Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Where has the last 6 months gone?

Where has the last 6 months gone?

Old Jul 1st 2008, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Catkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud of
Default Where has the last 6 months gone?

Hi folks

Well can you believe it, we've been here in New Zealand for 6 months today

I remember the plane landind in Wellington and then getting to the Holiday Inn not long after 2pm and then we all crashed out till 10pm

A lot has happened in 6 months, Mum died 8th, moved in to rental 12th, then I can't remeber if the dog or the furniture arrived next! Got kids registered at school, hubby started job 4th Feb, kids started school 7th and I also started my job same day.
Spent a lot of spare time behaving like tourists, looking at houses to buy that we can't until UK house sells.
Youngest had trouble at school with bullies, that seems to be sorted now. And today I quit my job as I have been offered another one and perhaps another one in the pipeline so I can have my choice

So that's it so fat I think. Met some of you at bowling and going to Dirks 40th so might see some of you there.

Enough of my waffling on, going to bed, NZ TV is so bad, it's a good job I joined the library!!

Cheers

Catkin
Old Jul 1st 2008, 10:36 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all
Default Re: Where has the last 6 months gone?

We also arrived on 1st January (only just 2335hrs). Tony started work 7th Jan. Eldest son joined us 23rd January.

The time has flown by. With having no children to settle into school I truly felt until quite recently that I was on holiday.

Reality is now settling in. I'm not working yet but intend to get a job after James manages to find work. He's not having any luck at all, poor thing is starting to feel unwanted. Really hates being financially dependent upon us and not having a social life.

As I said Tony (hubby) is working but absolutely hates it and will probably find employment elsewhere. Fortunately he is not 'stuck' with this job and is free to move on.

David (eldest son) found a job quite easily and is enjoying himself, we don't see much of him as his is in bed by 8.30pm and is long gone by the time we get up at 7.30 he now needs to find a social circle - the only bonus is he's saving for the first time in his life.

Nice to look back over the past 6 months, looking forward to next.

Pauline

PS Don't forget to post your gardening tips - I'm still checking out the thread. Aubergine I really need to grow my own as they currently cost $8.98 each.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

custard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant future
Default Re: Where has the last 6 months gone?

How are things going with the house in the UK? Are you finding if difficult/worrying if it is OK when you are so far away. Unfortunately, it looks like we will have to move to NZ with our house still for sale as the market seems to be going from bad to worse!! I just want to get to NZ and start living the dream!!!

Best Wishes
Mrs CC