old Aug 16th 2008, 1:59 am
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Worst HouseGuests

I have just experienced the worst 2 weeks thanks to my just departed houseguests. They were so rude, selfish and unbearable that I cant be arsed to go into details........ What worst houseguest experiences have you suffered since becoming an ex pat .... or before?:curse:
Old Aug 16th 2008, 2:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Worst HouseGuests

Originally Posted by cybersecretary
I have just experienced the worst 2 weeks thanks to my just departed houseguests. They were so rude, selfish and unbearable that I cant be arsed to go into details........ What worst houseguest experiences have you suffered since becoming an ex pat .... or before?:curse:
Well I'm not an expat, but...

Friend got married - for some demented reason, honeymoon was at my house. Which would have been ok, if she hadn't married the redneck from He**.

The darling had never been out of his precious FLORIDA before - true cracker. (no insult intended to normal floridians).

I had a small house, gave them my bedroom while I slept on the couch.

We went downtown Chicago - he said "I shoulda brought my gun - these n****s you have here don't know their place"

Then... everything had to be "American". We wet to a lovely German restaurant - he said "What's that s**t - don't you got no AMERICAN bread?" The patient waiter got him some Wonder Bread or some such to replace the nice rye. I tried pretend I did not exist.

Tremendous battle later ensued over his desire to drink his beer in the car while I drove.

Eventually, I became a teensy bit crabby due to his lovely habit of staying up till 3 a.m. regaling me with fascinating stories such as how he got arrested for being drunk in the park and pissing on the f*ggot. Charming. Did I mention I had to get up and go to work each morning?

Final straw, sleep deprived, I was making nice fresh ground coffee for them... Mr. Delightful asks "What's that s**t - don't you got no AMERICACN coffee"? Icy voice from me... "What the He** is american coffee?" Reply "Folgers". From me - scream of rage advancing towards him "They probably grew that in f**ing BOLIVIA!!!!"

He turns... run... wise move.

Thank god friend divorced it eventually.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 2:14 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym

Friend got married - for some demented reason, honeymoon was at my house. Which would have been ok, if she hadn't married the redneck from He**.

The darling had never been out of his precious FLORIDA before - true cracker. (no insult intended to normal floridians).

We went downtown Chicago - he said "I shoulda brought my gun - these n****s you have here don't know their place"

Then... everything had to be "American". We wet to a lovely German restaurant - he said "What's that s**t - don't you got no AMERICAN bread?" The patient waiter got him some Wonder Bread or some such to replace the nice rye. I tried pretend I did not exist.

Tremendous battle later ensued over his desire to drink his beer in the car while I drove.

Eventually, I became a teensy bit crabby due to his lovely habit of staying up till 3 a.m. regaling me with fascinating stories such as how he got arrested for being drunk in the park and pissing on the f*ggot. Charming. Did I mention I had to get up and go to work each morning?

Final straw, sleep deprived, I was making nice fresh ground coffee for them... Mr. Delightful asks "What's that s**t - don't you got no AMERICACN coffee"? Icy voice from me... "What the He** is american coffee?" Reply "Folgers". From me - scream of rage advancing towards him "They probably grew that in f**ing BOLIVIA!!!!"

I just want to know if he got 'er done???
Old Aug 16th 2008, 2:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
I just want to know if he got 'er done???
She didn't divorce him that fast. Unfortunately.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 2:21 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Years ago when I first came here my freind came over to see me and we went out on the piss. He woke me up the next morning laughing in hysterics. I asked what was so funny and he pointed to the side of the bed, I looked over to see a pile of vomit on the floor.................... the thing about it is that he has since bought his own house, heaven forbid you smoke inside the house, leave a cup sitting after you've had some tea or a door open etc.
We are still good mates after 30 plus years but that incident and his double standards of my stuff compared to his always stuck in my mind.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 2:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
Years ago when I first came here my freind came over to see me and we went out on the piss. He woke me up the next morning laughing in hysterics. I asked what was so funny and he pointed to the side of the bed, I looked over to see a pile of vomit on the floor.................... the thing about it is that he has since bought his own house, heaven forbid you smoke inside the house, leave a cup sitting after you've had some tea or a door open etc.
We are still good mates after 30 plus years but that incident and his double standards of my stuff compared to his always stuck in my mind.
Icky.... icky....
Old Aug 16th 2008, 1:23 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG you win hands down...

I'm surprised you didn't take him for a ride on the interstate and kick him out at 90 mph...
Old Aug 16th 2008, 1:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lisag8070
OMG you win hands down...

I'm surprised you didn't take him for a ride on the interstate and kick him out at 90 mph...
If I could have figured out how, I would have. Grrr.

20 some years ago, and I can still remember that #$%)&&.

Thankfully, friend wised up - her second husband is lovely.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 1:52 pm
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

If I could have figured out how, I would have. Grrr.

20 some years ago, and I can still remember that #$%)&&.

