Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

we just bought a wii

we just bought a wii

Old Sep 30th 2009, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

zummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud of
Default we just bought a wii

I know, we moved all this way to enjoy the great outdoors ... but even NZ has wet days (and with young kids who get up at the crack of dawn), we have a spare hour or so in the morning which I'm sure the neighbours would prefer them to stay indoors

Anyway ... we have a wii as if yesterday and it's fab

Only have wii sports so far, so any recommendations for games?

Lou
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:36 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: we just bought a wii

Which brings the question....

Will the game work over here?? It being the south hemisphere.... lol
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 5:57 am
Northern Monkey

adamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to all

Depends what you want the Wii for, if its for the kids then there seem to be loads of games for them (I'm sure somebody will know more about this than me, but it seems as though the graphics are not so hot on the Wii as other consoles, so they make more "cartoon" style games).
Personally, my Wii arrived from the Uk this week, so I've been spending my rainy weekday nights killing Germans on "Medal of Honour". I'm saving up to get the Beatles game, along with the McCartney style base, for some serious moptop sessions.
Just a word of warning, be sure to shut the curtains before playing on the Wii, I live in an apartment , and my neigbours seemed to be taking an unhealthy interest in my efforts on the golf game.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

The Wii is not regional so ANY game from ANY country will play.
We've got the Beatles on our 360 and its a great game, something all
the family can do together
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 7:48 am
Buzzy Bee Mad

Beetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of light

I am selling my sons Wii at the moment as he has out grown the games and wants a 360 for christmas.

But i must admit I really enjoyed the Wii sports and Wii fit but for the younger ones the you can't go wrong with the Mario party games, infact any Mario game also the Zelda games are good.

happy game playing
Old Oct 4th 2009, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

My kids enjoy the nerf games as you use the control in a gun ( only 1 supplied so had to buy another) as well as wii sports,mario kart,star wars( have light sabers for controls),mario at the olympics. We all play together on wii sports some nights and I use the wii fit. Mind you,the kids do too. Depends on their ages what they are in to. Mine are 9 and 6. They have a Ben 10 game which to me is rubbish but they enjoy it.

Phyl x
Old Oct 4th 2009, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colandros
The Wii is not regional so ANY game from ANY country will play.
We've got the Beatles on our 360 and its a great game, something all
the family can do together
Are you sure about this? If so that is really good to know this as we were wondering how to go about getting other games as new ones were released.....was going to resort to asking rellies in UK to send it over.

Phyl x
Old Oct 5th 2009, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

My daughter likes Sports Resort which has got Archery. Also she has a SIMS game.

We are in NZ and bought our Wii here - no probs.

I do think we miss out on having a Singstar type of experience so I am going to investigate that. I was told that a Logitech microphone would do the trick - has anyone tried it?
Old Oct 5th 2009, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littleal
My daughter likes Sports Resort which has got Archery. Also she has a SIMS game.

We are in NZ and bought our Wii here - no probs.

I do think we miss out on having a Singstar type of experience so I am going to investigate that. I was told that a Logitech microphone would do the trick - has anyone tried it?
I dunno if you can get wii boogie here but that is a sing-a-long one with a mic, we brought ours for my daughter in the uk last xmas.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weejie
Are you sure about this? If so that is really good to know this as we were wondering how to go about getting other games as new ones were released.....was going to resort to asking rellies in UK to send it over.

Phyl x
Yes i am 110% positive. We brought a Wii over and have bought lots of new games for her
and there is no problem playing any of them.
The Wii is not regional and any game from any country will wwork
Old Oct 6th 2009, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

newnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud of

Mario Karts is very good fun and all can enjoy!
Old Oct 6th 2009, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by colandros
Yes i am 110% positive. We brought a Wii over and have bought lots of new games for her
and there is no problem playing any of them.
The Wii is not regional and any game from any country will wwork
Brilliant,at least that is something else we can think of for birthdays and Xmas.

Phyl x