Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Bus Riyadh to Bahrain

Bus Riyadh to Bahrain

Old Dec 3rd 2008, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

newinriy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bus Riyadh to Bahrain

Hello, I am new to the Kingdom. I have 10 days off for the Holidays here in Riyadh and was thinking of going to Bahrain. Has anyone taken the bus to Bahrain? I looked at flights but I work in aviation here and I am tired of airplanes and airports and thought there might be some interesting sites along the way??? Thanx for any help

Cheers,

Larry
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bus Riyadh to Bahrain

There is nothing along the way, it is called the empty quarter for good reason.

You would definitely be better off flying.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:17 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure I'd take the bus, but could be worth getting a car (+ driver!) for it - if they drive fast enough it's well under 5 hours driving, and more relaxing than a plane. There are rest stops on the highway!

(Yes, I've done this - went to a wedding in Bahrain and had to be back in the office in Riyadh the following morning. No flight times that worked, so car it was)
Old Dec 4th 2008, 12:46 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Used to work for a co based in Dammam and work on site in Hawtah.. That must rank as one of the worlds most boring drives... It got that bad, I managed to persuade our customer to fly everyone down ...!!!
Old Dec 4th 2008, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

abdull is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there,

there is a VIP bus go to Bahrain, it's really cool and i rented the whole Bus one time to Bahrain with my friends, it was really fantastic

here is the link with some pictures, prices, and the schedule

if you need any further info. or even help PM me.

Peace out V

P.S. 10 days in Bahrain is too very soooooo much. i think you should rethink about the period of time.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

abdull is an unknown quantity at this point

i forgot the link

here it is :

http://www.saptco.com.sa/en/services_vip.htm
Old Dec 5th 2008, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute

Have you thought about taking the train from Riyadh to Dammam and then a taxi to Bahrain? Its the only train service in the Gulf region, 5 trains a day in each direction.
For some reason their english site isnt up at present, maybe you could get some one to translate this time table page for you
http://www.saudirailways.org/passeng...o_train_ar.htm