i-751 RFEs , Help

Old Sep 28th 2008, 3:23 am
Just Joined

yaibaba is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i-751 RFEs , Help

I filed the I-751 form , and recently got a I-751 Request for Evidence . I and my spouse lived in his mother's house for the past 2 years to save money, so we don't have utilities bills together to as well as the Lease or Rental Mortgages paper because she paid everything for us, but we have the bank statements and everything. The evidences that the RFES requested, we pretty much send everything on the first time,excepted for those bills.

_ What can we do to tell the Immigration service that we don't have those bills?

_The RFEs also requested for evidence that our marriage is not to evade the immigration laws, what should we do with that?

_Should we send our pictures on the second times?
Old Sep 28th 2008, 3:51 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i-751 RFEs , Help

Originally Posted by yaibaba
_ What can we do to tell the Immigration service that we don't have those bills?
Yes. Write a statement as to why you don't have mortgage or utility bills in your names. Do you pay his mother anything towards rent? If so, include a statement saying that. You could even have his mother draw up a little rental contract and have you both sign it. Also you can have his mother do an affidavit so she can also say that you live with her under her roof, rent free or for whatever it is per month that you pay.

_The RFEs also requested for evidence that our marriage is not to evade the immigration laws, what should we do with that?
Write a statement to that effect, and state that the information you have provided and are providing with the RFE shows that your marriage is genuine.

Couldn't hurt!

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:01 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: i-751 RFEs , Help

Originally Posted by yaibaba
I filed the I-751 form , and recently got a I-751 Request for Evidence . I and my spouse lived in his mother's house for the past 2 years to save money, so we don't have utilities bills together to as well as the Lease or Rental Mortgages paper because she paid everything for us, but we have the bank statements and everything. The evidences that the RFES requested, we pretty much send everything on the first time,excepted for those bills.

Hi:

These RFE's are generic "boilerplate" -- they often drive the lawyers nuts, too. It is a running problem that RFE's don't specify what the examiner really wanted.

The regulations give you three options: 1 -- give them all they request; 2-- give them part of what they request; or 3 -- tell them you are giving them nothing. There is nothing saying you also can't give them different items than those requested. The one thing you cannot do is fail to respond. Your application then can be denied for failure to respond.

So, send them a response -- a letter explaining what happened plus some other stuff will be all that you can do. If you respond, the worst that can probably happen is that you will need to be interviewed.

I know this entails delay, but remember that you remain a LPR while the I-751 is pending.