Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Old Nov 21st 2011, 3:17 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

As there now seems to be a few of us who have had their files transferred to Ottawa to expedite processing, thought it might be useful to start a thread for processing timelines on this pilot scheme.

Please add and update your info so it can be of some help to others. It will be interesting to see how quickly cases are now dealt with. Please add what info CIC has requested in their correspondence with you, as I know if differs between people. Thanks and good luck!

Scheme Applied Under: AINP
Date of PR Application: Aug 25 2011
Office sent to: Buffalo
Date File Transferred to Ottawa: Oct 27 2011
Date of Meds Request: Oct 27 2011
Date Medicals Sent: Nov18 2011
Date of Police Check Request:
Date Police Check sent:
Passport Request:
PR:
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 2:37 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Come on guys I know you are out there!!
Old Nov 24th 2011, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

KeithSonja will become famous soon enoughKeithSonja will become famous soon enough

Scheme Applied Under: SNIP
Date of PR Application: July 9th 2011
Date File Transferred to Ottawa: Oct 21st 2011
Date of Meds Request: Oct 21st 2011
Date Medicals Sent:
Date Police Check sent:
Passport Request:
PR:
Old Nov 24th 2011, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

gracey1982 is on a distinguished road

Scheme Applied Under: BCPNP
Date of PR Application: June 6 2011
Date File Transferred to Ottawa: Nov 10 2011
Date of Meds Request: Nov 10 2011
Date Medicals Sent: Nov 15 2011
Date Police Check sent:
Passport Request:
PR:
Old Nov 24th 2011, 7:33 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

Looks like we are all around the same time, give or take a couple of weeks.

Would be brilliant if they keep up this speed
Old Nov 27th 2011, 2:17 am
Just Joined

gracey1982 is on a distinguished road

Would be awesome if they did. Fingers crossed for us
Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

AINP Applicant is on a distinguished road

Scheme Applied Under: AINP
Date of PR Application: 2011/09/28
Date File Transferred to Ottawa: November 4, 2011
Date of Meds Request: November 4, 2011
Date Medicals Sent: Nov 22 2011
Date of Police Check Request:Submitted with original application
Date Police Check sent: -
Passport Request:
PR:
Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

I am not a 100% sure but I have heard that the request for Passport is received within 3-4 months after medicals for PNP candidates.

We are the 1st in this league so have to just wait for one of us to receive PR to have a better understanding of the timeline.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 6:06 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

Our lawyer reckons 2 months, but I don't believe that. A work colleague in same position had meds in September and is still waiting for their passport request

So far we've not heard of anyone whose been transferred to Ottawa actually getting their passport request. Not sure if they are in fact going to expedite processing at all at this rate, rather just get everyones's hope's up
Old Nov 30th 2011, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

I do not believe in that either. But I did receive a reminder email from Ottawa regarding medical examination. Goes to say they are pushing hard on expediting the process.
My email from Ottawa also stated that they take 10 months to process the application, which is not the case in Buffalo.
Additionally, I was reading a blog and this one candidate had received Passport request in 6 months. So they might be trying to fill a quota and PNP's are looked upon as most favorable candidates.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 6:43 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

Originally Posted by AINP Applicant
I do not believe in that either. But I did receive a reminder email from Ottawa regarding medical examination. Goes to say they are pushing hard on expediting the process.
My email from Ottawa also stated that they take 10 months to process the application, which is not the case in Buffalo.
Additionally, I was reading a blog and this one candidate had received Passport request in 6 months. So they might be trying to fill a quota and PNP's are looked upon as most favorable candidates.
Our letter said 10 months too I guess I'm just too impatient. Just want to know that we can stay, then buy a house and send our eldest daughter to Uni next year etc, etc
Old Nov 30th 2011, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Lol! I am sure it will all work out. Once you receive the request for medical its awfully hard to be patient. Its been 2 months since I applied and there isnt a blog I haven't read.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 8:54 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

Originally Posted by AINP Applicant
Lol! I am sure it will all work out. Once you receive the request for medical its awfully hard to be patient. Its been 2 months since I applied and there isnt a blog I haven't read.
I was ok and getting on with life here as we didn't expect to hear anything back from CIC until at least Feb 2012. The out of the blue medical request has just got me stressed again!

Finding it really hard to concentrate on anything right now.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

My fellow friends check this out

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-discussi...wa-office-only
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

They wont let me post the link. Hmmmm
Check trackit

Some have received PPR in 3 months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.