Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Dec 14th 2010, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Default AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Following LinsyPinsy's advice, here's a new thread...

Old Dec 14th 2010, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
Following LinsyPinsy's advice, here's a new thread...

If only my husband would listen to my fabulous advice as well...haha

Good luck all xxx

lns
Old Dec 14th 2010, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

I've just noticed your dog - cool! It doesn't look as annoyed as ours
Old Dec 14th 2010, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

I've just noticed your dog - cool! It doesn't look as annoyed as ours
<snigger>
If I have to put tinsel on my crutches...the dog'll have tinsel round her neck!!! I'm not going to be the only numpty in the house
Old Dec 14th 2010, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

Hi, I was following the 'June/July' thread but I got my AOR in August so this thread will be better for me (although I will continue to check the other thread to see if we get a sign that things are starting to move).

I'm finding this waiting game very frustrating. It seemed that when we sent our documents off to NS last December, we would have our visas by now at the latest. Now our consultant is saying it's around 11 months from when the CIC receive the application. I'd also love to know why the CIC received our application in June but we only received an AOR at the end of August, where others have received theirs within days. There is no logic to this process!!

Do I dare to hope that we'll receive PR in 2011???
Old Dec 14th 2010, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Unfortunately I think it's about 13 months from when the CHC receive it (not CIC in NS), so it's still a bit of a wait...
Old Dec 14th 2010, 10:31 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of
Red face Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by beckybev
Hi, I was following the 'June/July' thread but I got my AOR in August so this thread will be better for me (although I will continue to check the other thread to see if we get a sign that things are starting to move).

I'm finding this waiting game very frustrating. It seemed that when we sent our documents off to NS last December, we would have our visas by now at the latest. Now our consultant is saying it's around 11 months from when the CIC receive the application. I'd also love to know why the CIC received our application in June but we only received an AOR at the end of August, where others have received theirs within days. There is no logic to this process!!

Do I dare to hope that we'll receive PR in 2011???
Hi all,

Was just gonna start this thread when I realise it was already here!!

As you can see from us signature, we received our AOR dated 9th Sept, having applied pre-the June changes. My initial thoughs based on what others were experiencing was that we may hear something in 4-6 months.

However I have to admit now that I have changed my whole stance on things. I'm not hoping to hear anything before May...and anything I was probably putting on hold "because we might hear about Canada" is totally out of the window - specifically, changing teams at work and booking our trip to Canada in May. Before hand, I was always thinking i'd just hang on, 'just in case', however now it's full steam ahead. Not doing owt stupid like taking out 3yrs worth of HP or similar, but still making short term plans and carrying on 'as normal'. i.e. booking 7th-27th May AND making changes at work

Feels a bit like waiting for your numbers to come up on the Premium Bonds, you just never know when or if it's gonna happen

Really interested to hear how others are getting on who received their AOR's around this time.

Katie
Old Dec 14th 2010, 10:58 pm
pfw
Forum Regular

pfw is an unknown quantity at this point

Our timescale is below. I'm in the process of renewing my TWP as it expires March 2011.

I'm not expecting any progress in the app until well into next year, and assuming that we won't have PR until summer/Autumn 2011. It's less of an issue for us as we are already here but it does affect long term planning, buying houses etc., and if for any reason we are rejected I'd like to know ASAP...
Old Dec 15th 2010, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Am I a bit silly for hoping that I'll go into process by the end of January?

It'll be 5 months since AOR by then...

Old Dec 15th 2010, 10:24 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of
Talking Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Am I a bit silly for hoping that I'll go into process by the end of January?

It'll be 5 months since AOR by then...

Hi rubberduckofdeath!

Your AOR was received 2 weeks before ours....my initial thoughts were, we may hear something between Jan-Mar, but now I'm errring on the side of caution and not expecting anything until March onwards.

I don't think you're silly, just a bit hopeful

Katie
Old Dec 15th 2010, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Hi All

rubberduckofdeath thanks for starting our very own thread here.
As someone else already said i will also keep tabs on the may/june thread just to see how things are progressing.......yeah not much happening at all at the mo for anyone hey?

We are kind of hoping for a move over in the Spring.

time will tell for all of us. there seems to be no logic in this process whatsoever.

Our house is on the market right now, no movement there either.
I guess it will all happen at once for us. I hope......

to us all

Sharon
Old Dec 15th 2010, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

Hi heading-west, our house is on the market too. Although we've been told by the estate agent there has been lots of requests for brochures, as yet no viewings. It feels like the whole world has slowed down, doesn't do much for my patience levels.
Anyway, I'm going to enjoy Christmas and hope that we hear something soon.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

My house is also going on the market in the new year, fingers crossed it'll be sold and gone within 6 months or so. My fiancee and I are planning to go to Canada either on a BUNAC style visa or as PRs in July.

Sounds like everyone's very busy on this thread!

Old Dec 15th 2010, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

We havent stopped looking at mls.ca in recent months.

we thought we had found the area we wanted to live in (Cape Breton Island) but opened up our options a bit wider and found a real potential in Queens County NS.

my hope is that if this listing is for us then it will still be there when we land.
Oh my poor fingers are crossed so tightly!!!!
Old Dec 15th 2010, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

I think I've spent the last two years stuck to mls.ca and google maps. We went for our second reccie in August and have narrowed our search down to about 6 or 7 streets in one town (we'd consider others but love this particular neighbourhood). It was so great to see the town in the flesh rather than on the internet.
Fingers crossed that we all get the results we want!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.