Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What do you miss most??

What do you miss most??

Old Mar 10th 2009, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you miss most??

Originally Posted by carolineshewan
i love this too. you can buy it in new world
It's not the same though or at least in Wellington New World it is not. Too sweet and the wrong colour. I did get something in a small independent bakery on holiday on South island (Oamaru, Bridge Cafe) which tasted very similar.

Maybe I should clarify and say I miss M&S cakes primarily. I had a visitor bring me a Christmas Cake over for instance (You can get them here I know but they are quite different).

I like friands here though with my coffee!
Old Mar 11th 2009, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crap coffee
Galaxy is rubbish. not sure why on earth ppl longing for Galaxy chocolates. There are much nicer and superior quality handmade fresh Belgian/French (Fauchon) chocolates exist here.

I got two of Galaxy Dark last year while staying in Auckland, and it was just tasteless and thus dumped it to my brother & left most of them in the fridge and came back to Welly.
Libby, I think you have missed the point in Galaxy chocolate, yes there are superior quality chocolates but Galaxy is smooth and just melts in your mouth like no other does if you let it before wolfing it all down.

Their Dark stuff is strange mind you...!
Old Mar 11th 2009, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

NIKKI SNELL is a jewel in the roughNIKKI SNELL is a jewel in the roughNIKKI SNELL is a jewel in the roughNIKKI SNELL is a jewel in the roughNIKKI SNELL is a jewel in the rough

I miss pickled onion monster munch and proper tomato sauce !!!!!
Old Mar 12th 2009, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

cleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to all

Bisto gravy
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:12 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Milk tray?

I miss propper beer the most...before you say "it's not food" look at most stout drinkers.
My regulars have a saying

Drinkin is eatin and eatin is cheatin

Pauline
Old Jun 30th 2009, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

metsecman will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Kimi-Deacon
Pork Pies and Fray Bentos Steak and Mushroom Pies and Galaxy Chocolate apart from that nothing as you can get everything else i like over here.
I know where you can get a real Melton Mowbray pork pie in New Zealand!
Old Jun 30th 2009, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by metsecman

OK then.....Share....
Old Jun 30th 2009, 11:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by NZGrl
OK then.....Share....
Look at www.mowbray.co.nz...... I will say no more
Old Jun 30th 2009, 11:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Double cream.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by metsecman

Pray tell LOL
Old Jun 30th 2009, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

Doh website under construction, i think i might be one of there best customers
Old Jul 1st 2009, 12:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Double cream.
On second thoughts.....Cute,furry syrian HAMSTERS
Old Jul 1st 2009, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

Rustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sparkie down under
tell you what I miss

going back to your car after shopping, wondering if the window has been put in
or
seeing that smug bastard in a white van with a speed camera as you do 80 on the motorway
or
listening to the radio and hearing that the queue you are in is 10 miles long
or
cars towing f'ing horse boxes (hang on we have them here)
or
council rates for services you'll never use
or
f'ing stupid women taking their precious ones to school in their 4x4 on the school run, (hang on again we have them here as well)
or
coming home to a warm house
or
the queens speech at Christmas -hahahahahahahahaha

We have all of those here, apart from the warm house and the smug bastard is in a red van not white!
Old Jul 1st 2009, 12:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kimi-Deacon
Doh website under construction, i think i might be one of there best customers
Hey Kimi, you've looked before haven't you? Your browser stores the site on its hard drive so that when you look at it again it loads quicker. Try again but then click the refresh button on your browser.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 3:41 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolineshewan
I would love a can of irnbru though mmmmmmmm, though probably best i cant get it as one of the things that triggers my migraines
Kerikeri New World has irn bru.
I'm another one that misses double cream - it's amazing really as here we are in New Zealand, a huge dairy country, and no double cream!
I'm going back for a holiday in October and I will stuff myself till I'm ill with tescos cheese and onion crisps!
I used to miss rowies but now a baker in Auckland makes them and he sends them up to me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.