Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Old May 4th 2012, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

oxide007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

hey guys,

i got a situation here, and im so very upset with this.

my payment have been accepted with successfully provided me with payment receipt and its been already deducted from my bank account. also soon after 10-15min i received the below email.

RE: your Silver Fern Job Search visa application

You have successfully submitted an online application for a Silver Fern Job Search visa. To complete the application process you must send evidence to Immigration New Zealand to show that you meet the requirements to be granted a visa by Saturday, 4 August 2012. You must supply the following documents

but now after checking my email... i found another email saying...
This is an automated message from an unattended mailbox, please do not reply.

Dear !"£$^%

Re: Your application for a Silver Fern Job Search visa
Client Number !"£$^%
Application Number !"£$^%

We regret to advise you of a technical fault that occurred shortly after the Silver Fern Job Search scheme opened on 04 May 2012, and that your application was accepted in error.

This enabled you to submit the form and pay the fee, even though all the places had already been filled. You may have also received an email indicating that you have secured a place for this year’s quota.

Unfortunately, your application cannot be processed.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience of this error. We are arranging for the fee to be refunded to your credit card. We aim for a high level of service and are committed to acknowledging and fixing any mistakes as quickly as possible.

You are welcome to apply again when the quota re-opens about this time next year.

Kind Regards
Immigration New Zealand

what im suppose to do now, just 14hours ago at 10am NZ my application was accepted but now they are rejecting this as wrong accepted this.... i dont what to say.

can some one help me...please
Old May 4th 2012, 7:30 am
Just Joined

tommyhoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2011 & also now for 2012

Hi Oxide 007, the same has happend to me too.Yesterday i got the mail saying that my application was accepted and half an hour back I got another mail saying that my application has not been accepted and it was a mistake .
My application got submitted at exactly 10:10 AM new zealand time yesterday. I had sent a mail to NZIS regarding it and am waiting for their reply. But the problem is that they take about 48 hrs for replying emails.

Also can you check the client ids given in the mails sent to you yesterday and today.Mine was different and also the second mail was a computer generated one.
One reason that i think happend was i had to submit the payment page twice.In the first attempt a message saying page couldn't be loaded was displayed.So again i tried submitting it which went through successfully.

Originally Posted by oxide007
hey guys,

i got a situation here, and im so very upset with this.

my payment have been accepted with successfully provided me with payment receipt and its been already deducted from my bank account. also soon after 10-15min i received the below email.

RE: your Silver Fern Job Search visa application

You have successfully submitted an online application for a Silver Fern Job Search visa. To complete the application process you must send evidence to Immigration New Zealand to show that you meet the requirements to be granted a visa by Saturday, 4 August 2012. You must supply the following documents

but now after checking my email... i found another email saying...
This is an automated message from an unattended mailbox, please do not reply.

Dear !"£$^%

Re: Your application for a Silver Fern Job Search visa
Client Number !"£$^%
Application Number !"£$^%

We regret to advise you of a technical fault that occurred shortly after the Silver Fern Job Search scheme opened on 04 May 2012, and that your application was accepted in error.

This enabled you to submit the form and pay the fee, even though all the places had already been filled. You may have also received an email indicating that you have secured a place for this year’s quota.

Unfortunately, your application cannot be processed.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience of this error. We are arranging for the fee to be refunded to your credit card. We aim for a high level of service and are committed to acknowledging and fixing any mistakes as quickly as possible.

You are welcome to apply again when the quota re-opens about this time next year.

Kind Regards
Immigration New Zealand

what im suppose to do now, just 14hours ago at 10am NZ my application was accepted but now they are rejecting this as wrong accepted this.... i dont what to say.

can some one help me...please
Old May 4th 2012, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Hi tommyhoney,

Well my transaction time was 10:09 am according to payment receipt print out. As soon the payment is successful within 10-15min i received the first email with below details and how to proceed with documentations and all.

e.g
client number 123456
application number 333888

But 4 hours ago received an automated email indicating an error with my visa application and in this automated email it has client number and application number which

e.g.
client number 777220
application number 333888.

