Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Compound Accommodation in Al Khobar

Compound Accommodation in Al Khobar

Old Oct 29th 2012, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

DM1966 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Compound Accommodation in Al Khobar

Good Evening everyone, I would be grateful for the benefit of your experience!
I've been in Al Khobar now for just over 2 weeks and am bored of staying in hotels. I was originally booked into the Park Inn which was fine apart from not having an outdoor pool. Unable to face the prospect of spending 6 days holiday over Eid sat in my room, I have transferred to the Holiday Inn.
I now have to find permanent accommodation and having viewed a number of compounds locally have been surprised at the variation in quality and price.
I'm sure that this question has been asked many times before however I am conscious that with time standards change and so.....can anyone recommend a good quality compound in Al Khobar with a sensible crowd of western expats and a reasonable social scene?
I'm a 46 year old single, british chap and have high standards (perhaps that's why I'm still single!), I'll be working hard 6 days a week but would welcome some friendly banter some evenings and perhaps an opportunity to join in a BBQ at the weekend!
Your advice would be appreciated!
Old Oct 31st 2012, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Compound Accommodation in Al Khobar

hi drop me a pm i might be able to help you out thanks
Old Oct 31st 2012, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Golden Belt is the best I've been to, give it a try.
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 10:54 am
Banned

adamsmith1234567 has a spectacular aura aboutadamsmith1234567 has a spectacular aura aboutadamsmith1234567 has a spectacular aura about

Snap. I am about to come out for 3.5 weeks in the Park inn. Why are you living in Saudi? Why not Bhrain?

Cheers
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Bahrain can be a right pain the rear end and at certain times of the day and week. most people stay in Saudi and travellover to Bahrain on a weekend. I do know people that travell to from every day but its hard work buy the end of the week, as i have already said in another topic bahrain - khobar can take a short time about 90 mins on a morning but on the way back to bahrain i know people that its taken 3 hours to cross that bridge. and on top of a long day in the office byt the weekend you are tired.
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

Coffindodger is right! I've been over the causeway to Bahrain on a couple of occasions now with an employee who lives in Bahrain and commutes to Khobar daily and the traffic is a real challenge! Also, I'm employed by a Saudi company and they want me based in Saudi (and they pay for my accommodation) because, of the two businesses I am managing, the one in Khobar is the larger.
I went to the driving school today to apply for my Saudi Driving Licence. That was an experience! I should have it in the morning which means that I can drive myself across the causeway!
adamsmith1234567 when are you due to arrive? I've just checked back into the Park Inn this evening. Modern, clean and staff very friendly.
Thanks for your pm Coffindodger. Will call you this week. Accommodation is still my priority at present.
Old Nov 4th 2012, 8:05 pm
Banned

adamsmith1234567 has a spectacular aura aboutadamsmith1234567 has a spectacular aura aboutadamsmith1234567 has a spectacular aura about

Hi arriving next Saturday....cheers
Old Nov 17th 2012, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

safetydude7777 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I have just moved to Khobar living in the coral hotel. I am also interested in any western compounds to rent. Can anyone recommend any. 1 Room no more that 80000 Sar per yr.
Old Nov 17th 2012, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

Hi safetydude7777,

Try Al Ferdous Village. They had a 1 bedroom villa available for SAR75 a couple of weeks ago. The compound manager is called Sharaf and can be contacted on 055 355 0149. (www.almutlaq.com/ferdous) Good luck!
Old Nov 27th 2012, 5:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Eurovillage.

http://www.eurovillagecompound.com/