Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Old May 3rd 2005, 3:38 pm
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice
Default Just how many of us have house up for sale?

I am just in the process of finding an estate agent to put our house on the market. In so many threads house selling/waiting is mentioned and I was curious just how many of us actually had houses for sale in our bid to get to australia. So as the politicians say sign up and let us find the real figures .

No just interested/nosey in how many of us there are.

Nicky
Old May 3rd 2005, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Originally Posted by halflinggirl2000
I am just in the process of finding an estate agent to put our house on the market. In so many threads house selling/waiting is mentioned and I was curious just how many of us actually had houses for sale in our bid to get to australia. So as the politicians say sign up and let us find the real figures .

Nicky

As you can see from my earlier post, we have accepted and offer today after being on the market since October..Very slow but there are buyers out there...

Our estate agent told us that a very high proportion of their clients are emigrating.... surprise surprise!!!
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:06 pm
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough

Nicky
House been up for sale since Christmas. No offers and just a hanfull of viewers in that time(no more than 10) out of these probably about 1 serious buyer and around 9 complete time wasters just coming round for a nose if they even bothered to turn up at all.

Completely frustrated and pi**ed off. Dropped the price 3 times now was originally £160,000 now £148,500 and probably likely to continue to drop. Can't afford to keep dropping the price as we're not going to be able to afford to go if we drop it much more.

May have to consider selling a kidney soon.
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:08 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

add me to the list
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:09 pm
J+J
Small Member

J+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant future

We've also just accepted an offer on our house, which is a huge relief seeing as we leave in 40 days.
Good luck with your sale
Jo
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Put us down ( don't even think of it )
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

tracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura about

Nicky
Hi Nicky

Our house has been on the market for 2 months now and only had 2 viewings, neither were in a position to even sell theirs yet.

We've just changed agents and are going to drop the price this week. Hopefully that will bring us more viewings.

Got visas 2 weeks ago but stuck here til house sells and am getting really frustrated!

Just have to be patient a bit longer!

Good luck to everyone selling houses

Tracy
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:16 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Nicky
ours has been up 3 weeks, and had 3 viewers. however, we have only just submitted out TRA, so we are taking a chance, banking on the slow housing market.

michelle
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

STEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud of

Put my house on the market thinking the market was very slow. Listened to the advice of the estate agent ?, sold the house to the first person ,full asking price,so i do think the market is picking up.Going to rent for the time being ,if we cant get our visas we will down size.Gamble i know
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:22 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by STEVE&TERRI
Put my house on the market thinking the market was very slow. Listened to the advice of the estate agent ?, sold the house to the first person ,full asking price,so i do think the market is picking up.Going to rent for the time being ,if we cant get our visas we will down size.Gamble i know
glad we are not the only ones taking a chance......

i don't know what we would do if a viewer did that.....

at what stage are you guys at? we said we would rent if needs be, my parents think we are nutters, giving up 'our lovely home'. but.....

good for you

michelle
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Hi

Add us too, been on market about 6 weeks now 2 viewers we need to sell too, to be able to go.

Trying to sell before getting visa, its a risk but one prepared to take.

Good luck lets hope we all get some buyers soon

Chris
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:25 pm
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

Hi everyone.

thanks for the replies, am sending you all house karma, in order may take a while. so to update

for sale = 6
under offer = 2
sold = 1

Nicky
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

island.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant future

Hi everyone.

thanks for the replies, am sending you all house karma, in order may take a while. so to update

for sale = 6
under offer = 2
sold = 1

Nicky
hello nicky, our house has been on the market since last wed. had someone to look and they put an offer in but it was a bit of a joke! stupid estate agent told them we were emigrating. so are hoping they come back with a sensible offer! so your welcome to send me some karma.please!!
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Kevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really nice

Hi everyone.

for sale = 6
under offer = 2
sold = 1

Nicky

We are nearly on the market, does that count?

Just had an estate agent round today, I found it a bit different to when we were selling 9 years ago, when estate agents seemed to be falling over themselves to get properties on the market.

This estate agent did scare me a bit because of all the rubbish about double glazed windows, apparently you need to have permission to have them replaced from 2002 onwards. Luckily the only windows done were replaced years ago, although he said we would have to apply to the council because of our porch which didn't need planning permission when it was put up, we have to have something in writing to that effect.

Hazel
Old May 3rd 2005, 5:09 pm
Happy, happy Visa holders

Location: Back in Huddersfield, after fantastic time in Gold Coast
And&Mez has a spectacular aura aboutAnd&Mez has a spectacular aura aboutAnd&Mez has a spectacular aura about

Hi Nicky
Ours went on last Tues. Had two viewers last week, but found out they were both friends of next-door neighbours and just being nosey! Rang Estate Agent and told them to send legit viewers, had no-one since. We are hoping to be off in Sept. I read on another thread that buyers are waiting till after the election, hope this is true and we all get the viewers flooding in!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.