Basically the client number is wrong but the application number seems telly. Im very worried about this..... thinking about my kiwi dreams.

tommyhoney, is the same applies to you? Wrong client number but correct application number?

Anyone else having this issue beside tommyhoney and myself?

Cheers,

Originally Posted by tommyhoney
Hi Oxide 007, the same has happend to me too.Yesterday i got the mail saying that my application was accepted and half an hour back I got another mail saying that my application has not been accepted and it was a mistake .
My application got submitted at exactly 10:10 AM new zealand time yesterday. I had sent a mail to NZIS regarding it and am waiting for their reply. But the problem is that they take about 48 hrs for replying emails.

Also can you check the client ids given in the mails sent to you yesterday and today.Mine was different and also the second mail was a computer generated one.
One reason that i think happend was i had to submit the payment page twice.In the first attempt a message saying page couldn't be loaded was displayed.So again i tried submitting it which went through successfully.
Old May 4th 2012, 9:41 am
Just Joined

tommyhoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes oxide007, my client number was different and the application number was same. I think client number should be unique for each accepted application.

oxide007, were you able to pay the application fee without any issues? As i said I had to submit the payment twice using credit card. I think each time application must have got submitted (probably because of this 2 different client numbers were generated).So my one application must have got submitted while the other got rejected. Anyways Iam not sure about it. Let the immigration guys reply to my mail.Will update you if I get anything from them.

Hi tommyhoney,

Well my transaction time was 10:09 am according to payment receipt print out. As soon the payment is successful within 10-15min i received the first email with below details and how to proceed with documentations and all.

e.g
client number 123456
application number 333888

But 4 hours ago received an automated email indicating an error with my visa application and in this automated email it has client number and application number which

e.g.
client number 777220
application number 333888.

Basically the client number is wrong but the application number seems telly. Im very worried about this..... thinking about my kiwi dreams.

tommyhoney, is the same applies to you? Wrong client number but correct application number?

Anyone else having this issue beside tommyhoney and myself?

Cheers,
Old May 4th 2012, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

hi tommyhoney,

the payment process went smooth and there wasnt any hiccups at the payment section, yet 2 different client were generated so im not sure what really went wrong...

Originally Posted by tommyhoney
Yes oxide007, my client number was different and the application number was same. I think client number should be unique for each accepted application.

oxide007, were you able to pay the application fee without any issues? As i said I had to submit the payment twice using credit card. I think each time application must have got submitted (probably because of this 2 different client numbers were generated).So my one application must have got submitted while the other got rejected. Anyways Iam not sure about it. Let the immigration guys reply to my mail.Will update you if I get anything from them.
Old May 4th 2012, 10:40 am
Just Joined

CoopsDeVille is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

hello guys,

I was also 'successful' in making the payment last night and received an initial email confirming this and asking for documents, only to discover one of these error/ rejection emails this moring which was very much like having door slammed in face.

I can't say this relates to any issues with double accessing the payment screen as other people have implied so I guess I will have to wait and see what happens...

Old May 4th 2012, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Me too had the same issue...damn.

Originally Posted by CoopsDeVille
hello guys,

I was also 'successful' in making the payment last night and received an initial email confirming this and asking for documents, only to discover one of these error/ rejection emails this moring which was very much like having door slammed in face.

I can't say this relates to any issues with double accessing the payment screen as other people have implied so I guess I will have to wait and see what happens...

Old May 4th 2012, 11:42 am
Just Joined

maydayshay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CoopsDeVille
hello guys,

Hi everybody
I got rejection letter after 6 hours of confirmation letter like CoopsDeVille, oxide007 and tommyhoney and I think we have to get back our places because it was a system error not our fault. Any one with an idea to follow up this problem?
Old May 4th 2012, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

aiki is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jundan
Basically, with the silver fern visa the employer doesn't have to prove that they were unable to fill the post with a kiwi... whereas with a WHV if you apply for a job and there is a suitable kiwi who also applies for the job then they would be given preference for it (is my understanding in any case).

