ETA cannot be replaced by eta requested

Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:33 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light
Default ETA cannot be replaced by eta requested

Hey there,

my mum had this note on her ETA approval...what does it mean?
Old Dec 4th 2007, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ETA cannot be replaced by eta requested

I'm guessing here - does she already have a valid ETA?
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:07 pm
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by louie
I'm guessing here - does she already have a valid ETA?

hmmm yeah but so does my dad and he didnt have that note on his new one...
Old Dec 5th 2007, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz
Hey there,

my mum had this note on her ETA approval...what does it mean?
It does sound like what on any other visa would be a condition 8503 No Further Stay. Your mum should call the DIAC on 131881 to clarify.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:42 am
Melbourne Rock City

Originally Posted by Pollyana
It may be something like a "No further stay" clause. Hopefully one of the agents will see this and be able to answer, but I think it sounds like she already has a valid ETA and they will not issue a new one for some reason. You say your dad has a new one, so are they already here? And did she apply for it within AUstralia or outside? You may need to contact DIAC for clarification.
They are at the airport in germany as we speak ! They applied for the ETA in germany a couple of days ago....very weird. I hope they wont cause any dramas.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:33 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

They are at the airport in germany as we speak ! They applied for the ETA in germany a couple of days ago....very weird. I hope they wont cause any dramas.
Was she applying for an ETA while already holding an existing ETA? So effectively applying to renew it? Or was she applying from scratch, without one already covering her?
It sound as if she already had one and they refused another one, thus leaving her with the original expiry date. If thats not it, I'm stumped. If they get no problems when entering the country, her ETA will clearly be currently valid, but once they get here I'd take them to your local DIAC office and find out exactly what the position is.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:37 am
Melbourne Rock City

Was she applying for an ETA while already holding an existing ETA? So effectively applying to renew it? Or was she applying from scratch, without one already covering her?
It sound as if she already had one and they refused another one, thus leaving her with the original expiry date. If thats not it, I'm stumped. If they get no problems when entering the country, her ETA will clearly be currently valid, but once they get here I'd take them to your local DIAC office and find out exactly what the position is.
My parents were in march and obviously had a current ETA, since my mum has no idea about how visas etc work, she went to the travel agent, booked their flights and I believe the travel agent tried to get a new ETA for them....I dont know, I asked her why she applied for a new visa, she just didnt know that her first visa was still valid...Im sure it will be all good.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

That's probably what it was. Perhaps you can't get an ETA while you still have an extant one. Do make sure she knows when the one she has expires though, won't you?
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:54 am
Melbourne Rock City

Originally Posted by AHamm
That's probably what it was. Perhaps you can't get an ETA while you still have an extant one. Do make sure she knows when the one she has expires though, won't you?
:-) Will do....thanks guys. She checked in in germany at the airport so its all good with her visa.....
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Good stuff.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 12:41 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AHamm
You can get them to overlap. I applied for a new one once when mine still had a month left on it, and had no problem.My mate has done a similar thing. Maybe there is some reason for a no further stay clause?
Rubblediekatz, keep us posted when you find the answer, please
Old Dec 5th 2007, 7:30 pm
Melbourne Rock City

You can get them to overlap. I applied for a new one once when mine still had a month left on it, and had no problem.My mate has done a similar thing. Maybe there is some reason for a no further stay clause?
Rubblediekatz, keep us posted when you find the answer, please
Ive done the same heapls of times...anyway, I probably wont find out what happend anyway...very weird indeed...
Old Dec 5th 2007, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Ive done the same heapls of times...anyway, I probably wont find out what happend anyway...very weird indeed...

When you apply on-line and the system recognises you have valid ETA already, it asks you do you wish to proceed and cancel the existing one - if you tick no to that, no new ETA would be issued and maybe this message would come up. So you just need to be sure that they did get a new approved ETA in case the old one is still in force and expires before they travel.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:34 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by welshtony
When you apply on-line and the system recognises you have valid ETA already, it asks you do you wish to proceed and cancel the existing one - if you tick no to that, no new ETA would be issued and maybe this message would come up. So you just need to be sure that they did get a new approved ETA in case the old one is still in force and expires before they travel.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Thanks for that Tony - yes I do remember there being a questino about whether you really want to replace the current ETA.
Too late to do it before they travel, it seems they only applied 2 days before travel, and when the question was posted they were at the airport! We shall have to wait and see what happens when they get here........
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:22 pm
Melbourne Rock City

Ill keep you guys posted....they are arriving tonight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.