Thankfully, friend wised up - her second husband is lovely.
Erghhhhh. No wonder you can still remember the experience. I dont think I will forget mine for a while and it wasnt as bad as yours.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 1:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Erghhhhh. No wonder you can still remember the experience. I dont think I will forget mine for a while and it wasnt as bad as yours.
Come on then... do tell...
Old Aug 16th 2008, 2:10 pm
In Orange County, CA.

Come on then... do tell...
Just the unmitigated selfishness of my most recent houseguests. We have been here in California for a year and have had about 8 sets of visitors so far, all of whom have been great, apart from the usual feelings of at times wanting your own space, but other than that they have been great and we have all mucked in and generally had a great time.

So.. friend (L) and 5 year old daughter (E) arrive. I knew it was going to be a challenge because the daughter is an only child, very very noisy, exceptionally selfish and wont share at all, very picky eater, very bossy and generally not the nicest child to be around. However, I have 2 children who can also be a pain in the arse at times - after all, having young children it just goes with the territory, they argue, and can be a pain in the bum at times during the day. What I didnt enjoy was the fact that E never gets told off for her unacceptable behaviour, is mollycoddled bejond belief and has no consideration for other people. If we go and stay, or visit, other people's houses, I will expect a higher standard of behaviour from my children there than I would at home - and they know it.

Well, I now know where child E gets her tendencies from. I accept, welcome and tell visitors to use my home as they would their own, however, parent (L) hardly spoke at all to my husband (v rude), would get child (E) off to bed, eat her meal, and then proceed to sit at the PC for about 4 hours every night, emailing her new (newly separated) boyfriend. I would understand if this was for part of the evening, but honestly, the WHOLE evening and into the wee small hours ......? No kidding, this happened EVERY evening during their stay, apart from the last one, when she deigned to sit in the same room as us and actually converse and interact.....

So, nothing actually horrific, we just feel used. OH says we should put a sign outside the front door advertising our hotel with unlimited internet access and free booze.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 2:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just the unmitigated selfishness of my most recent houseguests. We have been here in California for a year and have had about 8 sets of visitors so far, all of whom have been great, apart from the usual feelings of at times wanting your own space, but other than that they have been great and we have all mucked in and generally had a great time.

So.. friend (L) and 5 year old daughter (E) arrive. I knew it was going to be a challenge because the daughter is an only child, very very noisy, exceptionally selfish and wont share at all, very picky eater, very bossy and generally not the nicest child to be around. However, I have 2 children who can also be a pain in the arse at times - after all, having young children it just goes with the territory, they argue, and can be a pain in the bum at times during the day. What I didnt enjoy was the fact that E never gets told off for her unacceptable behaviour, is mollycoddled bejond belief and has no consideration for other people. If we go and stay, or visit, other people's houses, I will expect a higher standard of behaviour from my children there than I would at home - and they know it.

Well, I now know where child E gets her tendencies from. I accept, welcome and tell visitors to use my home as they would their own, however, parent (L) hardly spoke at all to my husband (v rude), would get child (E) off to bed, eat her meal, and then proceed to sit at the PC for about 4 hours every night, emailing her new (newly separated) boyfriend. I would understand if this was for part of the evening, but honestly, the WHOLE evening and into the wee small hours ......? No kidding, this happened EVERY evening during their stay, apart from the last one, when she deigned to sit in the same room as us and actually converse and interact.....

So, nothing actually horrific, we just feel used. OH says we should put a sign outside the front door advertising our hotel with unlimited internet access and free booze.
How annoying. It's home, not a hotel... reminds me...

I remember one guest (also with a small child) who seemed to have confused me with a hotel. I remember the week as one long wail of "I WANT...." from the child.

A memorable morning was - evening before, they wanted a big complicated fondue dinner - 3 courses, 5 sauces, etc. which I had made while mother and child played on the porch. As it was late that evening, and I didn't have a dishwasher, I had not finished all the dishes.

Next morning, as I was up cleaning the kitchen - mother comes downstairs - looks at the kitchen and says "Oh, the kitchen is too much of a mess to make breakfast. We'll play upstairs - let me know when it's ready"

Apparently she was on vacation.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 2:28 pm
In Orange County, CA.

How annoying. It's home, not a hotel... reminds me...

I remember one guest (also with a small child) who seemed to have confused me with a hotel. I remember the week as one long wail of "I WANT...." from the child.

A memorable morning was - evening before, they wanted a big complicated fondue dinner - 3 courses, 5 sauces, etc. which I had made while mother and child played on the porch. As it was late that evening, and I didn't have a dishwasher, I had not finished all the dishes.

Next morning, as I was up cleaning the kitchen - mother comes downstairs - looks at the kitchen and says "Oh, the kitchen is too much of a mess to make breakfast. We'll play upstairs - let me know when it's ready"

Apparently she was on vacation.

That sounds familiar!!!!
Old Aug 16th 2008, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh, seriously, what an ugly person. You must have the patience of a saint to have put up with that!!
Old Aug 16th 2008, 2:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Emma M
Ugh, seriously, what an ugly person. You must have the patience of a saint to have put up with that!!
That's a good description of him. I was probably more patient back then... but it had thoroughly run out!

It was a really really good friend he was married to... if it weren't for her he'd have been on the curb right quick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.