Reload this Page >

Cost of registering a UK car in Spain

Cost of registering a UK car in Spain

Old Jul 7th 2010, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

Craig and Cat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cost of registering a UK car in Spain

Hello,

Does anyone have a rough idea of how much it will cost to register our car, get the plates changed etc when bringing a car from the UK into Spain?

Many thanks
Old Jul 8th 2010, 11:05 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of registering a UK car in Spain

This has been discussed many times, do a search.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on age/model, engine size, not as simple as how much
Old Jul 8th 2010, 5:55 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Around 650 euros plus the cost of changing the headlights, the rear fog and reversing lights if you have only one of each. The tyres if the car is not European (Jeep for example). Plus costs of anyone to help / do it for you

As an aside, the last couple of cars we have transferred have had a very nice tick in the Exempt from "first registration tax" box because we had a Baja de residencia from the British Consulate even though they had been living here for some years!

Second aside, anyone realise the medical requirement for driving licences have changed. Now ten years to 65 (used to be to 45)

Davexf
Old Jul 8th 2010, 6:17 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Second aside, anyone realise the medical requirement for driving licences have changed. Now ten years to 65 (used to be to 45)

Davexf
And, as equally important, it used to be every 2 years after 70 and now it's 5 years after 65.
Old Jul 9th 2010, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Kayak is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not a spanish resident yet. I live and work in the UK but come to spain on my days off to be with my family who are resident in spain. As i'm not a resident i've not signed on the padron but I'm hoping to be in the Autumn. I've got a UK car in Spain (taxed and MOT in the uk) but the MOT is up in August. I'd like to re register it onto Spanish plates as i've decided to live and work here from the autumn time. Can I re register it onto Spanish plates without signing the padron?
Whats the best way of doing this?

Many thanks
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 8:40 am
Just Joined

tomnolan is an unknown quantity at this point

hi ,
i wish to re register my car in spain also,i wondering if its just as easy to buy one rather that re register even though i would like to keep my own car which is left hand drive,my car is a 1990 merc230 coupe 2.2ltr engine and value about e2,000.
if anyone can help with this i'd be grateful.

thanks

tom
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Just a quicky, doesnt atter what its current value is, they go by the value as new, then sliding scale. being over 1600cc you will pay, I think 12% of the new value, then it will reduce yearly, so being an old car it shouldt be too much. that is the "admin fee"

ficha technica, cost us 120 e
ITV last time 120e for 1st one
had to get a Baja Consular for the Smart we are doing 161e

then whatever the admin fee is, plus plates etc

maybe speak to a gestor and see what they think
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 9:24 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pwwm
Just a quicky, doesnt atter what its current value is, they go by the value as new, then sliding scale. being over 1600cc you will pay, I think 12% of the new value, then it will reduce yearly, so being an old car it shouldt be too much. that is the "admin fee"

ficha technica, cost us 120 e
ITV last time 120e for 1st one
had to get a Baja Consular for the Smart we are doing 161e

then whatever the admin fee is, plus plates etc

maybe speak to a gestor and see what they think
I thought it was now based on CO/CO2 emissions now and not age etc.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 9:48 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
I thought it was now based on CO/CO2 emissions now and not age etc.
Yes it is - it used to be based on engine size and fuel type and there were two rates, 7% and 12%.

It changed to an emission based system about two years ago and there are 4 bands from 0% to 14.75%. I also understand that the top rate has just been increased to 16%.

The tax office have a list of car values by year of manufacture

http://www.aeat.es/AEAT/Contenidos_C...A3476_2009.pdf

This shows the value when new and you apply a depreciation factor which is shown in that document.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 9:58 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Great link - would it be worth putting this is the 'useful' area?
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Great link - would it be worth putting this is the 'useful' area?
I will put it in the "Free Beer" thread.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

Craig and Cat is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks - all most helpful
Old Aug 27th 2010, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

sarahwatts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Craig and Cat
Hello,

Does anyone have a rough idea of how much it will cost to register our car, get the plates changed etc when bringing a car from the UK into Spain?

Many thanks
Do you still need to this we used re plate mate they were really quick and efficient their web address is www.replatematecostablanca.com hope this helps
Old Aug 28th 2010, 6:02 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Justy remember that when re registering, matriculating, the car must be as original. No modifications from the original spec, or these mods will have to be removed. If a car has been extensivly modified, then it usually isn't worth keeping it and selling in the UK and buying in Spain is a better bet. Actuaslly buying in Spain is a better bet on many fronts unless the car is relatively new or a classic. With a LHD car you are much better placed for seeing while overtaking, and all the automatic barrier ticket machines are on the driver side, possibly a minor point but with a queue of impatient Spanish drivers behind it could be helpful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.