Struggling a bit

Old Feb 25th 2016, 8:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Struggling a bit

Originally Posted by Hazelnut
I survived the course and my portfolio of theoretical and practical assignments was passed yesterday

Just need to pass the final exam day (both theory and practical elements) on 16th March and my 2.5yrs of retraining is DONE. I'm devoting evenings and weekends to practising and rehearsing for exam day but it could go either way.

If I pass I'll have three qualifications (vocational and academic) that are all relevant to my new career plus a *lot* of evidence to submit for membership of equivalent, professional body in NZ.

The sad balance is that my parents have deteriorated so badly in the last month that they need to be urgently rehoused into sheltered accommodation and we can't find any. I'm currently spending a lot of time driving 350 miles each way to speak to medics, social services and care homes. I'm desperately hoping we can move them within the next six months so they are safe in case we have the chance to move.
Well done so far and best of British for the 16th.

Sorry to hear about your parentals. I hope you can find somewhere suitable for them quickly. It's such a huge worry isn't it.

My mum has been ill for years and frankly me and my brothers are surprised she's still alive (she turned 80 last month) but my major concern lately has been my dad. My sil tells me that in the last 3 months he has suddenly turned into a little old man. As a daddy's girl, I'm feeling very upset about this. My sil is being a rock and at least tells me how it is, my brother is in denial and talks of my mum getting better. That isn't going to happen.

We shall be over in June to try and assist in sorting them out, they can't live in their own house for too much longer. I looked at sheltered accommodation in their home town and what's available is just not suitable.

Study along with all the worry and travelling will take it's toll so be gentle on yourself.
Old Mar 25th 2016, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

I had to leave my mother's bedside to travel home to sit my final assessment on the 16th before racing back down again to give her the amazing news that I had passed and have my new career just 24hrs before she passed away. Bittersweet.

Thank you for the support in this thread everyone, I often come back to it when feeling low

Hope the travel plans for June are going OK VitalS.
Old Mar 29th 2016, 12:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hazelnut
I had to leave my mother's bedside to travel home to sit my final assessment on the 16th before racing back down again to give her the amazing news that I had passed and have my new career just 24hrs before she passed away. Bittersweet.

Thank you for the support in this thread everyone, I often come back to it when feeling low

Hope the travel plans for June are going OK VitalS.
I can imagine that that was bittersweet for you. I bet she was so proud of you, a gift for you both.

Travel plans are a bit up and down, sort of like my mood at present . On the plus side my Dad has a diagnosis for his hands and shoulder joints and is being treated for it. He is feeling much better and is sounding so much better too. A huge relief for me and him! So we shall see what June brings and take it from there.