Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Taboo-subjects in NZ?

Taboo-subjects in NZ?

Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:04 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taboo-subjects in NZ?

Having extracted the tounge from my cheek I will put it back in again before I ask you to sit down Aunty when you read this.....which puts the opposing view and explains why many people buy the "poaching" idea even Kiwis!:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rug...nd-talent.html
Might be just a grain of truth there......or is it just sour grapes?
I doubt that Brendan Gallagher is your best friend anyway, but knows a bit about rugby - pity he often seems to come accross as anti-AB.
The Telegraph always was the British paper with the best sports coverage so he should be a good journo and this reads well, eh?
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/brendan...trinations_xv_
Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Mgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond repute

lardyl: Don't be daft. I had no idea TRH is a Finn until you mentioned it. He (?) has never mentioned it during my time on this forum, nor does is it visible in his on screen information.

I invite any of the admins to either out me as a troll using various nicks or alternatively to confirm that lardyl is wrong.

All the people in London know each other, so do all of the 5,3 million Finns -right. Are you afraid of a Finnish conspiracy to take over the forum or why do two Finns on the forum bother you that much? Grow up. I'm here to discuss aspects of NZ life and to get information on the immigration process and I suggest you do the same instead of cooking up all kinds of theories about other posters' identities.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Mgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishheaven
Stone age from the perspective of having no metal objects, or even the wheel come to that.
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikijun...zations/Mayans

Actually they knew both, but did not find wheel useful enought for other than toys and astrology, and used metal only for artefacts, not for practical tools or weapons.

This is my last post on this thread.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:27 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, this has gone majestically off topic so I'm going to move it to the Sheep Dip if you lot want to carry it on!
Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Mgee

I invite any of the admins to either out me as a troll using various nicks or alternatively to confirm that lardyl is wrong.
I certainly don't have the two of you linked and no suspicions aroused here your Honour ...
Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:29 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Fairy, sorry that I'm the spanner in the works, PM me and I'll crawl back off to my hole........along with the other beardy troglo types........
Although I must say that it is well on topic, maybe as the OP intended.....
Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by lardyl
Hey Fairy, sorry that I'm the spanner in the works, PM me and I'll crawl back off to my hole........along with the other beardy troglo types........
Although I must say that it is well on topic, maybe as the OP intended.....

I only moved it because all the references to history and rugby confused me ...

Where's the thread for all things pink and sparkly?
Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:48 am
you dewty owld maan!

At the end of that BAR........

Got to get MrsL off the work laptop so we can have some time together without MkII and my folks who are in sunny (not) Northland at the moment enjoy the last real hols before winter.....boohoo.....nite nite....
Old Apr 20th 2009, 2:03 pm
THR
Account Closed

THR is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know Mgee, our posting-style is entirely different, Mgee claims to be female, I am male, I no longer have stated my location because this forum is for British expats, so I can't be bothered to answer questions why am I interested in the British expat-forum as if that was somehow against the rules.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
Having extracted the tounge from my cheek I will put it back in again before I ask you to sit down Aunty when you read this.....which puts the opposing view and explains why many people buy the "poaching" idea even Kiwis!:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rug...nd-talent.html
Might be just a grain of truth there......or is it just sour grapes?
I doubt that Brendan Gallagher is your best friend anyway, but knows a bit about rugby - pity he often seems to come accross as anti-AB.
The Telegraph always was the British paper with the best sports coverage so he should be a good journo and this reads well, eh?
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/brendan...trinations_xv_

Dear lardyl

I am NOT your Aunty buckoo so quit your putdowns.

Bellasmum
Old Apr 21st 2009, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
Dear lardyl

I am NOT your Aunty buckoo so quit your putdowns.

Bellasmum
PS - No I have not read your UK links. Why would I we were talking NZ rugby and I am willing to be (and you appear to have proven it by ignoring my request) that I know more about the facts of NZ/PI rugby than you will in your lifetime.

Night, night.
Old May 10th 2009, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janek
ooh do tell Browner, you seem to be very knowledgeable on this issue, tell us about these 'communties' where it is 'tolerated'.
I have to confess to being ignorant on the shagging of one's daughters....
Down here in hicksville though they sit about the house/shed/bach/tent/ farm talking about incest all day long, not in the least bit nervous, maybe you're living in the wrong town Browner come on down..... no on second thoughts stay where you are.
You can mock sexual abuse if you want.

Someone agrees with me - Rape Prevention Education.

Quote: "It is estimated 1 in 3 to 5 girls and 1 in 6 to 10 boys are likely to be sexually abused or raped before the age of 16 in this country

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/opinion/pos...illiams/1566/1
Old May 10th 2009, 11:54 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
PS - No I have not read your UK links. Why would I we were talking NZ rugby and I am willing to be (and you appear to have proven it by ignoring my request) that I know more about the facts of NZ/PI rugby than you will in your lifetime.

Night, night.
LOL, I know that you know it all, you've made that crystal clear when anyone dares to disagree....what with all that OE and living on every continent, with sons in every profession taking the world by storm, we must bow to your superiority in all fields......

never said I was an expert, just raised another taboo and did actually agree with you in the end, although I should point out that I did bother to think about someone else's point of view rather than going off on a diatribe about how stupid you are.....no more "Aunty" - now its "Aunt Sally" from here on in............

BTW, you really do show your "immense knowledge" by failing to bother to consider what anyone else might think about the subject - Pomms do watch Kiwi rugby too and have a point of view.........of course as they are writing from the othere side of the world it must somehow get mixed up........
Old May 11th 2009, 5:48 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

should I mention that a few of the pacific islanders mentioned in the links provided were born here? Doesn't make a huge difference when looking at someone born here and someone raised here, but I found it interesting that when a writer refers to the pacific players they mention certain players.

Funnily enough, I also note that the writer didn't refer to them as having been born in Pacific Islands - which leads me to suspect that he knew that inferring they were was enough.

Meh. Bigger things to be concerned with. Like how I am going to get home in this freezing weather. I am not a penguin. I do not like icey weather.
Old May 11th 2009, 5:50 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

oh, it's the Telegraph article I was referring to btw.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.