Reload this Page >

No Claims Bonus Letter

No Claims Bonus Letter

Old Jul 25th 2006, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

wesbett is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No Claims Bonus Letter

Hi

I hear a 'proof of no claims bonus letter' is a must for ICBC to consider any no claims discount. I've been searching for a template of the No Claims Bonus letter - does one exist?

Do I need to send this all companies I have had car insurance with or just the latest one? I have no records of some of the old companies!

We had to make a claim last year due to someone denting it when parked but not leaving a note informing us. I guess this will bugger up my ICBC no claims and I will have to start from scratch!

Any help appreciated.
Wes
Old Jul 25th 2006, 4:30 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No Claims Bonus Letter

Hi

Originally Posted by wesbett
Hi

I hear a 'proof of no claims bonus letter' is a must for ICBC to consider any no claims discount. I've been searching for a template of the No Claims Bonus letter - does one exist?

Do I need to send this all companies I have had car insurance with or just the latest one? I have no records of some of the old companies!

We had to make a claim last year due to someone denting it when parked but not leaving a note informing us. I guess this will bugger up my ICBC no claims and I will have to start from scratch!

Any help appreciated.
Wes
1. ICBC doesn't count the scratches, they are intrested in no claims for accidents.
2. You need the letter from the last 8 years if you want the full deduction.
3. See here for the letter format http://www.icbc.com/insurance/insura...uy_moving2.asp
note it must be from the Insurance company not the broker.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 6:37 am
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: No Claims Bonus Letter

this was posted on Brits2Vancouver

Your Address
Your Tel
Your Fax
Your E-Mail
Name & Address of UK Insurer

To Whom It May Concern:

RE: Request for non-standard Proof of No Claims Letter

My name is XXX, and between Month YR and MONTH YEAR, I held a Motor Insurance Policy with your organisation. I am writing to you today to ask if you can provide me with a non-standard Proof of No Claims Letter. The reason for this is that I have recently emigrated to Vancouver, Canada, and in order for me transfer my No Claims Bonus to a Canadian insurer, a letter whose contents is different to a standard British Proof of No Claims Letter is required.

This non-standard letter, printed on paper containing your company letterhead, must include the following pieces of information:

1. The Policy Number I held with you.
2. The date my Motor Insurance Policy with you commenced.
3. The date my Motor Insurance Policy with you ended.
4. A sentence describing the type of insurance held – i.e. “fully comprehensive”.
5. A sentence explaining that I made no claims during this time.
6. A sentence describing the total number of years’ No Claims Bonus I had gained by the time my policy ended – e.g. “At the time of cancellation, Mr McNab was entitled to a 71% No Claims Discount representing 6 years claim free driving.” Please note that the number of years accrued must be stated, and not just a No Claims percentage bonus.
7. A sentence describing the number of years’ No Claims Bonus I accrued with your organisation alone during this period – e.g. “Mr XXX accrued 2 years of No Claims Discount whilst insured with us.”

Good luck

Clare