Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

: Is a Notura same as a solicitor ? :

: Is a Notura same as a solicitor ? :

Old Jun 24th 2007, 9:46 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute
Default : Is a Notura same as a solicitor ? :

I have been advised that a Notora does similar job to a Solicitor and makes sure that all house deeds are correct and that moneys and deeds are changed over at the point of sale , is this right ?
Or do you forget the Notora and just have a solicitor ?

I think its actually called a Notorio ?
Old Jun 24th 2007, 9:59 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: : Is a Notura same as a solicitor ? :

Originally Posted by Big Pete
I have been advised that a Notora does similar job to a Solicitor and makes sure that all house deeds are correct and that moneys and deeds are changed over at the point of sale , is this right ?

Hi Pete,

A Notario is a Notary Public. I've copied the following paragraph from the link below:

In Spain a Notario is a qualified public servant whose main function is to ensure and certify that all matters brought before him for signature are legal. He is not there to guard your interests. He will not tell you that something within a document "is not in your interest" if it is quite legal.
On the other hand he will refuse to notarise anything that is not fully legal. If you do not understand fully what a Notario tells you, say so. It is too late to complain after a document has been Notarised.

Check out this website for more info:

http://www.practicalspain.com/Property.htm

P.S. Read your update, great news and congratulations

Last edited by MnM; Jun 24th 2007 at 10:02 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 10:05 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM
Hi Pete,

A Notario is a Notary Public. I've copied the following paragraph from the link below:

In Spain a Notario is a qualified public servant whose main function is to ensure and certify that all matters brought before him for signature are legal. He is not there to guard your interests. He will not tell you that something within a document "is not in your interest" if it is quite legal.
On the other hand he will refuse to notarise anything that is not fully legal. If you do not understand fully what a Notario tells you, say so. It is too late to complain after a document has been Notarised.

Check out this website for more info:

http://www.practicalspain.com/Property.htm

P.S. Read your update, great news and congratulations

Thanks for that ,
So in essence if the Notario checks the deeds and contracts and signs it all , its legal i guess . So you wouldnt need a solicitor i guess .. As the money is only exchanged at the same time as the Notary signs it off ?
Old Jun 24th 2007, 10:12 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that ,
So in essence if the Notario checks the deeds and contracts and signs it all , its legal i guess . So you wouldnt need a solicitor i guess .. As the money is only exchanged at the same time as the Notary signs it off ?
The Notario checks the deeds and contracts to see that you are who you are and the seller is who he says he is, that the correct amount of money mentioned in the sale/purchase exchanges hands, etc., etc.

I would strongly recommend you hire a solicitor to do all the background checks on the property & deeds, ie that there are no outstanding debts on the property, the M2 is correct, that that the owner is actually the owner and not 1 of 8 owners, etc., etc.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 10:19 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by MnM
The Notario checks the deeds and contracts to see that you are who you are and the seller is who he says he is, that the correct amount of money mentioned in the sale/purchase exchanges hands, etc., etc.

I would strongly recommend you hire a solicitor to do all the background checks on the property & deeds, ie that there are no outstanding debts on the property, the M2 is correct, that that the owner is actually the owner and not 1 of 8 owners, etc., etc.
Already had the deeds checked no charges ,clean title just the old boy owns it ,, It just seems so simple to buy a place there

No major flaffing around , you pay a deposit then you get your dosh go to a Notario and swap money for the property easy peasy or what ??
Why dont us brits do that ? Not rocket science is it ? Just like buying a car , Theres your money and theres the logbook
Old Jun 24th 2007, 10:52 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Already had the deeds checked no charges ,clean title just the old boy owns it ,, It just seems so simple to buy a place there

No major flaffing around , you pay a deposit then you get your dosh go to a Notario and swap money for the property easy peasy or what ??
Why dont us brits do that ? Not rocket science is it ? Just like buying a car , Theres your money and theres the logbook
what happens if he takes a loan against the property 2 days before you go to the notary?
Old Jun 24th 2007, 11:11 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
what happens if he takes a loan against the property 2 days before you go to the notary?
Well i reckon a check should be made just before signing and changeover , as this is available online immediately , so the Halifax Spa building society told me ..

Unless i am mis informed ?
Old Jun 24th 2007, 11:12 pm
Banned

I must confess it all seems to damn easy though ?? worrying u know ..
Old Jun 25th 2007, 5:31 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
As that case in the paper, where they took out two 30,000 loans by delaying the exchange and the buyers not checking again. ;-((
Old Jun 25th 2007, 6:32 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Well i reckon a check should be made just before signing and changeover , as this is available online immediately , so the Halifax Spa building society told me ..

Unless i am mis informed ?

No, you´re right.

www.registradores.org.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 7:09 am

glad 2 b back is an unknown quantity at this point

No, and don't assume that if anything is wrong with the deeds (or you have a dodgy solicitor) that you will told before you hand over your money. Talking from experience here
Old Jun 25th 2007, 7:10 am

glad 2 b back is an unknown quantity at this point

obviously you have yet to buy a car in Spain
Old Jun 25th 2007, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

lost in spain will become famous soon enough

We went through a reputable solicitor and a notary and have ended up with a property we cant sell.

We were told everything was fine with the paperwork. If the property you are buying is on rural land and anyone mentions the words segregation to you then run to the hills screaming and dont look back....
Old Jun 25th 2007, 7:31 pm
Banned

I take all your advice on board but the agent seems to think its all easy peasy and even the Halifax Mortgage guy has made it sound so simple .
Old Jun 25th 2007, 7:36 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

I take all your advice on board but the agent seems to think its all easy peasy and even the Halifax Mortgage guy has made it sound so simple .

As long as you know what you are doing it is easy peasy. It´s simpler than in the UK anyway. Emphasis has to be on the "know what you are doing" though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.