Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Help with sorting out payment of PR spousal visa!

Help with sorting out payment of PR spousal visa!

Old Mar 28th 2012, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

bryandd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with sorting out payment of PR spousal visa!

Help! My wife and I are nearing the completion of her PR spousal visa for Canada but I'm having trouble with the bit that ironically I thought would be the easiest--the payment details! Maybe it's the dyslexia or just beaucratic nonspeak, but I can't make sense of the forms! We live in Scotland so we'll be sending the forms and payment from here, but how do we do it? Can we pay online? Where do we do that? Do we need to send a money order, and is it made out in Canadian dollars or UK sterling? Do we send the payment along to the CIC office in Ontario if it's in UK sterling? Just can't seem to find a straight answer, so if anyone has any ideas and/or links regarding this to put a stressed out Canadian and a crazy Scottish woman at ease, please pass them on. Thank you!
Old Mar 28th 2012, 2:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with sorting out payment of PR spousal visa!

Try this link
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...is.aspx?view=d
Old Mar 28th 2012, 5:22 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by bryandd
Help! My wife and I are nearing the completion of her PR spousal visa for Canada but I'm having trouble with the bit that ironically I thought would be the easiest--the payment details! Maybe it's the dyslexia or just beaucratic nonspeak, but I can't make sense of the forms! We live in Scotland so we'll be sending the forms and payment from here, but how do we do it? Can we pay online? Where do we do that? Do we need to send a money order, and is it made out in Canadian dollars or UK sterling? Do we send the payment along to the CIC office in Ontario if it's in UK sterling? Just can't seem to find a straight answer, so if anyone has any ideas and/or links regarding this to put a stressed out Canadian and a crazy Scottish woman at ease, please pass them on. Thank you!

1. Assuming you have a credit Card.
2. You pay on line sponsorship $75.00 + $475.00 and RPRF $490.00 at https://eservicesak.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en and select Mississauga
3. Or you can get a Bankers Draft for $1040 payable by Bank in Canada.
Old Mar 28th 2012, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

that's great, thank you!
Old Apr 8th 2012, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Help! I'm trying to pay through the internet from Scotland. I'm putting in me credit card details but it's not working. Is this because I put in my UK address when it asks for it? Should I put a Canadian address instead? Is that acceptable?
Old Apr 8th 2012, 3:49 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bryandd
Help! I'm trying to pay through the internet from Scotland. I'm putting in me credit card details but it's not working. Is this because I put in my UK address when it asks for it? Should I put a Canadian address instead? Is that acceptable?
Put the address the card is registered to, surely?
Old Apr 8th 2012, 3:52 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

I do not believe you can pay from overseas and yes the address should be the credit card billing address.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 4:26 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
I do not believe you can pay from overseas and yes the address should be the credit card billing address.
We did, but that was a few years ago.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 7:29 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
I'm with Jim, trying to pay nearly drove us mental. Credit cards just didn't work. Eventually we got a money order from the bank. I think they must have changed the system, because there are people on here that do appear to have paid by credit card in the past. Very best of luck.