Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What to do with my somewhat over ripe grapes ?

What to do with my somewhat over ripe grapes ?

Old Mar 26th 2011, 6:05 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default What to do with my somewhat over ripe grapes ?

What can I do with my somewhat overripe grape glut? Too ripe for juicing would be my guess as they are quite soft now although not squishy.

It's my own fault. I forgot about picking them.

Don't say a noble wine or a worm farm. I haven't the kit for either.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

IngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to do with my somewhat over ripe grapes ?

My mother made juice, left it in her cool room and when she went to use it, it had turned into the most delicious wine without her having to do anything special to it. Of course, when she got the fixings to actually make wine, it didn't turn out as good. She also made good jelly which is best with slightly over ripe grapes and I know people who make grape pie, also good. Our problem is getting the grapes picked before the bears get them all.

Kristina
Old Mar 26th 2011, 7:46 pm
`

Originally Posted by IngStina
Our problem is getting the grapes picked before the bears get them all.

Kristina
Bears You got bears near you ?

My hens jump for the grapes . It's very funny to watch.

These grapes are still sweet with a tange to them. I'm not sure what type of grape it is.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 8:47 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What to do with my somewhat over ripe grapes ?

Grape chutney, jam or butter?
Old Mar 26th 2011, 8:52 pm
`

Last time I tried to make jam, I killed the pot.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Foxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud of

We squidged ours with a potato masher then boiled it all up for a few minutes, sieved it to remove all the pulp and seeds and drank the juice with fizzy water. Was surprisingly good
Old Mar 26th 2011, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Dry them out and make raisins?
Old Mar 26th 2011, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Grape Ice Cream or Sorbet...
Old Mar 27th 2011, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

IngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Bears You got bears near you ?
Live in my yard from spring through fall, just have to learn to live with them and try to pick fruit before them. Unfortunately, they don't care if the fruit is ripe or not.

Kristina
Old Mar 27th 2011, 8:24 pm
`

Originally Posted by IngStina
Live in my yard from spring through fall, just have to learn to live with them and try to pick fruit before them. Unfortunately, they don't care if the fruit is ripe or not.

Kristina
Man. That sure beats jumping hens.

Picture please.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

Sorry, didn't work, will try again.

What to do with my somewhat over ripe grapes ?-bears.jpeg

What to do with my somewhat over ripe grapes ?-bears2.jpeg

I think I'd prefer to watch jumping hens up close, unless, of course, they get drunk on over ripe grapes and get violent.

Kristina
Old Mar 29th 2011, 3:13 am
`

Oh WOW I know it isn't for you but that's so cool.

It's the waxeyes that get tiddlypom on over-ripe fruit. They start off all cute and after a bit get all fluttery and squabble.