Help Pls

Old Apr 21st 2008, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

markraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant future
Default Help Pls

Im a Truck Driver and moving to NZ in Sept.

I want the work to residence permit so i can get residence after 2 years.

but i looked on Immigration website and it confusing.

Is the wtr the one i apply for when i get job offer or do i need a work permit for 2 years then apply for wtr

Also on the website it says job as to be on the long term shotage list but i think truck driving is on the immidate list. CAn someone help

All help will be great. I printed all info and forms out and now i need new ink cartridge. Ive got the medicals, nzis forms etc.

Please Help

p.s. im still reading it and found out i might be able to apply under talent?

Last edited by markraynes; Apr 21st 2008 at 1:27 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help Pls

youapply for a work visa for 2 years and tick the wtr box that gets you the work visa and then on arrival in nz they give you the work permit, you need a solid job offer first though and the wage has to be over $45,000 or $50,000 a year ( i think), something like that anyway, hope this helps and im sure someone will be along shortly to give you more info.

we are doing the wtr route and have meds tomorrow, even though you have printed out the forms make sure you dont book any meds or do police checks before you get the job as they are only valid for so long.

good luck

gina
Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:08 pm
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light

To get WTR your job has to pay a minimum $50,000 for a 40 hour week. Overtime does not figure in that total and it cannot be acheived with joint wages. As a truck driver you are very unlikely to get that figure so the best thing is to keep re-applying when your work visa comes to an end and hope that the rules someday change
Old Apr 21st 2008, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wimpy
To get WTR your job has to pay a minimum $50,000 for a 40 hour week. Overtime does not figure in that total and it cannot be acheived with joint wages. As a truck driver you are very unlikely to get that figure so the best thing is to keep re-applying when your work visa comes to an end and hope that the rules someday change
An HGV driver can earn up to $75k per year, depending on class he has, if it is UK class 1 then there is a good possibility that the $50k ish would be met easily
Old Apr 21st 2008, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

markraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by alanmacc
An HGV driver can earn up to $75k per year, depending on class he has, if it is UK class 1 then there is a good possibility that the $50k ish would be met easily
it is class 1 .
u know any companys
Old Apr 21st 2008, 10:48 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by alanmacc
Brilliant news for the several truckies on temporary work permits , hoping to somehow gain PR . Which companies are paying this?

For WTR Mark, the job offer must be $50K per annum for a 40 hour week.

If you find a job offer trucking driving which is paying under $50 per annum, then you can apply for a work visa to get you started. Please be aware that you will need the $50K pa for a 40 hour week to then go onto apply for Work to Residence.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 11:01 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

I remember hearing Fonterra were one of the better payers for truck driving.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 5:35 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Mark,

Brandz is advertising in Auckland, saying they will give drivers WTR,its on trade me at the mo, aso United Carriers advertising, they are accredited and pay well, so could possibly get you WTR.

Good luck.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

suzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nice

Hi guys. That's good to know. Will ear mark this thread and show it to hubby when he gets back from work tonight.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:34 am
Just Joined

paddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nice

Hi guys
I'm also a newby applying for WP any info would be fantastic
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by southerner
I remember hearing Fonterra were one of the better payers for truck driving.
only looking at companys on accredited list so i can get residency. got 3 companys in mind who pay over the $50k required