Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Visa to be cancelled, leaving Dubai......

Visa to be cancelled, leaving Dubai......

Old Mar 23rd 2009, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Rosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant future
Default Visa to be cancelled, leaving Dubai......

Have been terminated recently and my employer wants to cancel my visa. Have a loan with a bank and owe money on credit cards, have been paying the instalments regularly with no default. Now have an opportunity to get a job out side the UAE. If I have my visa cancelled and want to leave would I be stopped at the air port, I intend to repay the loan from overseas. Any comments/help?
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:00 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa to be cancelled, leaving Dubai......

Get out of the country NOW and once safe at home, call your bank and tell them you intend to continue payment from overseas. Make the payments from overseas.

Just get out of the country NOW.

Originally Posted by Rosebud
Have been terminated recently and my employer wants to cancel my visa. Have a loan with a bank and owe money on credit cards, have been paying the instalments regularly with no default. Now have an opportunity to get a job out side the UAE. If I have my visa cancelled and want to leave would I be stopped at the air port, I intend to repay the loan from overseas. Any comments/help?
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:10 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Get out of the country NOW and once safe at home, call your bank and tell them you intend to continue payment from overseas. Make the payments from overseas.

the bank account may be frozen once final salaries are paid in
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:18 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

The OP does not say they are going home just that they have a job outside the UAE,
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Rosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ethos83

Thanks for your comments. Not sure if you mean I should get out now with my visa cancelled or not, since if I cancel I could be stopped at the point of exit (apparantly they run a check against your financial status now at DXB whent departing, so I've been told) and if I leave without cacellation I could be considerd as absconding by my ex-employer. Caught between the devil and the deep blue sea, don't know what route to choose.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for your comments. Not sure if you mean I should get out now with my visa cancelled or not, since if I cancel I could be stopped at the point of exit (apparantly they run a check against your financial status now at DXB whent departing, so I've been told) and if I leave without cacellation I could be considerd as absconding by my ex-employer. Caught between the devil and the deep blue sea, don't know what route to choose.
Huh? Financial status check ? Says who?

Does it also raise suspicion if you depart on a 1 way ticket?
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld

The status check was claimed by my bank clerk, to say that the immigration computers are now linked to the central bank and your name will pop up if you owe money. I am not sure how true it is and could well be a rumour to scare people off. good point I'd buy a retun ticket just incase.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 12:09 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld

Why book 1 way, its more expensive....
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 12:09 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

The status check was claimed by my bank clerk, to say that the immigration computers are now linked to the central bank and your name will pop up if you owe money. I am not sure how true it is and could well be a rumour to scare people off. good point I'd buy a retun ticket just incase.
All I can say is that several people have just left our office owing money for cars and loans, and gone home after being laid off and they were not questioned.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 12:10 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Your bank clerk is just putting the willies up you... For them to have created such a database in such a short space of time is frankly impossible for Dubai...
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 12:15 pm

they couldnt even get the simple ID card systems right and as of yet not introduced chip n pin so they will not have linked the systems to immigration
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
they couldnt even get the simple ID card systems right and as of yet not introduced chip n pin so they will not have linked the systems to immigration
They will have no choice but to change soon, will be a nightmare when they start to change the network, keep all yr money under ur pillow time
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Your bank clerk is just putting the willies up you... For them to have created such a database in such a short space of time is frankly impossible for Dubai...

You wont be stopped at any port unless someone has gone to court and the court has imposed a travel ban.

Thats what I have been told anyway.

Then you need special contacts to sneak you out via Oman.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

innocuous is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no reason to panic if you have not defaulted on any of your installments until now. If you are able to submit proof of your termination to the bank, then i would think they will be able to recover the amount from insurance company, maybe i am wrong but explore this possibility. I have heard similar stories of people being stopped at Dxb immigration, again do not know for sure. I too am in a similar situation, so please keep updating your progress, i will try and do the same from my end.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

I too will let everyone know what happens with me. I have a loan and trying not to let the bank find out that I dont have a job. My visa is not yet cancelled and im planning on leaving the country before they cancel it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.