Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

De registering Spanish plated car

De registering Spanish plated car

Old Jan 28th 2011, 10:50 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default De registering Spanish plated car

I'm getting to the end of returning my Spanish plated UK car to the UK now.

One thing I need to sort finally is the notifications about the re export, otherwise I will shortly be getting a bill for the tax for the year.

The bills are issued by the local town hall in La Font D'en Carros. Is it the town hall that I notify. I would have thought trafico, but it all seems to be controlled and billed by the town hall
Old Jan 29th 2011, 11:38 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: De registering Spanish plated car

Guess I'm on my own on this one then
Old Jan 29th 2011, 11:39 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Guess I'm on my own on this one then
Yep.

But I too would like to know the answer.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 12:13 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Car tax is a municipal tax and is administered by the town hall.

You should be able to "baja" it there but I imagine that you have to baja it with Trafico first.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 12:50 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Fred James
Car tax is a municipal tax and is administered by the town hall.

You should be able to "baja" it there but I imagine that you have to baja it with Trafico first.
Well, we'll soon know. I wrote a letter to the town hall and enclosed the baja form off the other thread. We'll have to see what happens
Old Jan 29th 2011, 2:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: De registering Spanish plated car

[quote=Fred James;9137394]Car tax is a municipal tax and is administered by the town hall.
You should be able to "baja" it there but I imagine that you have to baja it with Trafico first.[/]

I don't know if it is anything like UK where I am holding a car on SORN until I bring it down in April when I will submit a permanent export slip to DVLA. Mitzy must surely have to do something similar with Trafico since that is where it is curently registered then onto the Ayuntamiento to make sure they don't keep the tax running.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 3:24 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I think you will find Trafico have to inform the council before they will remove it from the tax list.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

I should imagine you will have to inform Trafico first.
We had to do it that way round when we wanted to simply change our address, the Town Hall couldn't do it as they had to be informed from Trafico first.

The wheels do indeed turn very slowly!
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:58 pm
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all

Did anyone find out the answer to this one? The DVLA told us that we wouldn't need to do anything else in Spain to deregister the car as they notify Traffico but it seems locally that the car is still registered and I have had to pay the full years car tax, I've been told that I may get a refund of some it when I have proved the car has been exported. I'm off to Traffico tomorrow to try to find out more but if anyone has any advice it could be very helpful.

Yvonne

Last edited by YMF; Sep 12th 2011 at 12:58 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Sep 12th 2011, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YMF
Did anyone find out the answer to this one? The DVLA told us that we wouldn't need to do anything else in Spain to deregister the car as they notify Traffico but it seems locally that the car is still registered and I have had to pay the full years car tax, I've been told that I may get a refund of some it when I have proved the car has been exported. I'm off to Traffico tomorrow to try to find out more but if anyone has any advice it could be very helpful.

Yvonne
The responsibility is yours to inform Traffico on all matters, they then pass on the information to relevant departments.

Good look with a refund, government departments here are not as quick to give money back as they are to take it....
We have been waiting fourteen months and still waiting for a refund of overpaid IBI, it's a pity we can't issue them with a fine for late payment!

Last edited by megmet; Sep 12th 2011 at 5:12 pm.