For me this is really important as I work in Human Resources which isn't on the skills shortage list, so any job I applied for I would only be considered if there were no suitable new zealander applicants, cutting the chances down significantly... I need to work in HR to be able to get all the relevant points to apply for residency, which is our plan going forwards.... but for yourself (if you are not too fussed about what kind of work you do once you're out there) then a WHV is much easier to get and prob just what you need

My other half has a WHV as he is wanting to change from a desk job that he currently does to manual/trades work, so his plan is to get out there - take whatever is available and hopefully at some point re-train into a trade that is needed in NZ.

We met lots of people when we went to NZ last year who were mixing travelling around NZ with work using a WHV, and they had all managed to find jobs easily enough including on construction sites labouring, shop work, farm work... so if you are after an adventure (good on you) then I reckon a WHV should see you right
Thanks for the explanation Jundan.

But I am still wondering, if one is working in ICT industry which is listed in long-term skill shortage, i.e. immigration will not do the market test.
In that case, one can just apply a tourist visa and come to NZ for job hunting. After he/she secure a position, he can apply for working visa without any market test. After that, he/she can start to work and apply for residency.

In that case, what is the difference between silver fern and tourist visa?
Old May 4th 2012, 11:50 am
Just Joined

rajaduraisaamy is an unknown quantity at this point

hi tommyhoney,

the payment process went smooth and there wasnt any hiccups at the payment section, yet 2 different client were generated so im not sure what really went wrong...
Hi oxide007 & tommyhoney,
I too having the same issues what you guys are mentioned in the above replies. I made my payment without any page refresh or reenter CC details but after successful payment (mail confirmation from the bank) it redirects to blank screen with message "The specified request cannot be executed from current Application Pool".

After sometime, i got an email from INZ regarding server fern visa apllication accepted followed by another rejecting email regarding "Error with your.... " later with different client number as you guys received.

Another interesting info is, when i logged into my account and checked the application status it is showing "Application Received"!!!!. I clicked "My application" link, a new What's happening? screen opened up by showing status as "Application Received" under Online Application table and different application number (not the same one as mentioned in the rejection mail by INZ) under Immigration Application. I am totally puzzled!!!

Can you guys share what is teh status is been showing at your account?

Also please provode INZ customer support email id?

Thanks,
Raja
Old May 4th 2012, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

Beanaleena is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by maydayshay
Hi everybody
I got rejection letter after 6 hours of confirmation letter like CoopsDeVille, oxide007 and tommyhoney and I think we have to get back our places because it was a system error not our fault. Any one with an idea to follow up this problem?
Hello, I also had the most gutting error email this morning. It is awful that they can do this. My application and payment went through at 10.09am. I phoned nz immigration this morning and she confirmed the error. the system didnt cut of at 300. I would love to know if there is any way that they cannot withdraw it after paying and confirmining but at the same time I dont want to annoy the place I want to move to! really gutting!

Let me know if you find a way to still get it!

Natalie
Old May 4th 2012, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

rajaduraisaamy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aiki
Yeah, I agree with your opinion.
Well, I am unfortunately a little bit too old to get WHV
BTW being on WHV can you work as skilled worker (e.g. software developer)?
Because from the immigration website, it is written that the main point is holiday but you are allowed to work. I don't really understand what does it mean Does it mean that one can only work part time?

I also read from somewhere that one can only be in NZ for maximum 12 months when he/she is on WHZ? In this case how can he/she apply for residency?

BTW, do you secure a place in 2012 silver fern visa, Jundan?
Guys,
Can anyone who got rejection email please share your current application status present in your account?
Old May 4th 2012, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

On the web it's still says "application received". I'm one of you all who recieved the error in application even after successfully made the payment.

Originally Posted by rajaduraisaamy
Guys,
Can anyone who got rejection email please share your current application status present in your account?
Old May 4th 2012, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

Beanaleena is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rajaduraisaamy
Guys,
My application status is also 'Application Received' and Payment 'Received'

The client number on my error email is different to the one on my confirmation email....I guess we could hope for duplicates but I think the unthinkable has happened. They have my money, they have confirmed it all.....how can they now take it all away!!!

Surely, they have to honour these visas?! Or there is probably something somewhere in the small print saying they can withdraw the offer at any time!
Old May 4th 2012, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

CoopsDeVille is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, 'application received', and 'payment received'...

:/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.