March 2008 Applicants

Old Mar 2nd 2008, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future
Default March 2008 Applicants

Hi All,

Thought might as well start this off and see who else is in same position. We are just waiting on my passport arriving this week (can't believe it had expired and didn't realise) feel th epanic setting in when i think about all the hurdles but i really want a change at this tim ein may life- 33, 16yr old and 11yr old and hubbie. Going for 457 Visa, got eligibility assessment complete from Australian Association of Social Workers.

ANG
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

helsbells79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: March 2008 Applicants

Well, I too am a march 2008 applicant. My husband and I submitted our 175 online visa application yesterday. Although we've found a lot of useful info on this site, it has made me realise we might be in for a bit of a wait...and I'm not too good at waiting!

Anway, my hubby and I are hoping to move to Sydney...so fingers crossed!!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Lanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: March 2008 Applicants

Hi both

We have also joined the March 08 applicants club by submitting our online 176 Visa on 1st March.

Now the waiting really begins............

Lanners
Old Mar 14th 2008, 11:39 pm
ClairePagani

Pagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nice

Hi, am also a social worker. Looking to go to Queensland due to relocation package they are offering. Where do you think you are headed?
Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Probably around the Townsville / Cairns area. They certainly seemed to think plenty of posts yesterday when they told me i was successful. Have you applied for your skills assessment from Aust Assoc Social Work yet? Where are you thinking of, have you got interview etc sorted?
Old Mar 15th 2008, 12:39 pm
ClairePagani

Pagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nice

Had my interview yesterday and I was successful. Put down a few locations of choice. Didn't put down Cairns as I'm not sure I could handle the heat! Keen on Hervey Bay and was advised there should be a vacancy there or nearby. Just waiting on the job offers coming in now before we make the final decision. Pay seems Ok and relocation assistance is great
Old Mar 15th 2008, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Did you have interview in Glasgow?
Old Mar 15th 2008, 5:37 pm
ClairePagani

Yes, yesterday morning. Are you from Glasgow
Old Mar 15th 2008, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

BearFamily will become famous soon enough
Question Re: March 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by Pagani-Rennox
Hi, am also a social worker. Looking to go to Queensland due to relocation package they are offering. Where do you think you are headed?
hiya, do you know if there is any such "relocation package" for Welfare Workers? Although I have received a successful skills assessment through from the AIWCW we are actually applying on my husbands qualifications as a Metal Machinist First Class, we are supposed to be going on a 457 and our agent will put in the application for a PR a the same time the 457 is lodged but it's just taking too long for him to get a job offerwould be great if there was a quicker way of going.

Got any suggestions? Anyone?

regards Angela
Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:33 pm
Pie Eater

coolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud of

As a March applicant I'm wondering if anyone it waiting to 'attach' their Police checks and Medicals?

If, so, how long should we wait? The Medicals can be done quickly but I hear that the Police checks take 40 days!

I read somewhere to leave it around 8 weeks then send off both the medicals and police checks.

What are peoples thoughts??
Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Strathclyde Police advise to allow up to 40days, I sent mine on the 5th and have been advised that normally only takes 20 days approx. So here's hoping, will post and let you know when i get mine through so that you can get timescale ideas
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

BroomeChick will become famous soon enough

I am awaiting news from Teaching Australia (submitted forms 3 weeks ago). Then my application is ready for sending. I'm hoping to be a March applicant too.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 8:52 pm
ClairePagani

Originally Posted by BearFamily
hiya, do you know if there is any such "relocation package" for Welfare Workers? Although I have received a successful skills assessment through from the AIWCW we are actually applying on my husbands qualifications as a Metal Machinist First Class, we are supposed to be going on a 457 and our agent will put in the application for a PR a the same time the 457 is lodged but it's just taking too long for him to get a job offerwould be great if there was a quicker way of going.

Got any suggestions? Anyone?

regards Angela
Go to Queensland Health web sit and click on the WorkforUs tab. Submit an expression of interest with CV and see if you get asked for an interview. Mental Health services are doing interviews now but will also be coming back to the UK in October for more. Also look through all the current vacancies on the website. I think you need a professional qualification before they will consider you.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

BearFamily will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pagani-Rennox
Go to Queensland Health web sit and click on the WorkforUs tab. Submit an expression of interest with CV and see if you get asked for an interview. Mental Health services are doing interviews now but will also be coming back to the UK in October for more. Also look through all the current vacancies on the website. I think you need a professional qualification before they will consider you.
Thanks so much! I will have a look. I have been assessed as a Welfare Worker which is a professional Qualification over there and 60 points.

regards Angela
Old Mar 17th 2008, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

THORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to all

Hello Everyone

We too are March applicants (well soon will be)
We have been waiting for ever for me and my 2 boys new passports to arrive. Thankfully they arrived last week so we have had all documents certified and sent them special delivery to our agent on Friday. I have checked with Post office and they where delivered today. I dont want to mither agent but wish they would let us know if everything Ok and that they have sent visa application off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.