Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

"Weta your Whistle'-the all new Kiwi bar

"Weta your Whistle'-the all new Kiwi bar

Old Jul 17th 2013, 1:35 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Weta your Whistle'-the all new Kiwi bar

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Where's the Barman? I've been waiting for ages here.
I say we just leap over the bar and help ourselves

Merlot anyone??
Old Jul 17th 2013, 1:37 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

That's a very good idea, Sue . Cheers
Old Jul 17th 2013, 1:39 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
That's a very good idea, Sue . Cheers
I'm right there with you ....
Old Jul 17th 2013, 4:17 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Yes please

I need something to fortify myself before I go out in the 36 degree heat and visit Walmart The heat probably means the mindless zombies that wander aimlessly round the carpark will be even more slow and clueless today

I so prefer the mutual respect drivers and pedestrians in carparks have in the UK and NZ I didn't realise it existed until I came here
Old Jul 18th 2013, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
Yes please

I need something to fortify myself before I go out in the 36 degree heat and visit Walmart The heat probably means the mindless zombies that wander aimlessly round the carpark will be even more slow and clueless today

I so prefer the mutual respect drivers and pedestrians in carparks have in the UK and NZ I didn't realise it existed until I came here
Don't forget to take photos in Walmart
Old Jul 18th 2013, 8:33 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cappuccino
Don't forget to take photos in Walmart
You do get some 'interesting' clothing choices. I have yet to find a way to take a photo without them realising and I don't want any trouble, they have guns! Did see a quite outstanding mullet the other day

It's slightly more diverse here as well, we went into the next nearest one which is 30minutes drive away. Everyone was wearing camouflage hunting gear [including women and children] and there looked to be very little diversity in the gene pool. I suspect everyone in the shop was related to each other I suppose it's so bloody remote that you have to marry your cousin...
Old Jul 19th 2013, 4:22 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Buckets away. It is Friday

Merlot lined up . Bottle for me and bottles for all you lot too.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

This one's my round - it's been a shaky old day here in the Capital!
Old Jul 19th 2013, 5:28 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Thanks BEVS,

And the Merlot's already lined up!!
Maybe we should persuade Catchafire to keep the bar stocked with his own wines
Old Jul 19th 2013, 10:26 pm
`

Originally Posted by Persephone
Thanks BEVS,

And the Merlot's already lined up!!
Maybe we should persuade Catchafire to keep the bar stocked with his own wines

You need to savour those. I was after a right old slurp and glug.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 1:02 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

I'll have a glug, thanks
Old Jul 21st 2013, 6:09 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Drinks all round for those in NZ affected by the quakes.
Hope you're ok and that the aftershocks don't go on too long.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 6:57 am
`

Monday evening glugs all round. It just feels right.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 11:40 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Originally Posted by BEVS
Monday evening glugs all round. It just feels right.
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 8:52 am

Could I have a Quakey Cocktail please? Definitely shaken and not stirred.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.