Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Family RP in Qatar: is the 6 month bank statment necessary?

Family RP in Qatar: is the 6 month bank statment necessary?

Old Jun 6th 2013, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

Haron is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family RP in Qatar: is the 6 month bank statment necessary?

Hi guys

I heard contradicting stories about the 6 months bank statment to get RP for spouse and children. Is this true? When is it required and when not? This is important for schools as the SEC asked schools not to allow any child without RP. If it takes 6 months this means either going alone or kids away from school for 6 months!
Old Jun 7th 2013, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice
Default Re: Family RP in Qatar: is the 6 month bank statment necessary?

I went 2 weeks ago with 6 months worth of bank statements. Application was rejected as first 2 salary payments were by cheque not electronic transfer. Told no problem apart from that and to go back in July.
Old Jun 7th 2013, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

dragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nice

We had family visa about 5 weeks after arrival - so we definitely didn't have 6mths worth of statements.... just to be contradictory to desert-rat!!
Old Jun 7th 2013, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Crewegirl is on a distinguished road

You can get a 6 month family visit visa whilst you wait for the 6 months full bank statements to build up. I've heard many stories of companies waiting for the 6 months and some only 3 months.
Old Jun 7th 2013, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice

I know a lot who got family RP after 3 months. Apparently since May they are enforcing the 6 months rule. And my sponsor is the PM!!
Old Jun 7th 2013, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks guys for your reply. Obviously there is no clear information on this matter. I have no problem with entry of my wife and kids, as they can get a visa in the airport and do visa run to Dubai, but my concern is admission of kids in schools. Almost all schools say kids must have RP to be admitted, while the HR says it is suffice to get a letter from the company stating the RP is in process. Any experience with this?
Old Jun 7th 2013, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dragonladyoz
We had family visa about 5 weeks after arrival - so we definitely didn't have 6mths worth of statements.... just to be contradictory to desert-rat!!
Do you work with goverment or private?
Old Jun 8th 2013, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

dragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nice

It will undoubtedly depend upon the school, but yes, our kids were enrolled with a letter from the company that said RP process was underway. Better to contact the schools direct and see what they say.