Some advise please..

Old Jul 20th 2007, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold
Default Some advise please..

Hello All, so im looking to work / live in NZ with my family. Ive found my trade on the immediate shortage skills list. Can someone give me a quick guide as to how the NZ visa/ pr system works, where to look etc please. Many thanks.

Regards, Gary.

Last edited by Wessa; Jul 20th 2007 at 1:48 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

johnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to all
Default Re: Some advise please..

Hi Wessa,Heres a brief rundown,

EOI (Expression of Interest)
Before you can apply to Migrate to New Zealand under the Skilled Migrant Category you need to fill out an Expression of Interest form which Immigration New Zealand looks at and lets you know if it is worth applying for residency. This was introduced because tens of thousands of people who had no chance of ever getting a visa made applications, sent in reams of documents and clogged up the system. If Immigration New Zealand believes you have a chance they will send you an Invitation to Apply.

THE POOL
Once you have lodged an Expression of Interest your form goes into the POOL. The Skilled Migrant Category works on a Points System where you are allocated a certain number of points for your age, profession, years of experience in that profession and a few other areas. Depending on how many points you have been allocated you will either be pulled from the pool and issued an Invitation to Apply, sent a decline letter or left in the pool if potentially eligible while people with more points are selected in priority over you. If you have not been pulled out of the pool by the end of 6 months a decision will be taken on your behalf by Immigration New Zealand which may result in an ITA or Decline letter.

ITA (Invitation to Apply)
Under the Immigration New Zealand system, you do not apply for residency, you are invited to apply. An ITA is the second step in the application process and here you must provide all the documentation that proves what you have said in your initial Expression of Interest. If you meet the criteria for residency which includes health, character and in certain cases professional experience and/or a suitable job offer an Immigration Officer can recommend your application be approved.However when you receive notice from immigration New Zealand inviting you to apply (ITA) it does not mean that you have been granted a Visa or permit. All it means is that based on the information you have supplied you MAY be eligible to migrate and they are inviting you to give more details so that they can fully asses your application.

SMC (Skilled Migrant Category)
The Skilled Migrant Category is the most common category for people wishing to migrate permanently to New Zealand. This category is for those whose professional experience and/or qualifications match those of the current needs of New Zealand and who are deemed to be skilled by Immigration New Zealand.

PR
PR is the commonly used abbreviation for Permanent Residency. Permanent residency means you have met specific criteria set by Immigration New Zealand and have the right to reside permanently in New Zealand.

LTSSL (Long-term skills shortage list)
The LTSSL is a list of occupations that have been assessed by Immigration New Zealand as being in short supply in New Zealand and likely to be so in the long-term. If your occupation is on the LLTSSL you may be entitled to more points towards your application.

ISSL (Immediate Skills Shortage List)
This is the recognised list of occupations that Immigration New Zealand has deemed are currently required by New Zealand but that are unlikely to continue in the long-term. A position that is on the ISSL does not necessarily mean that the position is “Skilled”

SKILLED OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT
In order to migrate to New Zealand under the Skilled Migrant category, the vast majority of people require a “Skilled Offer of Employment”. Skilled in this sense refers to occupations/professions that Immigration New Zealand have classified as occupations requiring sufficient skill, training, experience and/or expertise. Their list is prescribed and not readily available to the public so be careful when self-assessing your current occupation as skilled.

Work Permit/Work Visa
If you wish to work in New Zealand temporarily, you must hold a valid work permit, issued by Immigration New Zealand. A Work Permit is issued to people who have already entered the country legally on a tourist visa for example and find work. A Work Visa is issued to people who are outside New Zealand when they receive an offer of employment and who wish to enter and work in New Zealand legally.

WTR (Work to Residence)
This category is relevant to people who wish to migrate to New Zealand, who are entitled to a work permit and do not have enough points to apply for Permanent Residency but are likely to have enough points by obtaining an offer of employment that is skilled.

So there you go.I,m sure I,ve missed some stuff but check out the NZIS website
Old Jul 20th 2007, 4:15 pm
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Information should be able to be found here:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/
Old Jul 20th 2007, 9:35 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Or you can just ask this bunch of nutters
Old Jul 21st 2007, 1:51 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Johnnz:

Mate, that's an excellent post. I reckon it should be a sticky.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

johnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to all

Thanks for the comments Happynz,appreciate your feedback.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Johnnz, thanks very much for that post..Better than i expected.
Thanks all.. I will be back to ask again Nutters!.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 6:54 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

John, any chance you could pop that in the wiki? Brill and concise, thank you!
Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:04 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Stuck it is
Old Jul 27th 2007, 8:17 am
Just Joined

debbyandmark will become famous soon enoughdebbyandmark will become famous soon enough

hi all, anyone know what the timeframe is between being selected from pool and getting the ITA (... or knockback!). We got selected from the pool at the start of June and still haven't heard anything....

thanks
Old Jul 27th 2007, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

So if ive found a job im skilled in on the issl how do i check that my quals match what is required in NZ?.
This job however is not what im currently doing but what i used to do for years.
So, can i also check somewhere if my current job/skill will match the required level in NZ hich i was planning to do for a living ?
Ta
Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:47 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wessa
So if ive found a job im skilled in on the issl how do i check that my quals match what is required in NZ?.
This job however is not what im currently doing but what i used to do for years.
So, can i also check somewhere if my current job/skill will match the required level in NZ hich i was planning to do for a living ?
Ta

Hiya Wessa

To find out all the above info, look at this link. All the relevant bits are in the panel down the right hand side.

HTH

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...killedmigrant/
Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks kev&sarah, im sure i'l be back to ask something silly..
Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:54 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by debbyandmark
hi all, anyone know what the timeframe is between being selected from pool and getting the ITA (... or knockback!). We got selected from the pool at the start of June and still haven't heard anything....

thanks

Hi Debbyandmark

Welcome to BE

In answer to your question; it depends!!

Do you have a job offer??

If the answer is yes then generally, you get fast tracked through. If not then I'm afraid it can take longer. If you look at some peoples 'signature' they actually show their timeline to date.

I suggest that a phone call or email to immigration may be an idea, just in case you are sat in 'a pile'. Several people seem to have had that problem recently. A phone call seems to have produced a result in most cases
Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

so having a job when applying for pr helps?. It seems a long way round, going out there to get a job on the chance of acceptence or am i missing something here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.