Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

bought the St Johns Wort or whatever

bought the St Johns Wort or whatever

Old Jun 12th 2007, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Red Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of light
Default bought the St Johns Wort or whatever

I have bought this as it has been recommended by many of you, hopefully take some tonight before I pick up my family from Brisbane airport tomorrow, they went to UK for a month to way up things, and it looks as though they are stopping here in Aus, which I wholeheartedly detest, I must not breakdown, I must be strong.

Anyway applying for citizenship, then I am out of here, I will be on here more often because things are just not going my way.
Old Jun 12th 2007, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: bought the St Johns Wort or whatever

ps,

for the ladies, remember st john wort interferes with the contraceptive pill. If it was not for that i would be on it too, have used it before and it was good.

sj x
Old Jun 12th 2007, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Red Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by thomas and sarahjayne
ps,

for the ladies, remember st john wort interferes with the contraceptive pill. If it was not for that i would be on it too, have used it before and it was good.

sj x
st johns wood, sleeping tablets, wine and fags all help

I am getting really desparate, nobody to call or turn to.

I can see me getting off the flight at Manchester and thinking where now.
Old Jun 12th 2007, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Dear, you sound so desperate
Is there anyway you can take yourself off for a few days just for some time out on your own to sort your head out a bit, recharge the batteries?
Even if its a hotel up the road - just somewhere for a bit of space to think things through in your head.
Cant think of anything to say, except i totally empathise with you, and hope things turn around for you as they have with other posters on this forum.
How old are the kids?
I think weve all been there with the excess fags, booze, Ads etc - but so long as you see this as a short term solution. You also really need to think about other strategies for coping (maybe see a counsellor?) as you must please try to stay strong and that means looking after yourself.
take care
c
Old Jun 12th 2007, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chance to be
Oh Dear, you sound so desperate
Is there anyway you can take yourself off for a few days just for some time out on your own to sort your head out a bit, recharge the batteries?
Even if its a hotel up the road - just somewhere for a bit of space to think things through in your head.
Cant think of anything to say, except i totally empathise with you, and hope things turn around for you as they have with other posters on this forum.
How old are the kids?
I think weve all been there with the excess fags, booze, Ads etc - but so long as you see this as a short term solution. You also really need to think about other strategies for coping (maybe see a counsellor?) as you must please try to stay strong and that means looking after yourself.
take care
c
thanks for your post, I'm sure things will sort out, no in fact things won't sort themselves out.

so many of you have given so much support to megansmummy, it may be my turn now.
Old Jun 12th 2007, 11:42 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I hate those feelings where you cant see the wood for the trees, cant prioritise what to do first in order to recifity it.

It must be horrible for you and I think the only thing you can do is take one day at a time, and hopefully when you have a clear moment, some kind of answer will come to you as sometimes in life, taking a step back enables you to make a clearer choice, although not necessarily an easier one.

Just wish I could help.
Old Jun 12th 2007, 9:53 pm
I'll have a double double

dozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Red Pops
I have bought this as it has been recommended by many of you, hopefully take some tonight before I pick up my family from Brisbane airport tomorrow, they went to UK for a month to way up things, and it looks as though they are stopping here in Aus, which I wholeheartedly detest, I must not breakdown, I must be strong.

Anyway applying for citizenship, then I am out of here, I will be on here more often because things are just not going my way.
The citizenship thing is smart, but I think there have been enough proven test already that state there is no benefit to St John's Wort...Excercise is better to be honest.

rgds

John
Old Jun 12th 2007, 11:36 pm
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dozy_muppet03
but I think there have been enough proven test already that state there is no benefit to St John's Wort...Excercise is better to be honest.

rgds

John

why why oh why???????

do you think this is helpful?

oh im not even going to waste my time......................
Old Jun 13th 2007, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

englishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandtooz
why why oh why???????

i finally get it !!! he reckons he's a comedian !!!!
Old Jun 13th 2007, 12:48 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Red Pops
thanks for your post, I'm sure things will sort out, no in fact things won't sort themselves out.

so many of you have given so much support to megansmummy, it may be my turn now.
*HUG*

Remember that circumstances change all the time. Nothing lasts forever
Old Jun 13th 2007, 1:27 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

why why oh why???????

Muppet would be quite right depending on the severity of the depression although St Johns could possibly help with a mild case.

Booze is a depressant therefore steering clear of that and definately getting more excersise would be more helpful.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 1:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dozy_muppet03
The citizenship thing is smart, but I think there have been enough proven test already that state there is no benefit to St John's Wort...Excercise is better to be honest.

rgds

John
Have you any experience of SJW? I have...I was depressed...I don't know how severe it was because I wouldn't go to the doctors. I stayed in bed under the covers as long as I could because I didn't want to face the day. When I eventually got up all I could do was sit and cry. I took SJW and the next day I felt like my old self again.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 1:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thomas and sarahjayne
ps,

sj x
It can also interfere with certain anaesthetics if you need surgery. It's recommended you stop taking it a week before surgery. The only problem is if you have to have an emergency surgery...
Old Jun 13th 2007, 1:54 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
It can also interfere with certain anaesthetics if you need surgery. It's recommended you stop taking it a week before surgery. The only problem is if you have to have an emergency surgery...

hello, iv never heard of this and im medically trained, would love to know where this info has come from so i can read up on it, could be interesting
Old Jun 13th 2007, 1:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

hello, iv never heard of this and im medically trained, would love to know where this info has come from so i can read up on it, could be interesting
It is a question asked by all anaesethiologists before surgery here, has been for some time.
There are numerous articles on line if you look.

I'm medically trained as well and have spent some time in surgery as a scrub nurse so have heard the question asked often

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/HEALTH/...rbs/index.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.