Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Malta
Reload this Page >

Thinking about Malta but confused about the process

Thinking about Malta but confused about the process

Old Apr 23rd 2012, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

ErryBerry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinking about Malta but confused about the process

I'm thinking about moving to Malta for a year or so, I have a UK passport and plan on finding whatever work there is when I get there.

My question is really just about the visa/work permit requirements: I understand that although Malta is in the EU you still need a work permit; one website said this was hard to do and that you needed a job offer before applying, the other said it was just a case of completing a form then looking for work when you get there?

Can anyone clarify?
Old Apr 24th 2012, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

maltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Thinking about Malta but confused about the process

Malta did have a stipulation that foreign workers were to obtain an employment permit for their first five years in Europe, this time has now lapsed so just find a job and get registered with the e.t.c.